PDA

View Full Version : Glimmer trolls

sluppies
11-08-13, 12:59 AM
Right so I'm visiting the glimmer trolls at the gate every two hours using 10 energy to fight them. I'm maxed on glimmer shards and the other drop so what gives? Anybody help me out here?

jimboser
11-08-13, 07:41 AM
Stop visiting the gate and wasting your energy? Get past the other parts of that quest line, and I think the trolls stop appearing.

sluppies
11-08-13, 12:10 PM
Ah thanks for that jimboser. I'm up to allergic to light but that's all I have. Am I on the right track?

jimboser
11-08-13, 01:14 PM
Ah thanks for that jimboser. I'm up to allergic to light but that's all I have. Am I on the right track?

Yes, I was trying to find the exact step you are at, I think you're at the very end of the 10/17 update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59982-Castle-Story-10-17-2013-Update), but I didn't see that step in the first few posts.

sluppies
11-08-13, 02:14 PM
Hm I'm not sure as I haven't had any quests to make potions. I think sometimes the forum is a hindrance as you read stuff then forget what context you read it in....well I may just be me!! Don't know why but it feels like I'm missing something? I'm level 30 and have completed all the expansions to level 5 mostly. Perhaps it's just my own paranoia ?

ghjvcucjb
11-08-13, 02:48 PM
Stop visiting the gate and wasting your energy? Get past the other parts of that quest line, and I think the trolls stop appearing.

Yes. Once Gresalda closes the gate the glimmer trolls stop appearing when collecting from the gate.

sluppies
11-09-13, 12:41 AM
So I'm waiting on my blade of light from the adventures so after that will I be able to close the gate? These threads have me baffled these days. At one time each step was posted in order here but it don't seem to anymore.

ghjvcucjb
11-09-13, 12:55 AM
So I'm waiting on my blade of light from the adventures so after that will I be able to close the gate? These threads have me baffled these days. At one time each step was posted in order here but it don't seem to anymore.

There are a few more goals associated withis quest line but ultimately you will get Greselda to close the gate for you so no more glimmer golems when you collect from the gate.

To be honest, I like the the glimmer golems and not super happy they're gone. Then again I really like the Troll King and took my time to defeat him and prefer the other characters in their spell bound form better than their freed forms (except Thurston because i was afraid he was going to infect my kingdom with his cold). Actually I prefer Greselda in her red gown too. I hope every so often her potion wears off, she turns back into her red gown, releases the golems and then we can re-potion her.

sluppies
11-09-13, 04:19 AM
There are a few more goals associated withis quest line but ultimately you will get Greselda to close the gate for you so no more glimmer golems when you collect from the gate.

To be honest, I like the the glimmer golems and not super happy they're gone. Then again I really like the Troll King and took my time to defeat him and prefer the other characters in their spell bound form better than their freed forms (except Thurston because i was afraid he was going to infect my kingdom with his cold). Actually I prefer Greselda in her red gown too. I hope every so often her potion wears off, she turns back into her red gown, releases the golems and then we can re-potion her.
I agree with you. I do loke the golems and would quite happily fight them for a cause but as I'm maxed on the drops and it doesn't progress me in the quest there doesn't seem much point. Grieselda certainly looks better in her red outfit.....bit like cruelly from 101 Dalmatians.