PDA

View Full Version : Have your orders been getting worse?

Rockinkitten
11-12-13, 11:36 PM
Lately I've noticed that all my orders coming in are really bad deals for me. They always need many high end items and barely come over 200 coins. The deals used to be much fairer. Is it because I'm levelling up, do you gradually get worse deals? I make at least twice as much selling on the market but I need the tools! I know you get experience points too but I know I used to get a lot of deals for 300 coins or more but not lately, even with jewellery and wooden buttons in the orders.

Uncopyrighted
11-13-13, 01:05 PM
As you progress in the game orders start asking for higher level items. These items are worth more coins than lower level items. Deliveries typically pay out around 50% of what you can get from the newspaper. This becomes much more noticeable as item prices increase. The trade-off is that deliveries offer a small chance of getting a rare item drop in addition to gaining experience. It's really up to you whether you want to go for deliveries or sales in the market. A few points to keep in mind when choosing your strategy:

- You will still receive XP from producing items. So deliveries are not required to progress to the next level.
- Airplane deliveries offer one chance at a rare drop per delivery (which may drop multiple items), while the train offers a chance at a rare drop for each item loaded. Train deliveries seem to be easier to fill for rare item drops, but once it takes off it takes 12 hours to return.
- The newspaper is a great place to find rare items, but you must look at it quite frequently to have a shot at finding something useful. The newspaper claims to refresh every 5 minutes (currently), but rare items can appear at any time. Purchase these quickly because they go fast.

My current strategy is:
1. Produce the most expensive goods possible in all crafting buildings (keep all crafting buildings busy with something at all times.
2. Discard all deliveries that call for a high value item (including iron and anything that requires iron). A 50% hit on a ruby at $199 potential value is a lot more significant than 50% hit on a piece of cheese.
3. If I am short on an item (usually bacon, apples, anchovies, catfish, and lemons) I will buy them at any price from the market (profit is still positive when buying small things at a high price to make a big thing).
4. Sell all items near the highest price allowed (some items will not sell fast and you may need to adjust for this to not fill up your stall with lots of the same thing). If your market stall is always full you should consider lowering prices to keep goods from backing up.
5. If a required item cannot be found in the newspaper (e.g. lemons) then I will produce a lesser item in my crafting building (e.g. stuffed peppers or egg toast in the fryer if I'm out of lemons for breaded catfish).
6. Slowly acquire lesser items in step 5 and fill orders if you happen to have the required items and your stall is already full of good things to sell (remember to discard expensive orders).

Lastly, buy everything in the newspaper that you can make a profit from. I happen to know that linen flowers and bass (among other things) sell quickly at their max price, so I almost always buy those when they come up for sale for anything less. Buy every expansion item and tool, so long as you have room. You can always resell (though I have a hard time with that - I currently have 55 expansion permits).

Using this method, I am able to make over $20,000 per day. If I want to level up quickly or desperately need a certain rare item I will frequently check the newspaper for any required items and fill as many orders as possible. You will likely lose money buying items to fill orders, so try to only fill cheap orders and buy anything that looks like a good deal. I can easily lose $10,000 an hour buying items only to fill orders. I eventually get what I needed as a drop, but it seems a lot smarter to just be patient and keep checking the newspaper.

In summary, my advice is to buy everything that's cheap, produce the best stuff you can, keep your buildings busy 24/7, keep your market stall full, and if you happen to have the required items for a delivery and you don't see yourself selling them in the market any time soon, go for the delivery. Otherwise, stick to sales.

Danthrax85
11-15-13, 12:53 PM
As you progress in the game orders start asking for higher level items. These items are worth more coins than lower level items. Deliveries typically pay out around 50% of what you can get from the newspaper. This becomes much more noticeable as item prices increase. The trade-off is that deliveries offer a small chance of getting a rare item drop in addition to gaining experience. It's really up to you whether you want to go for deliveries or sales in the market. A few points to keep in mind when choosing your strategy:

- You will still receive XP from producing items. So deliveries are not required to progress to the next level.
- Airplane deliveries offer one chance at a rare drop per delivery (which may drop multiple items), while the train offers a chance at a rare drop for each item loaded. Train deliveries seem to be easier to fill for rare item drops, but once it takes off it takes 12 hours to return.
- The newspaper is a great place to find rare items, but you must look at it quite frequently to have a shot at finding something useful. The newspaper claims to refresh every 5 minutes (currently), but rare items can appear at any time. Purchase these quickly because they go fast.

