PDA

View Full Version : Halloween removal/ November 15

igames4me
11-11-13, 01:45 PM
So got pop up in rs about Halloween decor removal does that count recipes too?

What about all the other games is November 15 the last day for fashion story (catalogs) and bakery story

Thanks

CuteTali
11-12-13, 12:05 AM
I didnt get any such pop up. I'm also interested to know what all is getting taken away and from which games.

I think that a small red tag that states the number of days left on each item would be very helpful, something like the red tag we get telling us how many days are left on an LTO.

carabellexo
11-12-13, 12:25 AM
I didnt get any such pop up. I'm also interested to know what all is getting taken away and from which games.

I think that a small red tag that states the number of days left on each item would be very helpful, something like the red tag we get telling us how many days are left on an LTO.

I didn't get a pop up about the halloween decor being removed but it does say how long we have left for an LTO.

maguar
11-12-13, 03:07 AM
I've got the popup in RS. I've asked if other games will be going around the same time. I'll let you know what I hear.

juxtaposition
11-12-13, 04:02 AM
I've had a notice on Bakery and Fashion too... all we need to know is if this covers recipes/catalogues. I am guessing mystery boxes and any decor is a given.

Major sucky for the likes of me trying to create a Halloween themed restaurant and bakery... I won't be drawn into panic buying gems though.

creolepraline
11-12-13, 04:11 AM
Saw this yesterday too. Haven't ordered fashion in a couple weeks. So getting all gems will be out of the question for me. Same as last year. All I'll do is buy some decor and make sure I have some nice stuff for next year. Halloween for fashion tanked anyways. Bring on the Xmas and Black Friday stuff!

ddragun
11-12-13, 05:30 AM
I got the pop-up in both Fashion Story & Pet Shop Story about Nov 15th deadline, said "ok", closed it and then realized I, too, had more questions. And I've reset the games a number of times & can't get the popup back again. So I come to the forums, like I have with other online games for almost 2 decades & get NOTHING.

jbgarza09
11-12-13, 08:35 AM
I hope its just the d?cor and give us more time for recipes and catalogs...

juxtaposition
11-12-13, 10:33 AM
Any word on recipes and catalogues, please?

meme1098
11-12-13, 11:10 AM
As long as you have the appliance, you should be able to access the recipes associated with it. Example: stove & oven from last years Halloween were available to me but only the ones I had (I couldn't buy more once put out in the restaurant.) so...I was able to cook those recipes on those appliances even though the appliances were removed from availability.

Trixie6969
11-12-13, 12:08 PM
Got the pop up on BS & Fashion, so I assume it's for all games.

If putting timers on discontinued items is too complicated, could we get a list of recipes/decor leaving as it would be extremely helpful. There are recipes/items which are Autumn/Fall themed like Autumn Cookie display, Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Porridge etc... which could possibly fall into the Halloween theme since they were released just prior or around the same time.

I still have some recipes on "regular" appliances that need to be completed & need to know if I have to switch out Thanksgiving appliances to get them done. I have completed the obvious Halloween (spider, devil, etc..) recipes but the soup ( which has a cat in the middle of the bowl), porridge, candy corn cupcakes, etc..I am questioning.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is once you have a specialty appliance like the Witch's Stove you can continue cooking year round, right?

CuteTali
11-12-13, 12:30 PM
Just saw the pop ups today on all my games, I'm guessing they're taking off all halloween content to make room for all the holiday items we're gonna get. Halloween theme isn't my favorite in decor, but I still buy stuff just to switch things out for the season. So excited to see what's all in store for us this year for the holidays.

meme1098
11-12-13, 12:57 PM
Got the pop up on BS & Fashion, so I assume it's for all games.

I still have some recipes on "regular" appliances that need to be completed & need to know if I have to switch out Thanksgiving appliances to get them done. I have completed the obvious Halloween (spider, devil, etc..) recipes but the soup ( which has a cat in the middle of the bowl), porridge, candy corn cupcakes, etc..I am questioning.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is once you have a specialty appliance like the Witch's Stove you can continue cooking year round, right?

I still have the witches stove & monster oven from Halloween 2012 and was able to utilize them by cooking the recipes associated with them.
As for the recipes on 'regular' stove, oven & grill, they should still be accessible as well. I have old goal recipes locked on those appliances I'll never be able to get to because I either wasn't playing then or was to low a player to access them at the time and they weren't removed. They are still there and locked for me.

maguar
11-12-13, 01:48 PM
I still have the witches stove & monster oven from Halloween 2012 and was able to utilize them by cooking the recipes associated with them.
As for the recipes on 'regular' stove, oven & grill, they should still be accessible as well. I have old goal recipes locked on those appliances I'll never be able to get to because I either wasn't playing then or was to low a player to access them at the time and they weren't removed. They are still there and locked for me.

