PDA

View Full Version : Game Update Pending Invites Will Now Expire!

FrozenTurtle
11-12-13, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone, we know you have been asking for this for quite some time and we have an early Holiday treat for you all! Beginning today, you will notice some of your older Pending Invite Requests disappearing. This is because we have set all your existing Pending Invites to begin expiring. This will affect all games which currently have the Neighbor feature.

Additionally, any future invites after we added this feature will have a timer of only 7 days. You won't see any visible countdown, but they will automatically be removed from your list once they expire. We hope you all will enjoy this new feature.

As always, please report any issues you may encounter immediately. Enjoy! :)

The post was edited to add the following information on 28 September 2021 specifically for Bakery Story. It may also apply to any other games:
* Unfortunately this feature is not currently available. This is a known issue that some pending invites may not expire. Unfortunately, there is no ETA when this issue will be fixed.

CuteTali
11-12-13, 12:39 PM
This is great! Finally clearing up invites so I can try inviting new neighbours. Good job TL.

pinkster73
11-12-13, 04:02 PM
Oh no! I'll have to retire my sign!

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1337741513765-1.png

igames4me
11-12-13, 04:08 PM
Wow sounds great

cortnylyn
11-12-13, 04:13 PM
This sounds like a great idea. Thank You TL :) (btw would be nice if Stormies Store on Kindle went to more of the Thanksgiving look lol)

shangerlangs
11-12-13, 04:30 PM
Great news, after I realised I had pending refused to add anyone else for fear or being left short. Thanks :)

gina8080
11-12-13, 05:27 PM
Awesome!! We greatly appreciate this!! ;)

peaceetc
11-12-13, 06:01 PM
Does this include iMob? I had several pending invites which all disappeared today without warning. I was saving them until I was a bit stronger. If I'd know they were going to expire, I would have done something about them sooner. I'm not a happy camper... a little advanced warning would have been nice. Thanks.

kooky panda
11-12-13, 06:17 PM
Does this include iMob? I had several pending invites which all disappeared today without warning. I was saving them until I was a bit stronger. If I'd know they were going to expire, I would have done something about them sooner. I'm not a happy camper... a little advanced warning would have been nice. Thanks.
The pending invites are the ones that show up in your game where someone else has not accepted your invite.

Are you talking about pending invites that you have not accepted from others?

nadinecross
11-12-13, 06:50 PM
Not cool at all. Pending invites was the quickest way to access other accounts. Now we have to do it the hard way. Scrolling through lists >:(

peaceetc
11-12-13, 07:19 PM
The pending invites are the ones that show up in your game where someone else has not accepted your invite.

Are you talking about pending invites that you have not accepted from others?

Yes, there were several I had yet to accept from others... 100 of them. And now they're all gone.

minidemon88
11-13-13, 02:21 AM
Finally they heard our concerns after years! Thank you for the nice surprise! :D

kooky panda
11-13-13, 05:45 AM
Yes, there were several I had yet to accept from others... 100 of them. And now they're all gone.
Looks like when the pending invites are removed from the games, they will also be removed from the list you have not accepted yet.

Going forward, these now will only remain in your list for 7 days so make sure if you would like someone to be your neighbor that you accept their request within 7 days.

rita6834
11-13-13, 12:37 PM
Yeah:D

peaceetc
11-13-13, 01:18 PM
Looks like when the pending invites are removed from the games, they will also be removed from the list you have not accepted yet.

Going forward, these now will only remain in your list for 7 days so make sure if you would like someone to be your neighbor that you accept their request within 7 days.

Yes, I understand that, and will keep it in mind going forward. But there was no notice, so I had no reason to expect they would disappear. So I essentially lost 100 mob members without warning.

nmishii
11-13-13, 01:48 PM
Thanks!!!

cedkugedchgd
11-13-13, 02:25 PM
yaaay thanks TL !!! :D

ginrae22
11-13-13, 03:05 PM
yay! That has always bothered me a lot some requests just sat there forever! That seems pretty reasonable and a week is more than enough time to accept requests before it gets erased. Thanks TL!

