PDA

View Full Version : A Good Time to Delete INs

bowlfullofcherries
11-11-13, 06:06 AM
Or inactive neighbors. With all the updates I thought it'd be prime time to let go of my neighbors who are no longer playing. Of course, generally it's hard to tell, but now the glimmer gate is available, thanksgiving cows and turkey are around and I figure it should be easier to spot non-players.

My plan is to delete payers of a certain level (or, as most of my nbrs are months old, those who haven't reached a certain lvl) who haven't expanded to the gate. I wonder if the glimmerbat cave should be a distinction as well...

How do you decide who stays and who goes when some neighbors are so quiet? I actually don't mind quiet neighbors, but I do mind having a long list of inactives that I could never hope to get through. Dead weight is a pain.

Castloninian
11-11-13, 06:14 AM
Two other things I take into consideration are: 1. Can I ever find hearts in their kingdom - if not, then are they still playing? Not foolproof as of course they could be in a different time zone. But I generally try first or last thing in the day. 2. Is their heart meter filled at all. If so, they must still be playing, if not, then it is another indicator that this is not a helpful neighbour to you. I am not organised enough to keep track of people's royal points or buildings in progress.

Queenzod
11-11-13, 08:39 AM
Check their walls. I find that if there hasn't been a post on their wall in months, zip! I delete them.

bowlfullofcherries
11-11-13, 09:09 AM
I am barely active on walls so I hesitate there, too. But it does make sense that others would leave comments if a player was active. Thanks!

I don't know why, but somewhere I read that the heart meter wasn't a good measuring tool. I stay active visiting nbrs in this game but don't bother in farm story 2 or fashion story. Wouldn't want to make a mistake with a quiet nbr.

elaur
11-11-13, 10:26 AM
I lost a lot of buddies because I took a break :'(

Castloninian
11-11-13, 10:42 AM
Check their walls. I find that if there hasn't been a post on their wall in months, zip! I delete them.

I try to keep my wall clean (because it lists my ID so people can invite me if they want) so delete neighbours' comments regularly...

maguar
11-11-13, 02:43 PM
These are my observations:
* Clearing buildings - I believe that the sparkles do clear if buildings have been collected from after a certain time
* Heart meter - if you had four hearts and never logged in again everyone still sees that you have four hearts even though you're not playing
* Glimmerbat cave - some people put it in storage (didn't get the bat, bat moves too fast, don't need the fruit etc)
* Requests - there are different quests were people send requests so you know they're still playing
* Crop changes - if they have different crops or their crops are at different growth stages each item you visit they're playing
* Markets and cottages - if they've suddenly put these out then they're active (only makes sense around the thanksgiving goals)
* Wall - does it look like they've been active (clearing previous posts, people responding to something they've said). Also you can ask if they're still playing
* Not expanding to key expansions when they're at a certain level - likely to not be playing

outhouse01
11-11-13, 03:59 PM
I am in the process of clearing out inactive neighbours too. Another thing I look at is if the moving parts on their buildings are moving. Ie windmill, observotory, mines, sawmill, workshop. Also kitchen, forge, potion shop chimneys. If they are moving or blowing then they are collecting from those buildings and still active. It is not fool proof due to time differences, hovever, when you look over a few days and take crops etc into account, it is also a way to weed the inactive ones out. Cheers.

dng1234
11-11-13, 07:29 PM
You really need to take into consideration their level compared to what the have out in there's kingdom. If they're at level 30 and still don't have certain elements that they should at this point then you may want to dump them. Lower level neighbors haven't had the goals to get to certain areas. Even I doubt ask and put a time limit to it.

macyle
11-11-13, 10:57 PM
I also am deciding which players are inactive and trying to delete and add new players. I went through this awhile ago did similar things like check which buildings they had, if there were hearts available etc.
I get on castle story every day (sometimes multiple times) as with dragon story...I rarely visit others due to lack of time, never write on people's wall unless I want to add them, or have people on my walls (sometimes I completely forget about the wall). However I do gift daily and respond to people's requests. I wouldn't always use a lack of wall postings or hearts as a definite. I like the idea of checking where they have expanded (if they haven't made it to thurston or ivy I tend to think they don't play anymore.

