PDA

View Full Version : the shovel drop rate decreased dramatically

fantik
11-12-13, 12:10 AM
With this new ash tree update the shovel drop rate has decreased dramatically. I used to get shovels quite regularly (about as often as expansion permits) and it was so much fun to go mining at once and dig up valuable stuff.
For my last hundred deliveries I received lots of expansion permits, about 10 saws and...zero shovels. The mine doesn't work anymore. There is no use in jeweler and forge. The game is much much less fun. And these saws are just useless. Am I the only one who is dissatisfied with the ash trees? You pay 150, you wait for a day, then waste your saw...just to get 2 pieces of wood. It's just not worth it, and it is certainly not fun.

Team lava, it was such a great game! Please don't spoil it. In my opinion, the mine is one of the best features. Please don't shut it down like that.

sanya87
11-12-13, 02:08 AM
I still get axes and occasionally shovels from my deliveries, plus more saws. Its not all the time of course, but for me its the same as before. I am really sorry you dont get any tools for the mine, dont know what may be the reason. Hope you will start to get them very soon!

sunkalito
11-12-13, 06:40 AM
I only get pickaxes! Haven't gotten a single shovel in weeks.

jukester2
11-12-13, 10:23 AM
There is no use in jeweler and forge.

Hmmm, what do you mean by there being no use in the forge? I just saved and saved and saved to buy it (and am now waiting for it to unwrap) because I hoped it would help me craft a bunch of shovels to clear the land. I also saved many pieces of wood and iron which I saw in another post are necessary to make shovels. Did I embark upon the wrong strategy?

Also, anyone know how long it takes to craft a shovel? I'm assuming several hours, and in a day will know for sure, but figured I'd ask anyway.

fantik
11-12-13, 12:41 PM
Hmmm, what do you mean by there being no use in the forge? I just saved and saved and saved to buy it (and am now waiting for it to unwrap) because I hoped it would help me craft a bunch of shovels to clear the land. I also saved many pieces of wood and iron which I saw in another post are necessary to make shovels. Did I embark upon the wrong strategy?

I mean that I'm out of iron. I was just about to buy the forge, but being without iron for so long I realized it would be completely useless for me. If you have lots of it, you probably won't have that problem.

Uncopyrighted
11-12-13, 04:27 PM
Also, anyone know how long it takes to craft a shovel?

Crafting a shovel in the forge takes 8 hours, 1 iron, and 1 wood plank. Iron and wood planks are not incredibly difficult to find in the newspaper, so you can find he materials you need that way.

Pro Tip: If you ever see Stormie selling something in the newspaper that you want then you should buy it, visit his farm, then check out his farm stand. Unless you were unfortunate enough to just miss the refresh cycle, you'll find another one for sale.

nicxole
11-12-13, 10:08 PM
When they updated it originally, I got 4 shovels that week, but now its been 2-3 weeks and I haven't gotten any ): I like this game but I'm pretty burnt out. I can't clear land, it takes forever to expand, I feel like I can't afford anything.

jukester2
11-13-13, 10:01 AM
When they updated it originally, I got 4 shovels that week, but now its been 2-3 weeks and I haven't gotten any ): I like this game but I'm pretty burnt out. I can't clear land, it takes forever to expand, I feel like I can't afford anything.

If it's any consolation, I get plenty of pickaxes from deliveries (I believe the rate dramatically increase once I opened the mine) and from those pickaxes have gotten plenty of ore from the mine (I now have 14). I've never sold a wood plank, at least once I realized what they could be used for, so I have 18 of them. The downside to storing these things has been 32 dedicated spaces in my barn, but that's been manageable.

Once my forge is ready in just a little bit, I'll be able to get at least 14 spots cleared on my farm...one every 8 hours apparently.

ginrae22
11-13-13, 10:41 AM
If you were getting them regularly before the update you were lucky. I've said it in so many threads but I haven't seen a shovel for sale or gotten one as a drop in MONTHS. Sorry that it seems to have been affected in your case now. Actually I haven't been getting really anything as far as drops except the VERY occasional land deed. What I mean is the only reason I have pick axes and the other items are because I bought them whenever I spotted them in the newspaper but I have literally never ever seen a shovel in there lol. So I'm right there with you, have been for a while. I hope they fix that asap.

mcgee22
11-14-13, 08:23 AM
I have not seen a shovel in weeks either! And what happened to the expansion permit? Do they put a cap on what drops over time? It is ridiculous I cannot do anything because I need shovels to remove things that can give me nails so I can upgrade barn, etc. really frustrating!