FrozenTurtle
11-13-13, 03:28 PM
Yes, I understand that, and will keep it in mind going forward. But there was no notice, so I had no reason to expect they would disappear. So I essentially lost 100 mob members without warning.

Sorry there was no notice! :(

Stueeeee
11-13-13, 05:03 PM
This is great news. But when u said a treat for the holiday I was hoping for level cap update :-(

myferngardens
11-13-13, 05:35 PM
Thank you for listening! How about a gem spend confirm button?

aimeeq
11-14-13, 04:18 PM
Can we get some way to know when someone last played to make it easy to weed out people no longer playing? Or a "deactivate account" option when people stop playing?

lildvl91
11-15-13, 06:04 AM
Is this pending invite expire for all games? If so I am so glad. After all if someone ask to be a neighbor it shouldn't take them that long to accept. Ty TL

kooky panda
11-15-13, 06:06 AM
Is this pending invite expire for all games? If so I am so glad. After all if someone ask to be a neighbor it shouldn't take them that long to accept. Ty TL
Yes this should be for all games.

lildvl91
11-15-13, 06:41 AM
Oh yay! I'm glad I was hating having so many pending.. It is a nice change!

gail66
11-16-13, 03:51 AM
������WELL DONE yippeeeee finally after 3years you've cleared pending neighbours ��MASSIVE THANKYOU �� teamlava

dalula
11-16-13, 11:07 PM
What a nice surprise! I had hundreds of invites from others to be my neighbor and I didn't want to accept or decline :p

honeyboobookid
11-17-13, 11:00 AM
I am so happy to have my year old pending invites erased.7 days is long enough to accept you're invite,if it takes that long to accept someone's invite you are probably not a good nbor to have.Thanks team lava keep up the good work

bBugatti2831bcat
11-19-13, 06:56 AM
I am so HAPPY that this issue has been addressed and pending invites will disappear. After all they tend to be people that enter the game, ask to be invited and then leave the game. Thanks so much!

pnkrosebud
11-20-13, 02:39 PM
I am glad they finally did this after emailing them that i had several pending invites that was never accepted for MONTHS. Now only they can make gifts in your gifts box sent by neighbors expire. There are some gifts that are not useable and i'd like to get rid of them. TL should consider expiring gifts ;) or at least give us the option to delete them

jhehlah
11-28-13, 01:37 AM
it is cool! lol i even sent email few months ago to tl on how to removed those pending invites...and they replied me that featured is not added yet...but then wow...just read this...glad finally done it...i hate those who asked to add them but then will not accept the invites grrr so great job though tl...

sweetypies97
11-29-13, 04:35 AM
Yay, thank you!

gfp60
12-01-13, 12:44 AM
this is great--thank you! what about a block feature? is that on the horizon? there are a lot of trolls on bs!

tame14
12-04-13, 06:57 AM
:cool:Cool:cool:

yumyummi8
12-05-13, 12:19 AM
This is great news. Thanks TL. :)

nadinecross
12-07-13, 04:57 PM
Now how about fixing the problem of getting tossed back to page 1 after deleting a comment or removing a mobbie on iMobs?

artese
12-27-13, 11:26 PM
Yay! BIG BIG BIG Thank you for this feature.

unrrom
01-08-14, 03:11 AM
I disappointed. What if Im on vacation month or even two weeks? Or reversed situation? If you doing such useless things, plz change period at least month, plz. Also recently we can.t see invited player already or not - I саn send invites 5 times in a row and it says "invite sent" instead of " you already invited player to....".

bobbyrae
01-08-14, 09:54 AM
I disappointed. What if Im on vacation month or even two weeks? Or reversed situation? If you doing such useless things, plz change period at least month, plz..

my dear, this is not a useless thing at all. This is something that has been requested over and over again by players, I suspect, from as far back as the game has been in existence! I am quite happy that this has been implmented. As there is never a shortage of players needing neighbours, I do not see why your going on vacation for a month and missing out on a few invitations will be a problem. If you need neighbours when you get back, you only have to come to the forum and go to whatever current "ADD ME" thread that there is. You will be able to pick, choose and refuse from the list.

nightshine7
01-19-14, 03:25 PM
Appreciate added potential neighbors dropping off if they don't respond. Saves a lot of frustration.

