PDA

View Full Version : Emoji : The Bane of My Existence

zZ_guera_Zz
11-06-13, 11:15 AM
I understand some people think emoji is cute. But why allow it on Bakery Story without a disclaimer that Android users can't see it? I am tired of seeing "3=:;5&_):8" on my wall bec nobody told an iPhone user Android people can't see it. I have had to tell a few neighbors this that didn't have a clue, which is a shame bec they've probably been posting msgs for months not getting the part they asked for or getting tipped back bec the person they were typing emoji to couldn't see it.

myferngardens
11-06-13, 11:24 AM
I understand some people think emoji is cute. But why allow it on Bakery Story without a disclaimer that Android users can't see it? I am tired of seeing "3=:;5&_):8" on my wall bec nobody told an iPhone user Android people can't see it. I have had to tell a few neighbors this that didn't have a clue, which is a shame bec they've probably been posting msgs for months not getting the part they asked for or getting tipped back bec the person they were typing emoji to couldn't see it.

I sometimes play in the old Christmas version because of this! It makes me sad that I can't understand my neighbors posts. Why don't Android users see emoji anymore?...in old versions it showed fine.

zZ_guera_Zz
11-06-13, 11:29 AM
Really? How strange that we could once see it, but TL took that away from us. It makes the game so much easier when I don't have to go to someone's wall and say, "I'm on Android, so I can't see your emoji." And to make it worse, some people don't even know it's *called* emoji. :|

ashrb
11-06-13, 12:10 PM

I was previously an iPhone user until a few months ago and even after telling a few of my neighbors I can no longer see emoji, they still send me messages packed with loads of emoji and it scrambles up sentences so I can never tell what they're trying to say. Very annoying. Although in the past I was aware which neighbors of mine were Android users so I would be careful not to use emoji on their wall. Very tired of seeing wackadoodle messages "3=:; 5&_):8" as well.

rita6834
11-06-13, 12:15 PM
Agree. . I'm an android user.

nukesters2
11-06-13, 02:15 PM
I have been still using my emojis but I leave a space then type an actual message as well, to make sure everyone gets my messages :) apparently you have to leave an empty space between the emoji and the word as well, or the first letter or two if the word will be messed up or missing. Like this �� see? Lol

myferngardens
11-06-13, 02:46 PM
I have been still using my emojis but I leave a space then type an actual message as well, to make sure everyone gets my messages :) apparently you have to leave an empty space between the emoji and the word as well, or the first letter or two if the word will be messed up or missing. Like this �� see? Lol

Seems like that helps, but most of the time the emoji scramble the message too. They really make it difficult if not imposdible to figure out the message.

gabbysmom87
11-07-13, 06:39 AM
It's really annoying

zZ_guera_Zz
11-07-13, 09:50 AM
I am thinking of saving up 10 gems to change my name to "I can't read emoji" but that won't fit, lol. I used to go to people's wall and ask what they were saying, but now I'm too lazy. It's easier to just delete the hieroglyphics and move on.

zZ_guera_Zz
11-07-13, 09:54 AM
Well, that explains why one of my neighbors keeps putting ?^?~??<?€~ uesday ?€~ ips ^??€?<]?<<“ on my wall. lol!

nukesters2
11-07-13, 04:36 PM
Well, that explains why one of my neighbors keeps putting ?^?~??<?€~ uesday ?€~ ips ^??€?<]?<<“ on my wall. lol!

Lol... at least you can kind of figure out what they are saying! :)

tehbaker
11-08-13, 12:05 AM
I use emoji a lot - I know Android users cannot see it and iPhone users can. Unfortunately it's quite pretty and I haven't yet had a complaint. Since I am posting on someone's wall, it was clear that I was there. I never ask for parts or give important information in emoji - only the cute-sy and fun stuff. That way at least the important stuff gets translated. It's unfortunate that the Android platform still doesn't allow emoji.

Hopefully, KitKat will fix this - according to tech blogs, Android is including emoji in the 4.4 KitKat update as part of the Google keyboard. We'll see if that changes things once it's on most Android devices!

Tony1Cafe
01-17-14, 06:23 AM
Hopefully, KitKat will fix this - according to tech blogs, Android is including emoji in the 4.4 KitKat update as part of the Google keyboard. We'll see if that changes things once it's on most Android devices!

Sorry to disappoint. I have just purchased a Nexus 7 with KitKat and set up Bakery Story. It still doesn't display bakery names or messages with emojis any better than my old ICS device. Basically the reason I got frustrated and stopped playing.

It seems that TL discontinued trying to deal with emojis in the android versions of the software early in the piece so now the fact that the device does support them is irrelevant as they still can't be displayed in the games.

TL would need to update the android versions of the games to support emojis.

freesiawoods
01-19-14, 12:35 AM
Just updated my android and now I can see the emoji, except they are in black and white but still cute!

bobbyrae
01-19-14, 07:06 AM
TL would need to update the android versions of the games to support emojis.

HahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaaaaaahahaha!!!!! Good one. :cool:

angelmama24
01-22-14, 09:03 AM
I am thinking of saving up 10 gems to change my name to "I can't read emoji" but that won't fit, lol. I used to go to people's wall and ask what they were saying, but now I'm too lazy. It's easier to just delete the hieroglyphics and move on.

Lol! ^_^

angelmama24
01-22-14, 09:07 AM
A few of my neighbors use emojis in their bakery names; I have no idea what their bakery names are. One name often doesn't show up at all, or I see it as a single symbol. I also have stopped questioning their illegible posts. I'll simply reply, thanks, tips returned.

AutumnHikari
01-23-14, 12:31 AM
I hope TL fixes this someday for the sake of the Android users. Back when I started playing I didn't know that Androiders couldn't see my msgs. Now I keep a list of my Android users and give them a separate message, which I'm happy to do, but I know not many people are going to go that far. But Android users, I recommend you let your emoji-using nbrs know, they may try to remember to post in normal text. I was glad when someone finally told me about it!

OsmiumDragon
01-24-14, 08:12 PM
Well, that explains why one of my neighbors keeps putting ?^?~??<??~ uesday ??~ ips ^????<]?<<? on my wall. lol!

Is that neighbor camunchie?

zZ_guera_Zz
01-24-14, 10:17 PM
Is that neighbor camunchie?
That neighbor has long since been deleted. I have only only one neighbor that uses emoji on my wall but it's only snowstorms and such, so I don't mind it. If she's got real words to say she types normally, as do my other neighbors on ios.
Emoji is no longer the bane of my existence, if I can't read it and they aren't my neighbor, I simply delete rather than trying to figure it out :)

bobbyrae
01-25-14, 07:50 AM
I hardly tip or write on walls. When i do i usually use emoji. Sorry android folks. It does help, though, when I see something in the bakery/restaurant that tells me the player is using an android device. Some of my android neighbours in BS have that little candy robot in their bakeries. That was only released to android players so I know not to put emoji on their walls. Otherwise it is pretty much impossible to know.

Remember as well that not all players are english speakers. So even if you have it on your wall that you cannot read emoji they'll never know. ;)