PDA

View Full Version : Even System Maintenance is buggy

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 04:52 AM
At 4:30AM today, myself and 2 others in the house decide to play after the Storm8 maintenance window. 2 of them could connect and battle, but all I get is a repeated message stating Kingdom Clash is an online game that needs an internet connection. Guess what? I'm connected to the same wireless and all other Storm8 games work on my ipad except for this buggy game! Reboot ipad, same thing. It's quite unfair that in this time, anyone can attack me but I can't attack anyone else, and all because some buggy maintenance window that allows some people to play but others must let their town get attacked.

bia1979
11-03-13, 04:56 AM
Exactly!! Especially when the tournament is over in less than a day! Whose brilliant idea what this timing?!!

twigsandberries
11-03-13, 04:57 AM
Same here....I am really hoping I have not been attacked.

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 05:02 AM
My two brothers are "watching" my land for me in the Alliance portal and they said I haven't been attacked yet but I'm sure it will happen. It's totally unfair. They're having raiding parties and I'm a sitting duck.

sand
11-03-13, 05:05 AM
A WHOLE HOUR SINCE MAINTENANCE IS OVER AND I STILL CAN'T GET INTO GAME.
Horribly unfair to restore access to only some players.
The maintenance began just as I was stockpiling resources for an upgrade; resources that likely won't be there when I'm finally able to log on again.

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 05:08 AM
My brothers report that at least 12 of my alliance members are playing. I hope they are not attacking any of you guys, not that they would know any better though.

sand
11-03-13, 05:13 AM
Longest "Loading..." window yet. Could this be it?

sand
11-03-13, 05:14 AM
Nope. Still can't get on.

sand
11-03-13, 05:28 AM
Okay, according to my photo record, my last raid before maintenance shut-down left me with just over 1 million stones and half a million coins. Collectors were cleared, so there shouldn't be much more than 3hrs worth of resources outside of storage. The best I can hope for is that the first attacker does enough damage to give me a shield until I can get back in; but I would still lose more than 100K coins and 200K stones. On the other hand, if several people attack me and lose, I stand to lose a lot more than that; possibly everything.
I'll be sure to post my losses here for everyone's entertainment.

I'm still here tapping the "TRY AGAIN" button and watching the arrows fly through the "Loading..." screen.

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 05:31 AM
Sand, I decided to delete and reinstall the game and that worked. Thankfully I was not raided yet, but I also know there is a chance a message will pop up in 2 hours telling me I was raided yesterday.

liscke
11-03-13, 05:52 AM
Ugh, i still cant get either. Cant wait too see how many crown and resources I've lost

sand
11-03-13, 05:55 AM
Sand, I decided to delete and reinstall the game and that worked. Thankfully I was not raided yet, but I also know there is a chance a message will pop up in 2 hours telling me I was raided yesterday.

I was reluctant to reinstall because it usually takes so long. But having lost 2 hours already, I suppose it's worth a shot. Heaven knows why it should even be necessary.

liscke
11-03-13, 06:11 AM
Any danger of providing an update on this issue?

sand
11-03-13, 06:15 AM

May be a snowball's chance in hell of that happening. If they offer any explanation at all, it will be some general nonsense.

syllrag
11-03-13, 06:18 AM

I can give you an update on their behalf: Sorry, we are currently still looking into this issue.

sand
11-03-13, 06:18 AM
Oh! Look at that. Reinstallation did it and ...
"Your town is under attack. You must wait for the battle to finish."
Really? I'm so surprised!

sand
11-03-13, 06:26 AM
Okay, according to my photo record, my last raid before maintenance shut-down left me with just over 1 million stones and half a million coins. Collectors were cleared, so there shouldn't be much more than 3hrs worth of resources outside of storage. The best I can hope for is that the first attacker does enough damage to give me a shield until I can get back in; but I would still lose more than 100K coins and 200K stones. On the other hand, if several people attack me and lose, I stand to lose a lot more than that; possibly everything.
I'll be sure to post my losses here for everyone's entertainment.

I'm still here tapping the "TRY AGAIN" button and watching the arrows fly through the "Loading..." screen.

Ah yes, I conveniently fell under attack during the last moments of reinstalling the game, having tried everything else without success. I had to wait for the battle to end when I finally got back on.

Lost: 135,747 coins; 225,247 spellstones; 1 crown.
Damage: 100%.
Shield: 16 hours when I no longer need it.

obama_papa
11-03-13, 07:46 AM
I have been waiting for more than 7 hours , Kingdom Clash is still down !!!!

sand
11-03-13, 08:09 AM
Ah yes, I conveniently fell under attack during the last moments of reinstalling the game, having tried everything else without success. I had to wait for the battle to end when I finally got back on.

Lost: 135,747 coins; 225,247 spellstones; 1 crown.
Damage: 100%.
Shield: 16 hours when I no longer need it.

Oh joy! The thrills continue. Hardly was I able to recover my loot by breaking shield and raiding again, when I started getting the connection message again. I'm back to the horrors of TRY AGAIN while goodness knows WHO or WHAT may be attacking my town now. If I delete this game again today, I'm NOT reinstalling it.

keidschi
11-03-13, 08:14 AM
I'm waiting about 6 hours now. Some ideas what happened?

kooky panda
11-03-13, 09:57 AM
If you are still experiencing issues with the games, please post on the current thread
Scheduled Maintenance - 11/03/13 (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?60770-Scheduled-Maintenance-11-03-13)

Also try restarting your device, and also deleting and redownloading the game.