PDA

View Full Version : Removing halloween items

traellen
11-12-13, 10:39 AM
There was a message today that all halloween items will be removed on Nov. 15th. I assume that includes tables, wallpaper etc? Will these items be back next halloween? I'm not referring to the stuff that we unlocked, but just the regular halloween decor items.

myferngardens
11-12-13, 12:21 PM
I didn't get any such message. Interesting. Different than last year.

CuteTali
11-12-13, 12:37 PM
Hey, here is this thread with more info about the same question, hope this helps:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61221-Halloween-removal-November-15

traellen
11-12-13, 01:44 PM
Hey, here is this thread with more info about the same question, hope this helps:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61221-Halloween-removal-November-15

It's not really the same question. I'm asking if the decor will be back next year. I didn't see any reference to that in that thread.

CuteTali
11-12-13, 02:47 PM
They sometimes bring some of the decor back, not all, but sometimes not. I wouldn't rely on it, if there's something you really like, I wouldn't wait.

kooky panda
11-12-13, 03:22 PM
There was a message today that all halloween items will be removed on Nov. 15th. I assume that includes tables, wallpaper etc? Will these items be back next halloween? I'm not referring to the stuff that we unlocked, but just the regular halloween decor items.

There is never any advanced information given for the next year. Sometimes TL has brought back past items, but most years new holiday content is released.

traellen
11-12-13, 03:57 PM
There is never any advanced information given for the next year. Sometimes TL has brought back past items, but most years new holiday content is released.

So if you wanted to decorate with a wallpaper or tile but you expand afterwards, you're out of luck?

kooky panda
11-12-13, 06:11 PM
So if you wanted to decorate with a wallpaper or tile but you expand afterwards, you're out of luck?
Yes that can happen. On holiday items like walls and floors I normally buy extra ones to keep in my storage for cases like this.

traellen
11-12-13, 06:40 PM
Yes that can happen. On holiday items like walls and floors I normally buy extra ones to keep in my storage for cases like this.

But you... can't buy extra walls or floors lol. That's kind of my point. You're limited by the size you're currently at. You can't buy more than you have spaces on your wall or floor. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know.

kvoeller
11-12-13, 07:36 PM
But you... can't buy extra walls or floors lol. That's kind of my point. You're limited by the size you're currently at. You can't buy more than you have spaces on your wall or floor. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know.

Well, the nice part about the floor tiles and wallpaper is that once you place one, if you don't have that same wallpaper on the next wall you are offered the option to tap again to buy. So I've bought all the tables and floor and wall decor items I want to have, but just one of each of the wallpaper and floor tiles. If you already have your bakery walls covered in, let's say, the flying bats wallpaper and you expand and want to buy more, you can cover one of the bats wallpaper with something else, then place the flying bats paper again and keep tapping to fill the recently expanded walls.

myferngardens
11-13-13, 05:36 AM
Well, the nice part about the floor tiles and wallpaper is that once you place one, if you don't have that same wallpaper on the next wall you are offered the option to tap again to buy. So I've bought all the tables and floor and wall decor items I want to have, but just one of each of the wallpaper and floor tiles. If you already have your bakery walls covered in, let's say, the flying bats wallpaper and you expand and want to buy more, you can cover one of the bats wallpaper with something else, then place the flying bats paper again and keep tapping to fill the recently expanded walls.

I can't do that. I am on android. Are you ios?

kvoeller
11-13-13, 08:15 AM
I am. Sorry I thought all users could. :(

kooky panda
11-13-13, 11:53 AM
You are right sorry, I was thinking of chairs and tables.
As kvoeller stated if you pull your wallpaper out and place it, say you have 9, then you can continue to buy more.

I am with Kvoeller, I was not aware that androids do not have this option.

Lokichan13
11-13-13, 07:00 PM
I am so confused, sorry I started a couple days before Halloween.