My current strategy is:
1. Produce the most expensive goods possible in all crafting buildings (keep all crafting buildings busy with something at all times.
2. Discard all deliveries that call for a high value item (including iron and anything that requires iron). A 50% hit on a ruby at $199 potential value is a lot more significant than 50% hit on a piece of cheese.
3. If I am short on an item (usually bacon, apples, anchovies, catfish, and lemons) I will buy them at any price from the market (profit is still positive when buying small things at a high price to make a big thing).
4. Sell all items near the highest price allowed (some items will not sell fast and you may need to adjust for this to not fill up your stall with lots of the same thing). If your market stall is always full you should consider lowering prices to keep goods from backing up.
5. If a required item cannot be found in the newspaper (e.g. lemons) then I will produce a lesser item in my crafting building (e.g. stuffed peppers or egg toast in the fryer if I'm out of lemons for breaded catfish).
6. Slowly acquire lesser items in step 5 and fill orders if you happen to have the required items and your stall is already full of good things to sell (remember to discard expensive orders).

Lastly, buy everything in the newspaper that you can make a profit from. I happen to know that linen flowers and bass (among other things) sell quickly at their max price, so I almost always buy those when they come up for sale for anything less. Buy every expansion item and tool, so long as you have room. You can always resell (though I have a hard time with that - I currently have 55 expansion permits).

Using this method, I am able to make over $20,000 per day. If I want to level up quickly or desperately need a certain rare item I will frequently check the newspaper for any required items and fill as many orders as possible. You will likely lose money buying items to fill orders, so try to only fill cheap orders and buy anything that looks like a good deal. I can easily lose $10,000 an hour buying items only to fill orders. I eventually get what I needed as a drop, but it seems a lot smarter to just be patient and keep checking the newspaper.

In summary, my advice is to buy everything that's cheap, produce the best stuff you can, keep your buildings busy 24/7, keep your market stall full, and if you happen to have the required items for a delivery and you don't see yourself selling them in the market any time soon, go for the delivery. Otherwise, stick to sales.

That's aodt exactly the same strategy that I employ, although I'd add wool to that list of things I'm always willing to buy. And change apples to something I only buy if I can get them at or near market price.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else been having trouble getting apple pie to sell the past day or two?
I've had 1 for 115 sitting on my shelf for 12 hours, and that's definitely a decent buying price.

ginrae22
11-15-13, 03:46 PM
Last night nothing of mine was selling at all. I had 5 different items up for sale most of which usually set like hot cakes. It was very strange. Even now I still have two of those items left in my store!

Uncopyrighted- You have an excellent strategy. I also try to use the same strategy. It's been working well for me to save money for the juicer. Anyway...did I read correctly you mean you have actually gotten two items or two of one item from a plane delivery?! That...has for sure never happened to me. Although these days when I do send deliveries that way I rarely get ANYTHING.

Danthrax85
11-15-13, 04:24 PM
Ginrae- I have gotten a tool and a permit before. Especially since I've unlocked the mine, I've been getting a lot of Pickaxes lately and now and then I'll get a Pickaxes and a land deed or old map.

ginrae22
11-15-13, 04:43 PM
ooooo okay so maybe it is something that happens when you have unlocked the mine? Because I am so far from that point haha. I'm on level 25 and starving for land deeds haha. Well that is awesome news to hear that is a possibility at least in the distant future. : )

mamareader02
11-15-13, 07:04 PM
Orders are getting worse,I'm doing more than usual in hopes of saws,but all I'm getting are axes and shovels(yeah,yeah,I know,cry me a river).my neighbors are swimming in saws,I'm lucky to get 1 a day

tankerslacers
11-25-13, 05:22 PM
I am at level 38 and the plane orders stink!!! It seems like you're only being offered 1/3 of the market price on items now. I'm finding my barn full all the time as I discard so many orders. My train orders now only give me 20 hours instead of 36 hours (that started at level 37) so I can't completely fill the train orders. I will fill 6 items in the train for the 2 gems. But... my barn is always full and I'm allowed 395 items so I've been expanding my barn regularly. Anyone else experiencing the same things? Advise? Words of wisdom?