Feel free to add me on here or dragon story :) ID: macyle

BriarAvenue
11-12-13, 12:02 AM
Oops, I frequently clean up my wall though!

Castloninian
11-12-13, 12:54 AM
* Heart meter - if you had four hearts and never logged in again everyone still sees that you have four hearts even though you're not playing

Ah thanks for that explanation. Was wondering how some people seemed to have full heart meters but didn't seem to be playing. Gave me the push to delete them finally.

Queenzod
11-12-13, 02:08 AM
Oops, I frequently clean up my wall though!

If I find there hasn't been a recent post and the last one was in June or July, and there's been no hearts for a while, and their avatar is standing in the same spot for days, it's likely they're not playing anymore. I don't just go by posts or no posts. It is a tricky business. I wish there was some way there could be a date that showed the last time the person logged onto the game. That would be extremely helpful.

dng1234
11-12-13, 04:50 AM
I wish there was some way there could be a date that showed the last time the person logged onto the game. That would be extremely helpful.

LOVE THIS! Just a little something that says last on # hours/days ago. I hate wasting requests on people who are no longer playing.

Castloninian
11-12-13, 05:40 AM
I wish there was some way there could be a date that showed the last time the person logged onto the game. That would be extremely helpful.

Yes that would be great. And what I also would like to see is when I go into 'my neighbours' that they are ordered by how full their heart meter is. I don't have the time to visit all my neighbours every day, so prioritise the ones with (partially) filled heart meters. Find it annoying to have to keep scrolling down to find those neighbours. I could of course delete all the ones with empty meters but then I don't think I'd have a lot of neighbours left :(

meme1098
11-12-13, 07:38 AM
Yes that would be great. And what I also would like to see is when I go into 'my neighbours' that they are ordered by how full their heart meter is. I don't have the time to visit all my neighbours every day, so prioritise the ones with (partially) filled heart meters. Find it annoying to have to keep scrolling down to find those neighbours. I could of course delete all the ones with empty meters but then I don't think I'd have a lot of neighbours left :(
Or at least sortable a few ways including your idea.

crystalrayn3
11-15-13, 11:14 AM
These are my observations:
* Clearing buildings - I believe that the sparkles do clear if buildings have been collected from after a certain time
* Glimmerbat cave - some people put it in storage (didn't get the bat, bat moves too fast, don't need the fruit etc)
* Requests - there are different quests were people send requests so you know they're still playing
* Crop changes - if they have different crops or their crops are at different growth stages each item you visit they're playing
* Markets and cottages - if they've suddenly put these out then they're active (only makes sense around the thanksgiving goals)
* Wall - does it look like they've been active (clearing previous posts, people responding to something they've said). Also you can ask if they're still playing
* Not expanding to key expansions when they're at a certain level - likely to not be playing

Re: Clearing Buildings- This might not be a fool proof method of determination. I haven't been collecting from my buildings in order to conserve my energy for chopping trees & stones.

ginrae22
11-15-13, 11:19 AM
I would love to get rid of a lot of my neighbors honestly because I request help for goals and only a handful (thank you to those that do respond!) actually do accept my request or help me. I think since I have added new neighbors for the felt gifting I'm getting good gift action but before that very few people actually exchanged gifts with me.

The only problem is I think I have like 700 something neighbors and it is way too much of a headache to go through even 100 or less of those. So I'll just keep playing with those who are showing up as helping me out or gifting or leaving messages on my wall ect. I think I just never noticed how much my neighbor count was growing!!

Castloninian
11-15-13, 11:30 AM
I would love to get rid of a lot of my neighbors honestly because I request help for goals and only a handful (thank you to those that do respond!) actually do accept my request or help me. I think since I have added new neighbors for the felt gifting I'm getting good gift action but before that very few people actually exchanged gifts with me.

The only problem is I think I have like 700 something neighbors and it is way too much of a headache to go through even 100 or less of those. So I'll just keep playing with those who are showing up as helping me out or gifting or leaving messages on my wall ect. I think I just never noticed how much my neighbor count was growing!!

