PDA

View Full Version : Add ability to RATE freinds so they move up or down in your list.

boilerfan
11-13-13, 08:45 AM
Another nice feature would be the ability to rate friends on your list. What is happening is people are loading up slots and charging full price for items anybody can make. I mean really who is silly enough to pay full price for milk and eggs? Who wants to waste the bandwidth and time hitting every tab. I imagine most people have hundreds of freinds if they have been playing awhile. How about having the ability to rate after each transaction so your preferred friends can always be at the front of your list. This would also help in moving down inactive players. This is one of the greatest scalability problems this game faces and one that needs to be in the user requirements! 'Dead friends' ruin games like City Story when you need permits and send out hundreds of requests and get back 1 or 2 a day.

mathstagelover
11-17-13, 06:24 AM
Another nice feature would be the ability to rate friends on your list. What is happening is people are loading up slots and charging full price for items anybody can make. I mean really who is silly enough to pay full price for milk and eggs? Who wants to waste the bandwidth and time hitting every tab. I imagine most people have hundreds of freinds if they have been playing awhile. How about having the ability to rate after each transaction so your preferred friends can always be at the front of your list. This would also help in moving down inactive players. This is one of the greatest scalability problems this game faces and one that needs to be in the user requirements! 'Dead friends' ruin games like City Story when you need permits and send out hundreds of requests and get back 1 or 2 a day.

I agreed with you, the can be frustrating, but I'm questioning its necessity. One, it would be a pain for the players, as I know I get a few requests every day, plus I would have to watch them constantly and decide what to rate them. Two, how would TeamLava make this? And three, would your friends see them? It might hurt their feelings if they're rated low, especially if they're NOT supposed to be rad low, you just haven't gotten to their rating yet?

I'm not completely against the idea, I just don't see quite how it will work out.

mathstagelover
11-17-13, 06:24 AM
*this, not the!

boilerfan
11-20-13, 10:24 AM
I agreed with you, the can be frustrating, but I'm questioning its necessity. One, it would be a pain for the players, as I know I get a few requests every day, plus I would have to watch them constantly and decide what to rate them. Two, how would TeamLava make this? And three, would your friends see them? It might hurt their feelings if they're rated low, especially if they're NOT supposed to be rad low, you just haven't gotten to their rating yet?

I'm not completely against the idea, I just don't see quite how it will work out.

I think TeamLava could do this quite easily without incurring risk to either the application or user experience. I think it would actually enhance the UX. I can think of two approaches on the UI side it. One would be to simply add a 'swipe' feature to the friends list which would allow you to drag a friend to the left or right in the friends list. The second approach would be a green up arrow or red down arrow (optional to click on) on the friends shop when you open it up. This would allow you to move them down (to the right) or up (to the left) the list.

The good thing about this feature is it adds a real element of market competition for good prices. Right now most people have maxed out slots and charge full prices for bundles of 10 and always sit at the front of the list. It would be nice to be able to undercut them and get better 'advertising' :)

As far as the 'rating' system. Two ideas. One, it could be all local to the individual player and what they 'think' about their friends shop/prices. This protects everybody's feelings. Two, it could be public but I don't care as much for the public rating because there are always *****ers that push up ratings or down ratings and this turns the game into a ratings war.

I would simply have a local store on the users device and build out a linked list and move the nodes around. That would take the burden off TeamLava and needing to maintain this data on the server side, except for syncing/backup/migration.

Oh and lastly the 'necessity' is one that you begin to see as the game scales. Games like City Story Metro and Dragon Story suffer with having tons of friends that maybe lasted a week. It can take 5 to 10 minutes to send out requests for an item that almost nobody responds back to. The more friends you have and the more that quit the bigger the problem becomes. I think Farm Story 2 is going in the right direction with at least giving an indication of items in the shop. That way you don't waste time browsing shops on friends that might have quit. On the other hand it would be nice to buy from those offering the best deals and help their business as well.

I also think TeamLava could make more money if you sold 'upgrades' to the shop (such as faster production) kind of like Age of Empires did. What I mean by that instead of asking the user to spend a ton of gems to finish an item, sell an item that knocks off 5% of the build time.

jelichami
12-03-13, 12:52 PM
I've been asking for the neighbors list to sort by social rating rather than alphabetically. That would help weed out or demote inactive neighbors. A favorites list is also a good idea. A wise and kooky panda explained to me that many farmers like the alphabetical list because it allows them to scroll through and easily locate particular neighbors. That makes sense, but it would be great if we had a couple different options (in settings perhaps or as a check box at the top if the neighbors list or the side store) for how to sort the list...

storm8misbolas
12-06-13, 04:01 PM
I think this is a really good idea.

Also, I would like to be able to know who buys from me so the ones who don't buy, I can erase.