ginrae22
11-25-13, 05:36 PM
Orders are getting worse,I'm doing more than usual in hopes of saws,but all I'm getting are axes and shovels(yeah,yeah,I know,cry me a river).my neighbors are swimming in saws,I'm lucky to get 1 a day

I have saws. I would gladly trade you for some precious shovels if you still have them?! Or get any soon?!

ginrae22
11-25-13, 05:39 PM
I am at level 38 and the plane orders stink!!! It seems like you're only being offered 1/3 of the market price on items now. I'm finding my barn full all the time as I discard so many orders. My train orders now only give me 20 hours instead of 36 hours (that started at level 37) so I can't completely fill the train orders. I will fill 6 items in the train for the 2 gems. But... my barn is always full and I'm allowed 395 items so I've been expanding my barn regularly. Anyone else experiencing the same things? Advise? Words of wisdom?

Yep same here about the train. It's hard to have enough room you sort of have to do all of one item or two at the same time then give them and move on which makes it hard to do. I end up buying things from the newspaper to fill it. I've never sent it totally filled from solely making all of the objects or getting them from my animals.

PookieBear50
11-26-13, 02:00 AM
I'm only at level 29, but I've managed to reach the train (at the expense of reaching the mine and building the forge). I have a feeling I'm not going to be doing much with the train at all, simply because it costs too much to meet the load requirements. I might send off any crops that are requested (which might get me to the bronze, at least) but beyond that, I'm thinking the delivery items for the plane will take up less space in my barn without the stress of trying to produce everything within the time limit - buying everything when I'm trying to save up for the next crafting building is not helping meany.

As far as strategy goes, I usually discard any order under 200 unless I'm very close to filling it from the extras in my barn. I will usually keep all the other orders unless they include things I can't produce, which at the moment includes anything from the deli or the mine as well as the ore for the belt from the Studio. Speaking of which, I also discard any orders asking for hats and anything requiring lemons UNLESS the asking price is over 300. Then I'll start the crafting process. I will also only make the more time-consuming items when they're part of orders. I end up making a lot of biscuits, cornbread, French fries and fried eggs, just to use the eggs and crops before they start backing up. I also alternate between cheese and cream, and flour and sugar, since those might be needed later. And if there's enough left over, I also end up making a lot of animal feed. I only have 4 of each animal right now, so as long as I have 4 bags when they're close to being "scoop-able" I can sell all the rest. It's not worth much, but it brings in more than the crops alone.

I usually end up browsing the newspaper several times in each 5-minute span, especially when I'm looking for something in particular. I will grab up any maps, deeds, and permits that show up, as well as any paint, nails, screws, saws, and shovels. I always try to grab the lemons when they appear - which is very rare - and try to maintain about 30 oranges and 20 bacon. I won't buy other items unless absolutely necessary, like if I need flour or cheese and it would take too long to produce (like it I have brown sugar or butter waiting in the queue). I do also go through all my neighbors' side shops, just in case they might have something up there that I need. I will also "Visit" other farms through the newspaper, especially if I was able to buy an expansion item, on the off chance that they may have other useful items for sale.

Rockinkitten
11-26-13, 02:45 AM
I only put crops on the train. I delete any order under 200 unless they're just crops and low cost items. I have written down a list of every item and what they cost in the shop, in alphabetical order, so I can quickly work out what they are worth before I send out an order! Anything worth over 150 goes in my shop.

mommy1951
11-26-13, 06:45 AM
Lately it seems I don't get anything from my plane trips no prizes no pickaxes nothing I'm desperate need of permits I simply use the plane so that my barn doesn't overflow it's certainly not worth anything to me this way. Why am I only getting coins from a plane trip any clues?

mommy1951
11-26-13, 07:06 AM
Lately it seems I don't get anything from my plane trips no prizes no pickaxes nothing I'm desperate need of permits I simply use the plane so that my barn doesn't overflow it's certainly not worth anything to me this way. Why am I only getting coins from a plane trip any clues?

correction: it's not permits, but the certificates instead, can't get even one anymore, also noticed no one is selling them.

Vllygirl
12-05-13, 08:33 AM
Thank you so much for the advice. I had not realized what the discard button did...what a difference! Instead of being "stuck" trying to find those items I do not make on my farm, I can move forward to orders I can fulfill.