Wow! I currently have 87 :). But have been deleting over the last few days as I had over a 100 before. But I don't find it a hindrance, instead it makes it manageable visiting many of my neighbours each day.

ginrae22
11-15-13, 12:12 PM
Wow! I currently have 87 :). But have been deleting over the last few days as I had over a 100 before. But I don't find it a hindrance, instead it makes it manageable visiting many of my neighbours each day.

Yeah I had no idea our limit was even that high and like i said i was just thoughtlessly adding people who requested to be my neighbor haha. I would love to only have maybe like 200. Like you said way more manageable but i just don't have the time or energy to weed people out haha. So they shall stay lol.

maguar
11-15-13, 02:18 PM

Hey are you sending out hundreds of requests for help? If so that's clogging up the system and delaying the response you get back. You only 20 go out that day. The next day the next 20 go out etc. it's best to only send 20-25 to people you know will respond daily.

jesoftngentle
11-15-13, 04:39 PM
I never delete anyone, what's the point? They might return, it just doesn't bother me. The more friends the merrier, that's my motto

Queenzod
11-15-13, 06:23 PM
I never delete anyone, what's the point? They might return, it just doesn't bother me. The more friends the merrier, that's my motto

How do you pop all those hearts every day?

bowlfullofcherries
11-15-13, 06:38 PM

I dislike it. Matter of personal preference, I suppose. I've ADD and having a large number of things that serve the same general purpose with varying degrees of usefulness is a bit of a horror. Especially when I enjoy actually visiting my nbrs, and it stresses me that I revisit some while ignoring others. Besides this, I never wanted more than a hundred friends to begin with. I've never been a fan of phacebook type networking. Yes. That says phacebook.

jesoftngentle
11-15-13, 07:32 PM
I do not visit all every day-I only visit a select few on a daily basis. I am Johnnny on the Spot whenever they make a request or they need me to send something. I consider that being a good friend. I really do not care if people visit me everyday--we all have busy lives. I am very easy going I guess-- I want as many friends as I can get. I love visiting when I am in the mood and have the time. I have a 3 star or 4 star rating, it varies

morgaine2005
11-15-13, 08:24 PM
Jiminy Cricket, I have ~60 neighbors and I thought that was a lot ...

But actually adding something useful to the subject at hand, I've got a few criteria for (presumably) inactive neighbor deletion:

1) Not added very recently
2) Under Level 15 and have been at their current level for a long time
3) Zero heart-rating

If one of my neighbors meets all three of those criteria, they're a prime candidate for deletion. I don't want to spend forever tipping neighbors who stopped playing the game ages ago. But I don't want to go deleting people who are advancing slowly, or who only bother with the social aspects of the game when they have to (i.e. neighbor requests). So even though I'm pretty sure this leaves me with a good amount of dead weight in my neighbor list ... eh, it works for me.

Your results may vary.

CLOVERKAITO
11-15-13, 11:49 PM
I got 70 neighbours but I never look into deleting them, and I have only added a few lately. I also always forget to check my wall... but I do respond to requests and gift back (if I haven't reached my limit) whenever I log on. Seeing how I got 20 cherry blossoms in about 12 hours (I did send request to all neighbours) so I think a majority of my neighbours are indeed active =) I know a few that aren't but I haven't bothered deleting them.

BriarAvenue
11-16-13, 01:56 PM
Wonder if TL would consider offering a signage - "Gone Fishing" or a flag?
So that we can buy if required, with coins!
Then neighbours will not delete by accident. We do have other things to attend to in real lives.
I try to visit each neighbours daily as much as possible, and revisit visitors sometimes.
I tried to add starters as neighbours, but find the drop-out rates quite high which is disappointing.