There are things in the design menu that are themed such as celebration cupakes display (which is obviously 4th of July themed, stars and ******s rockets, mothers flowers boquets, Ice Tables (Christmas) Valentines tables...All of these are holiday stuff thats considered decor so...how is ALL the halloween stuff leaving? I mean is it just jackolantern counters and mystery boxes we are talking about or are we talking anything that could be interpreted as halloweenish like Witches Supplies or the Cemetery Gate I mean you don't have to be Halloween to be Goth > or Pagan.
Is anything staying? I just don't know what to buy because some stuff must be staying if there are pastel mystery boxes with Easter stuff why wouldn't there be some darker stuff staying too? It makes no sense.

I second the idea from Restaurant Story Thread of an Itemized List. Almost every other game does this with limited time content!

kvoeller
11-13-13, 07:27 PM
You are right sorry, I was thinking of chairs and tables.
As kvoeller stated if you pull your wallpaper out and place it, say you have 9, then you can continue to buy more.

I am with Kvoeller, I was not aware that androids do not have this option.
I was really surprised to learn android didn't have this option. I feel bad because I have recommended this to others in the past :(. You know what else is weird? I don't think Fashion Story lets you buy wallpaper and floor tiles like that either.

nky1111
11-13-13, 08:09 PM
version 1.0 on android does. but just tiles, not walls...

minidemon88
11-14-13, 02:08 AM
I was really surprised to learn android didn't have this option. I feel bad because I have recommended this to others in the past :(. You know what else is weird? I don't think Fashion Story lets you buy wallpaper and floor tiles like that either.

Yup, fashion story can't do that special magic. They don't even have the turbo tips collecting like the one in bs/rs. Bummer! :(

CuteTali
11-14-13, 07:16 AM
Yup, fashion story can't do that special magic. They don't even have the turbo tips collecting like the one in bs/rs. Bummer! :(

What's a turbo tip collector? First time I hear of this.

minidemon88
11-14-13, 10:14 AM
What's a turbo tip collector? First time I hear of this.

Collecting tips used to be much slower in bs and rs back then. Just like the way how you collect likes in fashion story now, it's just so slow. Then they updated the version and we are able to collect the tips in a much faster way. Though I can't remember when they implemented this feature. Beginning last year? Or late 2011? @__@

nky1111
11-14-13, 11:31 AM
is it when you tap all the tips and then tap the "social" button and they all are immediately collected?
quite useful in pet shop, in bs/rs/fs the tips are worthless so i don't even know if it works.

OKJOoi
11-14-13, 07:07 PM
is it when you tap all the tips and then tap the "social" button and they all are immediately collected?
quite useful in pet shop, in bs/rs/fs the tips are worthless so i don't even know if it works.

Yea that's the only fastest way to collect all the tips at once and KACHING(louder than usually) !:cool:

CuteTali
11-14-13, 10:12 PM
Oh ohay, I know what you guys are referring to now. I do like this feature, tipping and collecting tips in general is sooo time consuming, it's the only thing that makes me not want to open the games on some days, takes hours tipping everyone back on all games.

OnCloudDivine
11-14-13, 10:21 PM
Soooo, back to the removal of Halloween content topic :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had the nightmares that they removed more than the Halloween content? Just me?

maguar
11-15-13, 01:07 AM
I have it confirmed that it will be decorations and recipes that get removed. Unfortunately I don't have a list of the specifics :(

traellen
11-15-13, 08:12 AM

Well that'll teach me to post a question and then not read the answer :-) I bought a bunch of wallpapers lol. I have the buy again option (I'm on ios) but I didn't realize it would still work after the item was removed. Good to know.

rsqbetty
11-15-13, 11:08 AM
I don't recall there being Halloween recipes other than on the new oven and drink machine. Was there anything added to the basic oven?

ginrae22
11-15-13, 11:13 AM
I don't recall there being Halloween recipes other than on the new oven and drink machine. Was there anything added to the basic oven?