Wydchild
02-06-14, 12:16 PM
Kodos finally I had a list a mile long Thanks TeamLava

timmy30274
02-10-14, 11:35 PM
thats good to have invites expire that way i don't have to keep seeing inactive people in the bottom, BUT also add next to our name when last login was.

55lee55
05-04-14, 09:23 AM
I just discovered that if you click on a name and select View Profile it lists the last time the poster was active in the forums. While this doesn't work in game, it helps to see if someone you see here is still active in the forums. Hope this helps a small bit. I came searching to find out what happens to unanswered pending invites and am happy to find my question has already been answered. I joined after TL instituted this change so I never encountered a problem, just curiosity. Thanks TL!

umumum2
07-19-14, 07:27 PM
Oh no! I'll have to retire my sign!

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1337741513765-1.png

LOL you should change the sign to caution: pending invites are not permanent so don't invite your turtle

alphaone1
04-21-15, 11:01 PM
Thank you!!!!

Deadphone69
04-27-15, 08:50 PM
On all my games I max out my clan and horde I never had pend in invites . For one I took the time myself to hunt codes and add them myself I was never one to drop code for I farm that kinda player

adorablerican
03-06-16, 08:12 AM
Mine is still showing for fashion & pet hotel story!

kooky panda
03-06-16, 01:51 PM
Mine is still showing for fashion & pet hotel story!
If your invites are still there after 7 days, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

dbmck1953
07-04-16, 04:53 PM
I still have pending invite that have been on there a long time. I would like them to be gone.

foofoo4umm
07-23-16, 12:30 PM
Did this ever happen? I still have months old pending invites on fashion story that I would very much like to see go away.

davidmarcum
11-16-16, 09:54 PM
I have a few pending invites for a long time. They are not disappearing. Some do not play anymore. Can TL help with this?

kooky panda
11-17-16, 11:17 AM
I have a few pending invites for a long time. They are not disappearing. Some do not play anymore. Can TL help with this?

Please submit a ticket by filling out this form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) so an support agent can check your game.

Mochie37
11-20-16, 01:48 AM
Hi, can someone tell me how can I get back to my old account in zoo story 2 ??

ethan1brothers
11-20-16, 09:40 PM
if you have any other storm 8 game theres a blue s8 in the corner click on it and find the game you might have ot go through the opening tutorial before it connects ....

davidmarcum
11-25-16, 08:25 PM
I have several pending invites, for players that no longer play rs. Can I get them removed? My restaurant name is Steak House. Can storm8 expire them for me? Thanks

Rynetory2
11-25-16, 08:28 PM
I have several pending invites, for players that no longer play rs. Can I get them removed? My restaurant name is Steak House. Can storm8 expire them for me? Thanks

Please follow Kooky's advise to you above by contacting Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). :)

kooky panda
11-30-16, 11:37 AM
Hi, can someone tell me how can I get back to my old account in zoo story 2 ??

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

Please follow instructions on post 1.
If you need help, please Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us)

GinettaZ
02-10-17, 08:32 PM
How is it possible to have a setting so that others cannot send me an invite? I have so many neighbors already, and I get irritated when my game locks up and then crashes when I'm trying to complete a task. It usually does this when I receive something in NEWS that I need to respond to.
If I meet someone I send them my id when I choose to do it.

GinettaZ
02-10-17, 08:36 PM
Also, I don't like the sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google... why can't I just send one here and receive messages since we already have it here.

And I tried to read messages in my inbox and cannot get in.

BakeMeAJolteon
02-22-17, 10:26 AM
I've been holding gifts today... Is there going to be an update today? Not sure if I should hold gifts or just go ahead and visit my neighbors :)

Azul
10-30-17, 10:04 AM
This has not worked for me since shortly after it was implemented. I did see it work for a short while but now I se the lost of people that I invited, who have not accepted/declined, grow longer and longer. These folks all said that they would accept my invitation but suddenly stopped playing so although I have asked them to Accept/Decline, they obviously are not there so they can't do it. I would greatly appreciate it if this feature would be fixed so it works again.

