PDA

View Full Version : Getting more money

DSC17
11-12-13, 11:33 AM
I run out of food so fast in bakery story how do I keep it from going so fast

dllrlw14
11-14-13, 07:30 AM
I have been playing this game for over 2 years and noticed that in the past couple of weeks food has been selling much faster than normal. If you get low on food you can move an item such as a chair, table, or decoration in front of your door to keep customers out until you are able to fill your counters up again.

sharpguy32
11-14-13, 10:00 PM
They still eat food with a chair against the door, unless you leave the game running (screen not in sleep mode). For me at least, that trick only works while you are actively in the game and playing it. As far as I know, the door trick just keeps your satisfaction rating from dropping while you're cooking and actively playing. When you come back, it still says your earned x amount of coins while away. Those coins were earned from the food on your counters getting eaten up (even with door blocked). Only pointing that out because for a while, I didn't realize that. The customers still eat once your screen goes to sleep or you exit the game.

I tell you what though, once you hit level 29, just make Jasmine Tea, best exp and profit per hour for me (even at lvl 48 still for me). I wasn't really trying to stock up the counter, was trying to get some quick experience. After a few hours, I somehow had 125,000 teas on my counter. I haven't made any more in almost 3 days and I still have 86,000 sitting there. So in meantime, I'm making the 22 hour recipes of Red Velvet Cake (best Income per serving - 12 coins per plate) since I don't have to worry about food running out. Even though they take a full day to cook, i'm still making money while they cook.

Vegepet
11-15-13, 10:22 PM
I'm a total newbie at this game, started a short while ago, but doing brownies was annoying when my phone( using android)'s screen kept turning off while they were baking. Now I use an app to keep it on.

Many will let you keep it on for a preset time (for example, you say you want it up for the next 5 minutes, or the next 15 hours, etc) or toggle it on and off. The one I use, AnyScreenTimeout, also lets me keep it on always only when plugged in, which I like because I usually play at home in one of two rooms, and both have chargers.

---

Ok the above was basically the only thing of value I say in the post. TLDR for the below: These forums are great and there is a lot of gameplay stuff I could never have predicted.

At first this app caused me trouble, because I didn't realize that opening the decorations menu, looking at your messages, etc stops customers from entering. I've done something else, with my message wall open (for hours), then picked up my phone and realized I was getting zero income all that time. Oops. Maybe info about these things is in the tutorial? (I closed the game during it and it won't let me restart that.) If not, the game devs might want to add it to the help/faq ingame. Casual new players do best if they can read more "rules of the game" without leaving the game (eg wikis, forums, fansites).

Also I love these forums, I just started reading but I had no idea that people love this hobby so much they did all this number crunching, theorycrafting, spreadsheet creating, etc etc so the rest of us don't have to be in the dark or do the work ourselves! And there are so many people who are both knowledgeable and willing to post individual replies to questions. That's very generous of their time.

This thread is a great example. It never occurred to me that letting customers through the door and blocking them from eating made them sad, but blocking them from the door itself did not affect them! This made me realize people probably posted about this before, so I did some searching. Some people say to not worry about your heart rating because it will go up so quickly it doesn't matter, some give tips on how to make food last longer whether or not you block the door part of the time, some point out the game is not designed to have doors blocked so the server sometimes deletes all your food when the door opens without giving you gold...

This is a much more deep and complex topic than I expected o.O

sharpguy32
11-15-13, 10:45 PM
@Vegepet - Interesting about an app that keeps the phone awake. Never thought about looking for one. I have Gingerbread (2.3.4), not sure if this option is in the newer ones (Jellybean 4.0 +). The way I keep my phone awake is under Settings, Application, Development. There is a checkbox "Stay Awake" (Screen will never sleep while charging). Under Display, I still leave the time Screen Timeout at 30 seconds. At 30 seconds, the screen will get a little dim, but you can still see whats going on. And if you want to force it to sleep, just tap the power button while that Stay Awake box is checked and it will.

There is a downside to keep your game awake (at least for me). When your food is done (or any other action that appears in notification bar), it doesn't say it on the notification bar, instead it appears as a toast message (message in a bubble on screen). So unless you're staring at the phone, you wont get your usual sound notification when something happens.

Be sure to read Restaurant story forums too, even if you're not playing that one. A lot of tips on there also apply to Bakery :) Hope you're having fun, happy baking!