PDA

View Full Version : Dear IoS Players w/ Emoji Keyboard:

sharpguy32
11-11-13, 02:31 AM
I am sure most IoS users are unaware that Android users can only see the input symbol icons (generic icons, such as the star, bell, musical notes, etc) when you use your Emoji Keyboard in the game.

Emoji Keyboard are the emote icons that you have on your keyboard (smiley faces, cats, flowers, etc). Android users see most of these emotes as jibberish (except the generic input symbols).

Some players use Emoji icons their Restaurant Name too, which Android users also see as jibberish.

I installed an Emoji keyboard from the Google Play store to create these screenshots. This app allows me to type Emoji icons in a text box on my Android phone.
By Default, Android does not have Emoji Keyboard. They would have to download it. Even then its only partially beneficial to them. This addon allow Android to send all Emoji emotes.
However, if the recipient is an Android user, they could only see Input Symbols (generic icons), not the smiley faces or real picture like icons. If recipient is on IoS, then they would see it correctly. But most Android users aren't even aware of Emoji keyboards. But this is very familiar to IoS users. I did not even know about Emoji icons/keyboards until I started trying to research why I am seeing all these Chinese looking characters on my wall. For the longest, I thought many of my neighbors were speaking a foreign language to me ^_^

If you look at screenshots, highlighted in Green is what you can post on Walls (or use in your Rest. name) that an Android (and of course IoS users) could see (100% compatibility).
Highlighted in Red is what Android users can not see (jibberish), but another IoS user can see.

Screenshot 1: Highlighted in green is what Emoji icons that an Android user can see correctly. In Red are the ones that Android users will see as jibberish.

Screenshot 2: Examples of what Android users see when you post the picture Emoji icons highlighted in Red. This is the daily life of what Android users see every day :(

I'm not trying to be mean to my fellow IoS neighbors and players. I just thought I would take a moment to try to let you all that us Android users don't see the world as gloriously as you do :D
So please refrain from using any symbols that is not hightlighted in Green. We will not recognize them :p

nicola211982
11-11-13, 02:34 AM
That explains a lot. :-)

I'm on android and had no idea why some posts on my wall made no sense.

kooky panda
11-11-13, 07:34 AM
Closing thread since this is a duplicate thread.

Current thread
Dear IoS Players w/ Emoji Keyboard: (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61200-Dear-IoS-Players-w-Emoji-Keyboard)