Those locked recipes were goal recipes which do not get removed. I know in January when they removed holiday content that they removed non goal recipes from the regular appliances. So I wouldn't assume that recipes are safe at this stage.

meme1098
11-12-13, 02:45 PM
Thks, Maguar. Guess I better get crackin' on those 'regular' appliances recipes.

kvoeller
11-12-13, 05:20 PM
Yeah I definitely think the Halloween recipes are goners. Check out this thread TinksThots started if you are curious about the removal of holiday content last year: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59070-The-Content-Removal-Debacle-of-2013. And don't count on recipes on specialty appliances being safe either, not after the great candy cane catastrophe in bakery story last year. They might not be removed now, but could definitely be gone in January. Last year players were told that the recipes on constructible appliances would not be removed, but it turned out they weren't any safer than any other recipe.

freesiawoods
11-12-13, 08:37 PM
Ooh that isn't enough time to finish all those lovely recipes! I am still hopeful that the removal only applies to decorations.

kvoeller
11-12-13, 09:01 PM
Ooh that isn't enough time to finish all those lovely recipes! I am still hopeful that the removal only applies to decorations.

Fingers crossed :). I hope so too. But if I were you, I would definitely try to have the ones on the basic oven, grill, and stove mastered by January because if they aren't pulled on Friday, I'm pretty sure they will be then.

saucysammis
11-12-13, 10:21 PM
I am looking through the menus to see if there is ANYTHING I can't live without. Past experience has shown that a few extra "seasonal" and "themed" items unrelated to goals will probably disappear along with the Halloween / Autumn decor.

Remember: decor removal includes tables, chairs, wallpaper and tiles. Recipes disappear from the regular ovens but not the specialty items. .....except those candy canes........ I'm still unhappy about the candy canes. Grrrrr.

minidemon88
11-13-13, 03:17 AM
I'm glad I've mastered all the Halloween recipes on the regular appliances. But given how TL does things, we shall see if they will remove anything that's unrelated to Halloween or not. Hmmm~

freesiawoods
11-13-13, 04:32 AM
Read the pop up again, it says Halloween items will be removed "from the market" so it seems to imply only purchasable items. Of course, it does not say recipes will not be removed but it seems a little too soon to remove them.

Csndy csne, I never got to mske sny since I only got the oven sfter:-(

Lokichan13
11-13-13, 06:06 PM
I am so confused, sorry I started a couple days before Halloween.

There are things in the design menu that are themed such as celebration cupakes display (which is obviously 4th of July themed, stars and ******s rockets, mothers flowers boquets, Ice Tables (Christmas) Valentines tables...All of these are holiday stuff thats considered decor so...how is ALL the halloween stuff leaving? I mean is it just jackolantern counters and mystery boxes we are talking about or are we talking anything that could be interpreted as halloweenish like Witches Supplies or the Cemetery Gate I mean you don't have to be Halloween to be Goth >:( or Pagan.
Is anything staying? I just don't know what to buy because some stuff must be staying if there are pastel mystrey boxes with Easter stuff why wouldn't there be some darker stuff staying too? It makes no sense.

I second the idea of an Itemized List. Almost every other game does this with limited time content!

KittyLucky
11-13-13, 06:20 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong. I take a note & these are recipes from basic appliances, that i thought they're halloween-ish recipes. Stove : pumpkin porridge, devilish eggs, ghost peppers, pumpkin soup. Oven : candy corn cupcakes, mud pudding, pumpkin cheesecake. Grill : handburger. There is one recipe i'm confused it belongs to halloween or not : the caramel apples (on basic stove) ??? Can someone confirm it's halloween or not ??? Because i have not master it yet, along with the handburger recipe :(

FruitLoopsFarms
11-13-13, 06:26 PM
That is the dumbest thing ever. I wish they would keep all the decorations and then add new ones as the holidays come.

KittyLucky
11-13-13, 06:28 PM
And one more thing, can someone tell team lava to put something on the recipe menu once we have master it to 4 mastery ? So we can see it clearly which recipe we have finish mastering it ? Sometimes it's hard for me to see the mastery bar it touches to the finish line of the bar or not. I've read on someone post very early that suggest this, but why team lava doesn't approve it such a useful notification, to all players ? The mastery bar also have the same color grey, so it's really similar that's why it confuses me many times :(

snlps
11-14-13, 06:50 PM
Pumpkin cheesecake is considered a halloween recipe?

kooky panda
11-14-13, 07:41 PM
Read the pop up again, it says Halloween items will be removed "from the market" so it seems to imply only purchasable items. Of course, it does not say recipes will not be removed but it seems a little too soon to remove them.

Csndy cane, I never got to make sny since I only got the oven sfter:-(
I did check and sorry, but the recipes are scheduled to be removed too.
( I do not have a list of items)

sharpguy32
11-14-13, 09:23 PM
I don't believe the Pumpkin Cheesecake (Sept 18) or the Caramel Apples (Sept 25) would be considered Halloween, since they were out before Haloween Goals started, but maybe double check tomorrow.

The Halloween Goals started on Oct 2 (when the Bewitched Oven and Confectioner Lab came out).

