PDA

View Full Version : Using a shovel

oliviaowl
11-05-13, 06:00 PM
So I have finally found a precious shovel and I wanted to use it to hopefully get a screw. I know when you dig up a patch of grass or a small rock you either get a screw or a nail. Does anyone know which of the two gives out a nail? Or is it a 50/50 shot with either?

pipipooh1977
11-05-13, 09:02 PM
I think the grass gives you a nail.

Rockinkitten
11-06-13, 06:05 AM
Grass just gave me a nail but I don't remember if it always does!

charlycrystal
11-06-13, 11:07 AM
I've gotten a screw from rocks before but it's hard to remember. I've also gotten hammers and stuff too when clearing land. I have one shovel right now and I think I'm going to use it in the mine.

journeysmom
11-06-13, 12:56 PM
I've gotten a screw from rocks before but it's hard to remember. I've also gotten hammers and stuff too when clearing land. I have one shovel right now and I think I'm going to use it in the mine.

You are brave! The chances of getting nothing, just coins, or just a mineral are too great!

mamareader02
11-06-13, 02:03 PM
I use axes in the mine,save shovels(unless I have a little extra) for removing items

charlycrystal
11-06-13, 02:41 PM
Oh good to know I just go to the mine! I'll keep sitting on my precious shovel then! Thanks for the heads up!

Rockinkitten
11-06-13, 02:57 PM
I use axes in the mine,save shovels(unless I have a little extra) for removing items

Yep I'm doing the same now, since the novelty of the mine wore off I'm only using axes in the mine.

finnth12
11-07-13, 01:11 PM
I'm looking for lots of shovels :(

ginrae22
11-07-13, 01:17 PM
I'm looking for lots of shovels :(

I haven't had or seen a shovel in months. So sad. If our farms depended on shovels we would all be doomed!

finnth12
11-07-13, 03:51 PM
I haven't had or seen a shovel in months. So sad. If our farms depended on shovels we would all be doomed!

I've gotten some, but still lots of that needs to be clean with shovel. I don't know why is so hard to get it, lol. Stormie has it sometimes, but not always, also from the newspaper I found 2 from someone sold it, I snatched right away, lol.

ginrae22
11-07-13, 03:57 PM
I hunt in the newspaper all the time mostly for land deeds and I swear I see everything except shovels. I see hammers, bricks, wood planks, pick axes etc. and even occasionally rare land deeds but never ever a shovel .THey really need to do something about this. I have all of this space I can't use (not that I have buildings to put down since they cost so much) but it also keeps me from getting screws since i found that using the shovels usually gets me those. Anyway arg lol.

journeysmom
11-07-13, 04:21 PM
I think part of the problem is that the price 'cap' on the utensils is barely over the market price.....so you can not raise the 'shop' price more than a few coins. If I could bump the price up more, I would sell shovels, maps, permits, and expansions. Ya, they would be expensive, but ultimately it would be self regulating.

ginrae22
11-07-13, 04:41 PM
I think part of the problem is that the price 'cap' on the utensils is barely over the market price.....so you can not raise the 'shop' price more than a few coins. If I could bump the price up more, I would sell shovels, maps, permits, and expansions. Ya, they would be expensive, but ultimately it would be self regulating.

Yeah that is a good point. I don't know but something for sure needs to change asap!

leonsandcastle
11-08-13, 02:49 PM
I hunt in the newspaper all the time mostly for land deeds and I swear I see everything except shovels. I see hammers, bricks, wood planks, pick axes etc. and even occasionally rare land deeds but never ever a shovel .THey really need to do something about this. I have all of this space I can't use (not that I have buildings to put down since they cost so much) but it also keeps me from getting screws since i found that using the shovels usually gets me those. Anyway arg lol.

We must be playing the same game-type! I never have deeds or shovels, but plenty of everything else to go around (except, of course, for the screws that come from using shovels).

ginrae22
11-08-13, 02:53 PM
We must be playing the same game-type! I never have deeds or shovels, but plenty of everything else to go around (except, of course, for the screws that come from using shovels).

yes ! We are twinsies haha. I have like a ton of maps and whanot and I can't use them yet so I'm hoarding all of these parts lol. It's awful! Come on shovels. Really. where have you all gone.

farminginheels
11-11-13, 05:46 AM
I literally just per used Stormie's shop and purchased two shovels and a paint can. The thrill is insane.

charlycrystal
11-11-13, 03:49 PM
Yup I only had shovels because once I saw 10 of them in the newspaper and just impulse bought them. Lol! I got one recently from the mine and that's about it. I also need land deeds and screws, I get screws from clearing stuff but have no shovels and around and around we go, hahah!