OmaKitchen
11-17-13, 08:38 PM
I am in the same boat. I check in every day to give out gifts and respond to requests. I've been at level 30 for months and only visit neighbors when i have the time which is not to often. I'm a good neighbor in that I am always there to help out but i'm rather silent. I hardly ever check my wall since I never have any messages. But i don't leave messages either so i don't expect any. I lurk here on the boards to plan ahead with my resources and enjoy the conversations. This is actually my first post! Now back to my silence ��

Castloninian
11-17-13, 11:54 PM
I am in the same boat. I check in every day to give out gifts and respond to requests. I've been at level 30 for months and only visit neighbors when i have the time which is not to often. I'm a good neighbor in that I am always there to help out but i'm rather silent. I hardly ever check my wall since I never have any messages. But i don't leave messages either so i don't expect any. I lurk here on the boards to plan ahead with my resources and enjoy the conversations. This is actually my first post! Now back to my silence ��

Oh but I don't mind if neighbours don't visit - though it is helpful if they do - but I do find it annoying to have to think about who to send requests to when needed for a goal. So if I keep my neighbour list relatively up to date with people who are still playing then I find it helps in that respect. Also I do often visit neighbours and to go to the same neighbour who has no hearts and their game hasn't changed one bit then I do delete so I don't keep visiting for nothing.

fiberterian
11-18-13, 08:11 PM
I'm really bad at visiting other folks, I guess I should be doing that more often. Does having four hearts really get me anything?

outhouse01
11-18-13, 09:08 PM
I am in the process of clearing out inactive neighbours too. Another thing I look at is if the moving parts on their buildings are moving. Ie windmill, observotory, mines, sawmill, workshop. Also kitchen, forge, potion shop chimneys. If they are moving or blowing then they are collecting from those buildings and still active. It is not fool proof due to time differences, hovever, when you look over a few days and take crops etc into account, it is also a way to weed the inactive ones out. Cheers.

I have just finished my neighbourly housekeeping. I employed my strategies as noted above and took into account other player comments. The last thing I also looked at was the bat/turkey cow, chicken and pig. By now active neighbours should have at least ONE of those, even considering the apparent glitches. If the same crops, no popping hearts and inactive working buildings met my criteria and they also did not have at least one of the bat/turkey cow, chicken or pig, then gonski. I went from 148 to 88 neighbours. It took approx 5 days of monitoring. if I deleted an active neighbour, my mistake and apologies to them, however, I think I have got it about right. I am in the process of collecting unique oils. I have sent out 25 requests for the last 2 days and each day have got 20 back. To me that shows I am keeping an active eye on my neighbours. Cheers.

Queenzod
11-18-13, 11:25 PM
I'm really bad at visiting other folks, I guess I should be doing that more often. Does having four hearts really get me anything?

It gets you never-ending admiration from the entire planet!

bowlfullofcherries
11-19-13, 07:37 AM
Wonder if TL would consider offering a signage - "Gone Fishing" or a flag?
So that we can buy if required, with coins!
Then neighbours will not delete by accident.
Great idea!

Lol! I kept picturing a smiling Shaggy in his green top and bell bottoms, a red robe and crooked crown, blowing heart kisses. 'Thank you, thank you. I like, love you too, man!'

Ah, geez. I'm a dork. And currently watching Scooby Doo instead of sleeping as sick people should. :D

fiberterian
11-19-13, 07:04 PM

Well then, I will endeavor to visit other neighbors as often as I am able!

Queenzod
11-19-13, 07:22 PM
Well then, I will endeavor to visit other neighbors as often as I am able!

I do so admire you. :)

BriarAvenue
11-25-13, 11:02 PM
* Clearing buildings - I believe that the sparkles do clear if buildings have been collected from after a

I checked this on certain neighbors I suspect are not playing. Seems this is the case,
And their kingdoms sparkle like thousands of flash lights,
while neighbors that are actively playing, it's clear with just a few sparkles.

dinoTT
11-26-13, 02:26 AM
Some crazy combination of insomnia/boredom/CS addiction led me to clean out my neighbors too! I was having a hard time during the recent "ask" quests remembering who was playing so I didn't waste my requests.... Well I am down to 20-some odd neighbors now!

I would add that a player is inactive if they have Valentine items but are still on level 20..... :)

Now I feel like I need some new active neighbors, so if anyone wants to add me feel free.
DinoTT and DinoJuJu - my daughter got me hooked then she gave up so I took over her kingdom! It was a rarely friendly coup.