Rynetory2
10-31-17, 02:11 AM
You can try contacting Support: support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and see if they are able to help.

whatthefarmm
04-27-18, 09:08 AM
No at this time there is not an option to delete pending invite

Before sending invite you may want to chat with the person first
To make sure they really want to be NBRS before sending an invite

Has this function been added yet? I have 2 pending invites which are now inactive players, and I know this counts towards friend total. Can the invites be deleted?

kooky panda
04-27-18, 10:17 AM
Has this function been added yet? I have 2 pending invites which are now inactive players, and I know this counts towards friend total. Can the invites be deleted?
Checking on this.

mauidream54
04-28-18, 10:37 AM
Is there any plan in the future for deleting pending friend requests? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I play Bakery & Restaurant Story....Old Pending neighbor requests from over a year ago..they used to just expire but not anymore.....

kooky panda
04-30-18, 12:39 PM
Pending invites should expire after 7 days. How long has it been since you sent these out?

TwixAndScones
05-01-18, 06:56 PM
Even if you talk to them, which i don't do - i just send the invite and be done unless it wrong. i send the invite (get a other person) i say that it wrong, but they never give the correct ID (same with the other people on there wall) they say it 2.

But i have invite from my list from almost 2 year ago. They clear at time but when it happen again it stay for LONG time.

But some also go after a week of pending.

kooky panda
05-03-18, 09:41 AM
Even if you talk to them, which i don't do - i just send the invite and be done unless it wrong. i send the invite (get a other person) i say that it wrong, but they never give the correct ID (same with the other people on there wall) they say it 2.

But i have invite from my list from almost 2 year ago. They clear at time but when it happen again it stay for LONG time.

But some also go after a week of pending.

The team is currently looking into the pending invite feature.

icysnowz
05-24-18, 05:25 AM
I play restaurant story.. i still have pending invites sent out from like 2 years ago.. some do disappear after 7 days but some dont.. not sure why it doesnt apply to all

Has this feature been implemented? Can support help?

Rynetory2
05-24-18, 08:34 AM
I play restaurant story.. i still have pending invites sent out from like 2 years ago.. some do disappear after 7 days but some dont.. not sure why it doesnt apply to all

Has this feature been implemented? Can support help?

This has been reported earlier. They are aware of it. Please hold for them to resolve it for us. I've flagged over your case. Thanks.

Azul
08-25-18, 12:51 PM
Yes this should be for all games.

It now is not working in BS and RS, the pending invites list is now growing larger and larger.

Rynetory2
08-27-18, 05:28 AM
This has been reported.

rita6834
08-30-18, 04:34 AM
It's not working in fashion story either.

Rynetory2
08-30-18, 08:02 AM
I've flagged this over as well. Thanks.

rita6834
08-31-18, 10:01 AM
I've flagged this over as well. Thanks.

Thank you

lovelylaurie
09-24-18, 01:06 PM
I have a pending that not only won?t go away but it keeps popping up on my friend list and when I try to delete it it comes back after a few hours how do I get ride of them they are not playing and have a photo of themselves as avatar never saw that before it?s on Bakery Story

myroute66
09-24-18, 05:53 PM
Thank you! So happy to see them go. Some pending invites aren’t playing anymore. I have pending in three stores that been sitting there too long.

Luvtips
09-28-18, 12:58 PM
Lol this sign is the greatest lol 😉😂🤣😂

myroute66
10-02-18, 02:40 AM
Hey everyone, we know you have been asking for this for quite some time and we have an early Holiday treat for you all! Beginning today, you will notice some of your older Pending Invite Requests disappearing. This is because we have set all your existing Pending Invites to begin expiring. This will affect all games which currently have the Neighbor feature.

Additionally, any future invites after we added this feature will have a timer of only 7 days. You won't see any visible countdown, but they will automatically be removed from your list once they expire. We hope you all will enjoy this new feature.

As always, please report any issues you may encounter immediately. Enjoy! :)

This thread was started on 2013, does it still apply? I?ve had invite pending longer then 7 days on FS,RS and BS. Thank you 🙏🏻

kooky panda
10-02-18, 10:17 AM
This thread was started on 2013, does it still apply? I?ve had invite pending longer then 7 days on FS,RS and BS. Thank you 
The team is still looking into this.

icysnowz
10-12-18, 06:31 PM
So this problem is still not fixed? I've been reporting and waiting for years now.