This would likely be the list, as these also came out on Oct 2:
Pumpkin Soup (Lvl 63 Stove)
Ghost Peppers (Lvl 9 Stove)
Devlish Eggs (Lvl 9 Stove)
Handburger (Lvl 63 Grill)

Two other possibilities (came out 1-2 weeks later) would be:
Mud Pudding (Oct 9) - Lvl 11 Oven
Candy Corn Cupcakes (Oct 16) - Lvl 11 Oven

Candy Corn Pizza has been on the list since I started (1st week of September), but worth verifying that too, since it sounds 'Halloweenish'.

ginrae22
11-15-13, 10:39 AM
I wish they would just leave them. At least until January. It always feels unfair that they get taken away but now we only get to enjoy/make them for a month or so?! Not cool TL not cool. Definitely sad for my FS and BS. When you say pumpkin cheesecake....could you post a pic of the dish or the recipe if you still have it?? I'm pretty sure I did not get that one. The apples yes I did but the other nope. Still upset that I never got to make the candy corn pizza again either. : /

ginrae22
11-15-13, 10:42 AM
nevermind.. I did have it. I completely forgot about it since it got shoved to the back ( I hate when they do that). And I really really hope they at least leave that one and the candy apples! Those are really autumn recipes...not halloween!

freesiawoods
11-15-13, 08:39 PM
Please give us more time for the recipes on the main appliances! What with the goals we were busy with, there wasn't enough time and a few days' notice is not enough!!!

sharpguy32
11-16-13, 02:57 AM
From what I see, only the Pumpkin Soup (Lvl 63 Soup) and Handburger (Lvl 63 Grill) were the only two recipes removed (from my previous post of possible recipes that might be removed). Everything else still exists (at least on Android) :cool:

sharpguy32
11-16-13, 02:59 AM
Oops, that's Pumpkin Soup (Level 63 Stove, not Soup)

snlps
11-16-13, 07:09 AM
I still have pumpkin soup and handburger available. I'm on iOS.

sharpguy32
11-16-13, 06:58 PM
Yes, I was wrong. I was looking at the back where the Level 63 recipes would be at. Seems like they changed the level to those two to around lvl 9-10 ish. Everything I hypothesized that could be removed. None of them were.

freesiawoods
11-16-13, 11:47 PM
Thanks to the RS team for being so reasonable to not remove recent recipes. And more importantly not to do the ridiculous removal of goal recipes like on BS. RS once again proves to be the more playable and less frustrating game.

Sorillion
11-17-13, 09:10 AM
I understand removing the decorations from the regular version, but i dont understand why they were also removed from the Halloween Edition....?? :( especially since you can still buy last years decorations there...

Was there a mistake? Will they be back in the HE?

nky1111
11-17-13, 02:29 PM
this H.E probably has just 2-3 items like other recent special editions. all other items come and go as usual.
haven't checked 2012 HE yet.. in fashion story they've taken the stuff away even from there...

ginrae22
11-27-13, 10:01 AM
So until a couple of days ago I still had devilish eggs and ghost peppers and now they are gone! I wish they either would have taken them when they warned us they would or just left them permanently. I hate going to make something and finding it gone without any actual notice. Same thing happened in FS.

sharpguy32
11-27-13, 10:51 PM
So until a couple of days ago I still had devilish eggs and ghost peppers and now they are gone! I wish they either would have taken them when they warned us they would or just left them permanently. I hate going to make something and finding it gone without any actual notice. Same thing happened in FS.

I still have Ghost Peppers and Devlish eggs on the Android version of Halloween Story. I also have Thanksgiving version installed as well, but that does not show those two recipes. Halloween version does not show the new Gobble Up Cupcakes nor the Bacon Roasted Turkey (both oven), but does show on Thanksgiving version. I suspect you are running the Thanksgiving version. If you want to make some Ghost Peppers or Devlish eggs, then go to play store and reinstall the Halloween version. By the way, you CAN have two or more versions of Restaurant story installed at same time without conflicts. Just tap your Halloween icon to make those two recipes, tap the Thankgiving version (or regular version) if you aren't interested in making Ghost Peppers or Devlish eggs at that time.

Not sure how that works on IoS.

minidemon88
11-28-13, 10:55 AM
I still have Ghost Peppers and Devlish eggs on the Android version of Halloween Story. I also have Thanksgiving version installed as well, but that does not show those two recipes. Halloween version does not show the new Gobble Up Cupcakes nor the Bacon Roasted Turkey (both oven), but does show on Thanksgiving version. I suspect you are running the Thanksgiving version. If you want to make some Ghost Peppers or Devlish eggs, then go to play store and reinstall the Halloween version. By the way, you CAN have two or more versions of Restaurant story installed at same time without conflicts. Just tap your Halloween icon to make those two recipes, tap the Thankgiving version (or regular version) if you aren't interested in making Ghost Peppers or Devlish eggs at that time.

Not sure how that works on IoS.

Only work for android. For ios player, once a item/recipe got removed it's gone forever. Downloading past seasonal apps doesn't work anymore since it's no longer supported now. :(