PDA

View Full Version : City Story is Dying!

Unregistered
01-08-11, 04:04 PM
Team Lava, wake up! City Story is one of the best games you have. A whole lot better than Treasure.
Many of us are stopped dead in the water. There is nothing to do except clean your nbrs cities and maybe complete a contract or two. I'm in there all of 10 min. every other day. A lot of my neighbors have stopped playing.
I know you are in over your heads, but how long would it take to make a few expansions? At least we could keep designing, even if there isn't much new content. You are really neglecting FS and CS. Set it right before it goes down the drain.

Unregistered
01-08-11, 06:21 PM
CS already is dead.

It was a good game, but TL abandoned it completely, no updates, no support, the board is full with **** (literally), Norman does not answer any questions, the neighbors are leaving one by one... what is there to look forward to?

Sad!

Unregistered
01-08-11, 08:47 PM
I AGREE! This app is beyond DEAD! No weekly updates or anything at all, Its just a shame how they just keep making more and more games and let the old ones sit there and drift away! TL makes me mad!

Unregistered
01-09-11, 08:47 AM
Norman doesn't answer any questions because the only thing he can say is "There are more updates planned for City Story. Please be patient with us. I apologize for the inconvenience" It's only good business to take care of a popular game you have created. It would be nice if they pulled their heads out of their asses and realized it.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 11:21 AM
they are to busy making islands for that dumb treasure game

N orman
01-10-11, 12:30 PM
they are to busy making islands for that dumb treasure game

Time necessary for us to create an island for TrasherStory: 2 minutes
Time that we use to spend all the money we made with our games: 24h / day

Sorry... but you have to understand that there is just no time left for new islands (and other updates).

Unregistered
01-10-11, 02:58 PM
On the surface it would seem so. I recall Norman mentioning that they were going to hire more people. That suggests to me that they can't keep up with anything. So why continue to work on new games when you don't have time to update your old ones even occaisionally? Especially after you promise weekly updates. Norman must be on an extended vacation. Or else he is hiding from all the Droid users. Another stupid decision to release only a partially functional version for Droid. These guys are clueless.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 03:11 PM
So why continue to work on new games when you don't have time to update your old ones even occaisionally?

Blind greed.

Especially after you promise weekly updates.

That's how it is in the world of advertising. LIE to the upmost extreme. Everything is fine as long as nobody sues you.

Norman must be on an extended vacation.

Of course. They all are. Being the the Top Grossing 25 with several of their games means a ****load of money. Now these kids (TL) spend it.

Or else he is hiding from all the Droid users.

Droid = Joke

These guys are clueless.

TL has in terms of business management absolutely no clue whatsoever. The happen to have totally unexpectedly some success with their games. Now they are overwhelmed with it and screw up.

Unregistered
01-12-11, 05:25 AM
City Story is not dying. There are many other worries in this world, but just want to let you all know that shouldn't be one of them. :cool:

I can't say when the next update will be or what will be included, but I do know that our team is working diligently to create new and hopefully enjoyable things for you all the time and that includes things for all our games.

I think we all know there are many other worries in this world.
If you can not say when the next update will be perhaps you should at least update your promo and remove the "weekly updates" phrase. At least then people wouldn't be expecting something you have no intention of providing.

Dannywizard1
01-16-11, 09:12 AM
Oh stop being silly, I play city story all the time and love it. It is something to pass the time when needed and although they do not do weekly updates, they are very generous to make it a free game. Don't explain yourself Norman! keep up the good work! :)

Unregistered
01-20-11, 02:05 AM
Oh stop being silly, I play city story all the time and love it. It is something to pass the time when needed and although they do not do weekly updates, they are very generous to make it a free game. Don't explain yourself Norman! keep up the good work! :)

Really???? Stop being silly??? Expecting TL to keep their word or at least try to is silly? Yeah, I guess your right.
I tell you what....come back when you are at level 62 or so, completed all your contracts months ago, have no more room to build and then tell us how much you "love playing city story".

We love playing city story too. The problem is we can't play because we can't expand, have no new buildings to buy. I have over 8 mil in coins...there's nothing to spend it on. Come back when you are in the same boat.