PDA

View Full Version : Update Now Mandatory

sand
11-13-13, 02:01 PM
We just went from being reminded that an update is available for download to being REQUIRED to download it.
"You must upgrade to the latest version of Kingdom Clash in order to play. Please go to the Apple App Store to download the update."
Wow. Why so insistent? Generally a forced update does NOT bode well for players.
I have a Royal Hall upgrade to L8 and a Bear promotion to L4 underway. I'd hate to see them go through some nasty change midway. All this, and we STILL haven't been told what's REALLY new in version 1.3.2.

teogionia
11-13-13, 02:13 PM
I have a good idea why update is a mandatory. Have read sonewhere on the forum someone gave a tip not to update the game. This is an answer to that. Fair way to play the game, is not it what we all want?

sand
11-13-13, 02:32 PM
I have a good idea why update is a mandatory. Have read sonewhere on the forum someone gave a tip not to update the game. This is an answer to that. Fair way to play the game, is not it what we all want?
Oh, I don't know. That's an option with most updates. Some players will opt to stick with the old version, but eventually, they realize that they are missing out on certain features and benefits and give in. Generally that happens in any update that actually IMPROVES the game overall. So it's usually not necessary for the developer to make the update mandatory.
We often see mandatory updates where the version you are using is very old. But Kingdom Clash 1.3.1 was released about 2 weeks ago. I just wish they would give us some information.

sand
11-13-13, 02:43 PM
Well, FireMocha, I for one will NOT be downloading any update while my Royal Hall and Bear promotion are under the clock, unless you provide information on how the update will affect upgrades that are already underway.
Both were supposed to take 7 days. The RH upgrade began a couple hours ago. The Bear promotion had 3 days left to go. If you don't respond to my inquiry, I'm prepared to sit out for a week. Should it come to that, I surely hope I will log in to find myself with Level 4 Bears and a Level 8 Royal Hall. Whatever else happens, so be it.

crusader7
11-13-13, 03:45 PM
lol sand, I am undergoing the exact same upgrades, and I updated without even thinking of that :) But I can tell you the countdown didn't change for either of them.

FrozenTurtle
11-13-13, 04:17 PM
Let me assure you that this update will not affect any of your upgrade times. :)

This is an update that fixes a few issues with the Summoner in replays as well as some back end fixes. Because this Summoner issue was so prevalent, we opted to require this update to ensure everyone's game gets the fix as soon as possible.

sand
11-14-13, 02:21 AM
Let me assure you that this update will not affect any of your upgrade times. :)

This is an update that fixes a few issues with the Summoner in replays as well as some back end fixes. Because this Summoner issue was so prevalent, we opted to require this update to ensure everyone's game gets the fix as soon as possible.

Ah... a Godfather moment. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

I don't suppose... (dare I ask?) is there any chance you may give us details on exactly WHAT to expect of the Summoner in battle? I've had everything from spectacular to horrendous results with those gypsies on the field, and I've been hearing that you've "nerfed" them, whatever the heck that means.

PATCH NOTES? Anything?

jahil
11-14-13, 06:03 AM
Ah... a Godfather moment. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

I don't suppose... (dare I ask?) is there any chance you may give us details on exactly WHAT to expect of the Summoner in battle? I've had everything from spectacular to horrendous results with those gypsies on the field, and I've been hearing that you've "nerfed" them, whatever the heck that means.

PATCH NOTES? Anything?

I have seen how the summoners work and it is so much weaker than when it was introduced....

But what are these "other back end fixes" you are talking about? Did you also nerf the effectivity of other troops, ive heard the archers are weaker now too... .???

Nerf is reducing the effectiveness of a particular game element... Buff is the opposite of nerfing... FOR EXAMPLE... Used in a sentence.....Firemocha is buffing the june players and nerfed the new players.... Just an example on the usage of the words...

sand
11-14-13, 06:25 AM
Thank you for the mini-lesson in gaming terminology, Jahil. I'm trying to keep up with you young folks. LOL

Indeed, my archers seemed rather feeble in raids this week. (I was hoping I was mistaken.) You know how crazy I am about archers, so if I'm leaving them out of battles, something is wrong. Mine are Level 4, but their performance lately reminded me of the Level 1 days. What's going on? I'm raiding with warriors now. Imagine the unimaginable - me choosing jarheads over my hoody gals.

Hang on. Here comes the silence from FireMocha.

... Shhhh! You'll miss it! ...

... (crickets) ...

syllrag
11-14-13, 07:19 AM
Nerf is reducing the effectiveness of a particular game element... Buff is the opposite of nerfing... FOR EXAMPLE... Used in a sentence.....Firemocha is buffing the june players and nerfed the new players.... Just an example on the usage of the words...

LOL so true!!

syllrag
11-14-13, 07:53 AM
They will give the patch note next month and say sorry, or maybe not. The strange thing is that they don't change the description of the troops (damage etc) in game when they nerfed or buffed certain troop...

Since archers and summoners are nerfed with the new update, I probably will go with bears and warriors now.

sand
11-14-13, 08:56 AM
Okay, now that we have a flaming red dragon on the Kingdom Clash button, I keep accidentally opening Dragon Story now. Is it me, or are the game icons now terribly similar? Why is it red anyway? The Kingdom Clash dragon is purple!

FrozenTurtle
11-14-13, 02:20 PM
But what are these "other back end fixes" you are talking about? Did you also nerf the effectivity of other troops, ive heard the archers are weaker now too... .???

Indeed, my archers seemed rather feeble in raids this week. (I was hoping I was mistaken.) You know how crazy I am about archers, so if I'm leaving them out of battles, something is wrong. Mine are Level 4, but their performance lately reminded me of the Level 1 days. What's going on?

These back end fixes don't have to do the effectiveness of any of your Troops, so not to worry. It's just required maintenance to make sure the game is stable. Also, we've been alerted to an issue with Archers. It's not that they are weaker in terms of stats. It's that there may be issues in targeting. Our engineers have fixed this for our next version update, but they are also seeing if they can add a hot fix since a new version will take time to be approved.

sand
11-14-13, 11:35 PM
OMG! My hoody gals ain't shootin' straight and now you say they're itching for a hot fix? LOL
Hit me with it, engineers. Archers are the pride and joy of my army. Please patch em up quick!