Answers like "this has been reported" and "still looking into this" are really getting old.

myroute66
10-16-18, 06:10 PM
So this problem is still not fixed? I've been reporting and waiting for years now.

Answers like "this has been reported" and "still looking into this" are really getting old.

I got “the team is still looking into this “ lol

mauidream54
11-11-18, 10:00 AM
Come on! Pending neighbors STILL haven’t expired...nor are these neighbors still active....so make this happen already��

insipidis
11-21-18, 09:33 AM
I know I'm late... but has this feature even been added?

Vicki722
01-25-19, 08:25 AM
Old invites??? What's up

lynnelea
04-18-19, 10:32 AM
Doesn?t work for me! I have invited someone since several months now & invitation is still there 😞

Pvmcneal
05-20-19, 04:53 PM
My invites are still showing no expiring.

styx8108
05-29-19, 05:53 PM
Hi! Support send me on this side...Anything will be different if i share here my problem? I dont have chance to see videos for gems. And support absolute not interested! I was waiting 6 days for a 0 answer, they send me here and close the problem. What is this? I have to upgrade the game? Rly? Its upgraded already, we live in 21th century! I cant believe...in 2019 noone cares for game problems in a very easy, low graphic game...dont have 5 minutes to fix problems? I see was the same problems in 2013...till today noone have time for fixing? And have u got face putting gems on payment? I cant believe someone will spend money into this game, if noone can fix any problem. Today i buy a package, and tomorrow my account will be on 1 lvl? Pfff...

Rynetory2
05-29-19, 08:52 PM
Please post in the respective game forums. Thanks.
https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?201-Social-Casual-and-Social-Arcade

BXWC6SJ
06-10-19, 04:43 PM
I have been trying to send a friend request and lives in hungry babies mania and keep getting the message "You have requested all lives for today" I want to invite friends and request lives!

silgeo
01-28-20, 10:01 PM
Can someone please tell me where the blackout room is on clue bingo

winsawbran
02-14-20, 08:40 PM
Hello, does this include Fashion Story? I have 2 pending invites since last year. Thank you

devonshantel1
02-14-20, 11:10 PM
Am having issues with the farmers market and i don?t know where to get help from

Vivienne141997
07-29-21, 07:23 AM
Thanks in advance

wmbmm
08-19-21, 02:39 AM
Please update my levels as at 19/8/21, thank you
in my new Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet

Sherlyagustine998
09-18-21, 03:01 AM
What the time features for pending invite will disappear on 7 days will added on bakery story

SpiritWind00
09-18-21, 05:51 PM
What the time features for pending invite will disappear on 7 days will added on bakery story
Post 1 of this thread says pending invites expire after 7 days. If this has not happened for you please contact Support for assistance. Give it a couple more days if you've already waited 7.
S8 Support: Click here to contact S8 Support (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)

Your other posts on this issue have been removed as they are duplicates and not necessary.

SpiritWind00
09-23-21, 03:00 AM
I'll check on this feature for Bakery Story and come back to you. :)

How long has it been since you sent out an invite you're waiting on knowing about??

EDIT: Thanks for the info below. Will see what I can find out.

Sherlyagustine998
09-23-21, 08:49 PM
Last year 😀 i found their id on community when i try to added them they already quit from game

SpiritWind00
09-24-21, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately this feature is not currently available. Pending invites will no longer expire.

Sherlyagustine998
09-24-21, 07:09 PM
When i started play this game pending invites never expired can you help for contact storm8 development maybe for Made this feature available because this it will be a quality improvement if this feature is available thank you.

SpiritWind00
09-24-21, 10:55 PM
Unfortunately this feature is not currently available. Pending invites will no longer expire.

When i started play this game pending invites never expired can you help for contact storm8 development maybe for Made this feature available because this it will be a quality improvement if this feature is available thank you.
The information in my reply to you (included above) is from Storm8. When and if this feature becomes available again, we will post here. Till then, any pending invite will not expire. Thanks.