PDA

View Full Version : Larger NEXT Button

TrotUA
11-07-13, 05:33 PM
Please please PLEASE make the next button MUCH larger. I am getting so angry every time I accidentally drop a troop on the battlefield for a battle that I didn't want. You sit there for hours clicking next and your finger just gets tired and slips. Maybe my fingers are just fat, but I know this is a common problem causing much grief to many players.

Thank you!

MeisterLampee
11-08-13, 05:41 AM
I second that! Happens to me every day!

sand
11-08-13, 09:39 AM
On the flip side of that, I've also inadvertently skipped a battle by hovering my "NEXT" finger a bit too close to the screen, perhaps? So I dunno. One minute the button is too small; next minute it's too big. And a confirmation step would be way too cumbersome. Sometimes, you've gotta pay the piper.

TrotUA
11-09-13, 01:34 AM
sand, thanks for your comment, but your problem has nothing to do with what I'm describing. If you are already accidentally touching the next button, how would having a larger button change that at all? Even if you miss the button and drop a troop instead, you are still touching the screen by accident and you could be screwed either way, whether it drops a troop or goes next, depending on the opponent.

What I'm doing is deliberately trying to push the next button and missing it and dropping a troop instead because the button is too small. Having a larger button doesn't have any downside, you can still easily engage the battles that you want. Hovering your finger and touching the screen accidentally is a human problem, not a problem with the game itself, and storm8 capitalizes on people doing with their gem trap (something that really should have a confirmation dialogue is spending gems but don't expect that to change)

Please people if you are having this problem speak up, reply to this thread, so that we can get this changed

goddessnikole
11-10-13, 08:17 AM
I too have accidentally dropped a troop and engaged when I was going for the next button. It has happened a few times. I'm not sure if making the next button will help, for me my ipad is ultra sensitive. If I'm laying down and my chest touches the battle button I have to clear it out. Maybe adding a confirm on battle will help I don't know. This doesn't seem to be a big issue for me.

MeisterLampee
11-10-13, 11:49 AM
What about a "Start button" on the top left corner?

sand
11-11-13, 07:54 PM
sand, thanks for your comment, but your problem has nothing to do with what I'm describing. If you are already accidentally touching the next button, how would having a larger button change that at all? Even if you miss the button and drop a troop instead, you are still touching the screen by accident and you could be screwed either way, whether it drops a troop or goes next, depending on the opponent.

What I'm doing is deliberately trying to push the next button and missing it and dropping a troop instead because the button is too small. Having a larger button doesn't have any downside, you can still easily engage the battles that you want. Hovering your finger and touching the screen accidentally is a human problem, not a problem with the game itself, and storm8 capitalizes on people doing with their gem trap (something that really should have a confirmation dialogue is spending gems but don't expect that to change)

Please people if you are having this problem speak up, reply to this thread, so that we can get this changed

I'm merely bringing attention to the fact that BOTH types of accidents happen. We accidentally deploy troops when trying to skip a battle. We accidentally skip battles too. The problem cuts both ways. Having said that, neither one is a huge problem. It's nothing compared to the way the game gets us to accidentally spend gems. If you find yourself in a battle you don't want, you can try to make the best of it; or hit the end button. I realize bailing may involve loss of crowns; but that's of no great consequence to an experienced player unless you're ***ning for a tournament prize. But if you're a serious tournament contender, you can quickly recover that.

sand
11-11-13, 08:04 PM
What about a "Start button" on the top left corner?

I don't think it will matter where the START button is, since simply touching the battlefield in a deployment zone effectively starts a battle WITHOUT having to tap the START button.
This default start is deliberately coded so that players are compelled to make that 29-second decision on whether a battle is worth the effort. The tension and risk are lost if we get to casually decide when or whether to pick up the gauntlet.

MeisterLampee
11-11-13, 09:23 PM
I don't think it will matter where the START button is, since simply touching the battlefield in a deployment zone effectively starts a battle WITHOUT having to tap the START button.
This default start is deliberately coded so that players are compelled to make that 29-second decision on whether a battle is worth the effort. The tension and risk are lost if we get to casually decide when or whether to pick up the gauntlet.
Well, the idea was the "start" button as the only possibility to start the game. I do not find any reason why almost all of the screen must be active to start the game.