PDA

View Full Version : Contest Idea.. Norman/TeamLava

Unregistered
01-08-11, 11:21 AM
I was thinking of a way that US players can decide the winner somehow.. like a poll..
Here's the Idea.. it might not be as great and finished, but if you can think of something that will make this a bit faster then great!

You post an event about the contest.
people will come and put their pictures and StormID (make it last 5 days)
(this is where i can't think of something where we can choose instead of you guys teamlava)
you choose 10 RANDOM restaurants.. put them in a poll with the picture next to it and their StormID
we come into the poll and click whichever looks the best or based on the type of event..(one vote per person).
and after a week or so.. close the poll and the whoever has the most votes/percentage or whatever wins!
that way US players can also participate and i think it'd be a lot more fun doing it this way..

the prize can be whatever you wanted to be..
What do you think norman?

Unregistered
01-08-11, 10:06 PM
This would be awesome.. we choose a winner ourselves..

Unregistered
01-09-11, 08:25 AM
Without registered accounts, would be too easy for participants to stack the ballots.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 08:51 AM
There was a player to player contest just last week. Lesleypsg put up the gems. Team lava is judging tho so she doesn't skew results by picking herself or a friend just to transfer gems. Still, she agreed to this from what I read. I think contests like these would be nice. The player who sponsors can decide the theme. The winners of that contest will be announced next week. Good luck to everyone who entered btw.
I'm just saying because if team L puts up gems they should decide contest and winners I guess. It's their money.
But if a player does it, then maybe there can be a way for them to either decide or open it up for voting because it's their money.
Either way, team lava let these two (r.s and bakery) player contests to go ahead as a trial I think. Good sign they'll let more. Let's players that love the games and who are able, to help other players who love games but can't afford more than basic play.