PDA

View Full Version : losing coins

lorentw
11-04-13, 03:05 PM
Hey new to the site, but I've been playing ds halloween for a while now. My iphone 4 s keeps logging me out and when I log back in, my coins have dropped by thousands, since saturday I have lost about 60k worth of coins, I am really not enjoying saving all those to have them just gone. My id is lorentw, island name Loren, i am at level 27 I keep trying to get up coins to buy more habitats and they keep vanishing. I guess for a free game I shouldn;t complain, it just seems odd the real problems seemed to start after the last update.

kooky panda
11-04-13, 03:20 PM
It is possible that your game progress did not save before you were knocked out.
Have you updated your phone 4s to the most current software version? ( You can check under settings- general- see if you need to update your software).

lorentw
11-04-13, 03:33 PM
It is possible that your game progress did not save before you were knocked out.
Have you updated your phone 4s to the most current software version? ( You can check under settings- general- see if you need to update your software).

I might believe that one time, but 5 or 6 times since Friday, seems really unlikely

lorentw
11-04-13, 03:34 PM
oh and yes I have the latest software from apple

[S8] Elsa
11-04-13, 05:47 PM
When you say the game logs you out, does it force close and give you an error?

It sounds like an unstable internet connection, which can cause your progress not to be saved or a sync error. Are you using cellular or wifi connection and does your connection drop often?

lorentw
11-05-13, 07:07 AM
Well it is still doing it I lost over an hours worth of coin gathering and the breeding I used gold to finish, I think since I am doing this for fun , maybe I will just try a different game, by a team that at least responds to email requests, I have not even heard back other than a automated response. in 24 hours.

lorentw
11-05-13, 07:10 AM
When you say the game logs you out, does it force close and give you an error?

It sounds like an unstable internet connection, which can cause your progress not to be saved or a sync error. Are you using cellular or wifi connection and does your connection drop often?

oh I i do not get an error, I will be collecting coins, visiting islands and everything is fine, then all of a sudden I get the "processing dragon screen" and then it goes back home and I have lost a bunch of progress, funny that the food I harvest seems to stay even after that only coins and things I bought go away, I bought the white diamond three times before it finally didn't revert.

lorentw
11-05-13, 07:10 AM
it just did it again while I was typing here!!!

lorentw
11-06-13, 08:27 AM
I figured it out, my phone is switching from cell data to wifi and losing the current status when it does, it seems impossible since usually i have just visited another island , but it is jusr a game after all

kooky panda
11-06-13, 11:18 AM
I figured it out, my phone is switching from cell data to wifi and losing the current status when it does, it seems impossible since usually i have just visited another island , but it is jusr a game after all
Makes sense.
If your phone is like mine, if I have wifi turrned on, I will automatically jump to wifi if a connection is near.
When I only want to play on cellular I turn off my wifi in my settings .

lorentw
11-06-13, 01:49 PM
yes I turned wifi off before i started using it at lunch and then when I was done and had closed it turned it back on === problem solved, still seems wierd it kept accurate track of gold and food earned even when it lost coins?

lorentw
11-06-13, 09:06 PM
wow, I thought I had solved it, sat here on the couch playing for a while accumulated about 20k in coins, visited islands, had others visit me. I put the phone down for a while, come back 30 minutes later and the coins are gone I am back down to where I started. ???I'm confused???

lorentw
11-06-13, 09:08 PM
still have not heard back from my email i sent in to support, that is the worst part.

lorentw
11-08-13, 08:01 AM
well I heard back from support they say a sync error , that all progress is set back to where it last synced. I still find it odd all the food I build and gold I spend doesn't revert just the coins, but life is too short to keep worrying over a game. Thanks for all the help.