Nope. WE haven't had new recipes added to the regular oven in goodness knows how long! Wish they would though...so we won't be missing any Halloween recipes from it.

kvoeller
11-15-13, 10:44 PM
Well that'll teach me to post a question and then not read the answer :-) I bought a bunch of wallpapers lol. I have the buy again option (I'm on ios) but I didn't realize it would still work after the item was removed. Good to know.
I've never actually tried it because I haven't been playing long enough for anything to be removed so I went ahead and tested it with the bats wallpaper just now and it worked! I went ahead and bought one of every wallpaper and floor tile for coins in case someday I am redecorating and I need them.

minidemon88
11-16-13, 01:20 AM
Oh ohay, I know what you guys are referring to now. I do like this feature, tipping and collecting tips in general is sooo time consuming, it's the only thing that makes me not want to open the games on some days, takes hours tipping everyone back on all games.

Yup, that's what I'm referring to. Tipping/collecting tips and buying wallpaper/floor tile are such a breeze with the turbo speed feature. I'm so glad when they implemented this feature back then. Will be awesome if we can have this feature in fashion story too. XD

@OnCloudDivine: Me me! I just did a rough check, I think this time round they just mainly removed Halloween items only. Not sure if there's anything more been remove or not. Hmmm~

PforE
11-16-13, 03:20 AM
Well guys i think they removed recipes from all the halloween ovens because i tried today on the 16th and i dont have anything to cook on those appliances :-(

Leire22
11-16-13, 05:57 AM
I am really angry as Idid not ever got any such notice in game about removing halloween content. I am really angry, if I know it in time I would buy some more things. I cant believe that. In TL games generally not showing up well noticing windows. Same in dragon story and is no helping even restart iphone.

Leire22
11-16-13, 06:00 AM
I never seen in history of this game and I play it 3 years, first on ipad now oniphone - that would be removed recipes. This is extremly unfair and I dont agree.

freesiawoods
11-16-13, 06:16 AM
Yes I am totally flabbergasted by this move to remove recipes from constructible goal appliances. Ample warning should be given with specifics detailed. The appliances we worked so hard to unlock and spent coins to purchase are now useless. It really is a rude slap in the face of all players.

happyheartfla
11-16-13, 07:32 AM
WHERE ARE MY RECIPES!!!! I totally understand removing decorative items that are seasonal, and not allowing additional purchases of the seasonal appliances, BUT where are the recipes that I have already earned??? I spent money and time completing the goals and playing by the rules, only to have TL render my seasonal ovens USELESS!! If I met your requirements to receive the appliances and recipes, I should be able to use them whenever I want! Why do you care if I want to serve Frankenstien cupcakes in July??!! GIVE THEM BACK!!

myferngardens
11-16-13, 12:21 PM
Yes I am totally flabbergasted by this move to remove recipes from constructible goal appliances. Ample warning should be given with specifics detailed. The appliances we worked so hard to unlock and spent coins to purchase are now useless. It really is a rude slap in the face of all players.

Totally agree! Dont forget all the time and effort needed to collect parts and build! What a waste. I won't let this go.

myferngardens
11-16-13, 12:23 PM

Totally agree! Dont forget all the time and effort needed to collect parts and build! What a waste. I won't let this go.

maguar
11-16-13, 03:19 PM
Just letting you know that this has been reported and we'll let you know when we get a response.

goofy42
11-16-13, 04:00 PM
I agree with all the comments regarding the total lack of customer appreciation on the part of TL. We all paid coins for these holiday ovens. They were not 'given' to us as gifts. All of the recipes offered on them should remain available. What if our little game diners have a craving for Spectral Cupcakes or Midnight Milkshakes? Who are we to tell them 'Sorry, folks, we cannot serve these items anymore. Halloween is over."? All joking aside, it really is quite odd that recipes which should be offered on appliances that should still be able to be used are now unavailable? Is TL going to reimburse the players who bought these Halloween appliances and return the coins that were spent? As for me, I have quite a few of each of the Halloween appliances, and now, they are useless. It would really be a good idea to return these recipes to the game, or pay the players back for the now useless machines.

kooky panda
11-16-13, 04:22 PM
This issue was reported over late last night. It is the weekend with limited TL staff on so we are still waiting on some news.

Closing this thread to avoid any false rumors or incorrect information being spread around.

If you are missing the recipes you can keep track of any updates on the current thread here. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61475-Recipes-disappeared&p=782655&viewfull=1#post782655)