PDA

View Full Version : Spellstone Walls!

sand
11-13-13, 12:14 PM
Many players complain that the availability and demand for spellstone vs coins is imbalanced. There appears to be an abundance of spellstone such that vaults are often overflowing with no way to use it up. Available loot on raids is almost always stone-heavy. At the same time, defenses eat up huge quantities of coins. I offer a solution that will help balance out resources and add a layer of complexity to battle.

Create a second type of wall -- the SPELLSTONE WALL! It is made of pure spellstone, and is purchased and upgraded by spellstone. It will work like the existing walls with some key differences:
1. Spellstone walls will be available at different RH levels in SMALLER QUANTITIES than the current walls.
2. Spellstone walls will be MORE COSTLY than current walls. E.g., coin-purchased walls start at 250 coins per piece; spellstone walls may start at 1000 stones per piece.
3. Spellstone walls will be INVISIBLE to the attacker! Raiders will not know that you have spellstone walls until their troops strike the wall and see the hitpoint meter of the wall respond to the impact.

Shouldn't spellstone have magical qualities? We have yet to see these blue stones do anything other than act as a form of currency. Let's bring spellstone to life with the SPELLSTONE WALL.

syllrag
11-13-13, 05:59 PM
You know, I was thinking just after I posted the towers using ss idea... The simplest way to balance the ss is to increase prices... That's why they increase the price for troops promotion. So lets just shut our mouth before they increase the prices for training troops...

jahil
11-13-13, 09:52 PM
I dont care about the cost...but Upgrading/promoting time is just ridiculous... Totally imbalanced... I dont mind them increasing cost a bit as long as they shorten the up/pro times... the way things are now Only benefits the early players...

Chianti
11-14-13, 11:52 AM
To be honest, I think everything should cycle between coin and stone. What I mean is, in a perfect scenario, upgrading from level 1 to level 2 would cost , let's say coin. That means upgrading from level 2 to level 3 would cost stone. Then back to coin for 3 to 4. Etc.

That's my suggestion, but the writer is correct. As long as walls cost coin, there will never be enough coins to loot. There are 250 walls, and they cost just as much to upgrade as a building. Assuming you don't buy gems, it will take YEARS to get all your walls to level 10. In just a few months the greater majority of vetern players will have their defenses maxed out, leaving only walls to upgrade.

Either change walls and structures to use my rotation strategy, or change walls so they cost gems. It's imbalanced right now. Too much requires coin to upgrade and very little requires gems. At the moment, all I have left is to upgrade my dragons and horse units. Once that's done, I'll never have a use for gems anymore, and my gem will constantly be maxed at 14 million.

-Mossad
Join Alliance "Shin Bet" if you are a competitive player

sand
11-15-13, 12:23 AM
I think we can infer that by "gems" Chianti actually means "spellstones" and isn't actually suggesting that walls should cost gems, i.e., the premium currency that players can buy with real money.

Chianti
11-15-13, 09:23 AM
I think we can infer that by "gems" Chianti actually means "spellstones" and isn't actually suggesting that walls should cost gems, i.e., the premium currency that players can buy with real money.

You are correct. Unfortunately, there is no way to edit your own post. Another thing that needs to change. This is one of the few phpbb blogs out there that doesn't allow users to edit their own posts.

nachomandeluxe
11-30-13, 11:28 AM
Many players complain that the availability and demand for spellstone vs coins is imbalanced. There appears to be an abundance of spellstone such that vaults are often overflowing with no way to use it up. Available loot on raids is almost always stone-heavy. At the same time, defenses eat up huge quantities of coins. I offer a solution that will help balance out resources and add a layer of complexity to battle.

Create a second type of wall -- the SPELLSTONE WALL! It is made of pure spellstone, and is purchased and upgraded by spellstone. It will work like the existing walls with some key differences:
1. Spellstone walls will be available at different RH levels in SMALLER QUANTITIES than the current walls.
2. Spellstone walls will be MORE COSTLY than current walls. E.g., coin-purchased walls start at 250 coins per piece; spellstone walls may start at 1000 stones per piece.
3. Spellstone walls will be INVISIBLE to the attacker! Raiders will not know that you have spellstone walls until their troops strike the wall and see the hitpoint meter of the wall respond to the impact.

Shouldn't spellstone have magical qualities? We have yet to see these blue stones do anything other than act as a form of currency. Let's bring spellstone to life with the SPELLSTONE WALL.
I don't like this idea. Upgrade your troops!