PDA

View Full Version : What a waste to get 3 hilts of light.

justk9188
11-02-13, 07:42 PM
I don't know what kind of setting TL set,
But it's really a waste to get 3 hilts in 3 days.
Getting the same quest item several times never happened before.

redlorry
11-03-13, 01:20 AM
Im on my 8 glimmer gate adventure looking for light blade. Receive hilt (light) first adventure but nothing In subsequent adventures and because I'm maxed in shards and fragments I'm rewarded very little.

charliemouse123
11-03-13, 04:28 AM
It's starting to irritate me too.

meme1098
11-03-13, 12:31 PM
According to the goal it takes "a few adventures".
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/fd1fb96d653ed12fa469f733b54e40fd_zpsea038b69.jpg
Definition: a small number of. "may I ask a few questions?" synonyms: a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three; not many, hardly any. "there weren't many biscuits, but we saved you a few"
Well, 8 is not a few TL. A few is 3 or 4.
If you put in the goal it only takes a few then it shouldn't be taking more than 8 tries at getting something. That now becomes a rare drop & should say that not 'a few'!

meme1098
11-03-13, 12:33 PM
Sorry, redlorry, I'm trying to get the hilt and hoping I'm getting close to 8 adventures for that one, too.

meme1098
11-03-13, 12:34 PM
Sorry, redlorry, I'm trying to get the hilt and hoping I'm getting close to 8 adventures for that one, too.

Wow that came out wrong! Hoping it's not gonna take me 8 adventures for that darn thing but I'm thinking I'm probably pretty close to that number by now.

katbtodd
11-03-13, 12:51 PM
According to the goal it takes "a few adventures".
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/fd1fb96d653ed12fa469f733b54e40fd_zpsea038b69.jpg
Definition: a small number of. "may I ask a few questions?" synonyms: a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three; not many, hardly any. "there weren't many biscuits, but we saved you a few"
Well, 8 is not a few TL. A few is 3 or 4.
If you put in the goal it only takes a few then it shouldn't be taking more than 8 tries at getting something. That now becomes a rare drop & should say that not 'a few'!
I agree I'm,on my 4 try got the light blade but not the hilt I think it's lost some where,, not in this game

mikado86
11-03-13, 01:16 PM
I agree, teamlava, your grammar is wrong, FIX YOUR GAME PLEASE.

In a less note, the keyword "few" is there NOT to let you know it might take more than one try to get said item, in case that is not obvious enough by now, but to imply its NOT 100% drop rate, anyone who knows the definition of random should know that it means you have the same chance of getting it on your 1st, and in your 100st collection try.

stuffedmounts
11-03-13, 07:12 PM
What's so stupid is to do this quest you need dragon scales. And to get those you need a dragon. And to get that you need a burning ember. So now TWO quests are held back because of the burning ember.

redlorry
11-04-13, 01:11 AM
What's so stupid is to do this quest you need dragon scales. And to get those you need a dragon. And to get that you need a burning ember. So now TWO quests are held back because of the burning ember.

10 dragon scales are required in a craft for a previous goal in this quest line. But not for the glimmer gate adventure itself. Began Number NINE this morning. I do have a dragon but Could also use more burning embers for 3 dragon eggs in my inventory!

meme1098
11-04-13, 07:32 AM
I'm still searching as well, redlorry. I get the feeling of futility each time the adventure fails to produce the desired object. I just wonder how many adventures it took for the ones who are done with this goal.?.

stuffedmounts
11-04-13, 08:57 AM
10 dragon scales are required in a craft for a previous goal in this quest line. But not for the glimmer gate adventure itself. Began Number NINE this morning. I do have a dragon but Could also use more burning embers for 3 dragon eggs in my inventory!

Technically the dragon scales are for the witch quest. But the witch quest is part of the glimmer gate question. Thus, dragon scales are required for this quest. Those come from a dragon, which is part of a different quest. And do complete that quest you need burning ember. So like I said, the burning ember is now holding up two quests for the people who -still- haven't gotten one. And there are a lot of people who haven't gotten one.

We already know things are goofy in this game anyways. There are people who have been working hard every day to get an alicorn and after several months, still have nothing to show for it.

meme1098
11-04-13, 10:43 AM
That is no longer called a rare drop in my book but a near impossible goal to complete, especially if attempts add up to months & months on end. That now is just a slap in the face or taunt like - ha, ha didn't get it again did you. It makes the game a drudge doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result. I feel your pain as it took me months on end as well but hoping your getting to the light at the end of the tunnel very soon.

butterball8509
11-04-13, 11:15 AM
I'm still searching as well, redlorry. I get the feeling of futility each time the adventure fails to produce the desired object. I just wonder how many adventures it took for the ones who are done with this goal.?.

Meme, the worst part is once you finally get the hilt, then you need the adamant. I've been looking for that since 10/17 (well, actually well before that, but in earnest since then).

meme1098
11-04-13, 12:39 PM
Meme, the worst part is once you finally get the hilt, then you need the adamant. I've been looking for that since 10/17 (well, actually well before that, but in earnest since then).

That's the one thing I've actually been lucky in getting. So I guess it's lucky in one thing, unlucky in other things. Right now tho, wish I was lucky in getting the darn hilt.:rolleyes:

redlorry
11-05-13, 04:39 AM
#10 adventure now. Losing hope!

justk9188
11-05-13, 06:50 AM
Two adventures passed, still no blade ...
Darkness is covering my kingdom :(

caramel114
11-05-13, 07:04 AM
This is starting to get really frustrating that I can't move on without the blade. 3 hilts of light dropped in my queendom as well over the span of 8 glimmer gate adventures. TL seriously needs to fix this.

meme1098
11-05-13, 11:45 AM
You got 3 hilts and I just need 1.:confused: This just makes no sense to me. The drop rate is way outta whack if that's the case then. How can one player have 3 and another can't get a single one?!?:confused:

redlorry
11-06-13, 12:49 AM
#11 adventure be*** in search of blade. Did notice another hilt came with last adventure, maybe this happened before but hadn't noticed the pop up.

meme1098
11-06-13, 07:57 AM
My knights received an ultimatum this morning upon sending them out on the glimmer gate adventure. Come back with the hilt of darkness or else it's the dungeon for you. We'll see tomorrow if that created enough incentive to complete the mission.;)
I'm hoping any type of new adventures, especially for goals, might be for 8 or 12 hours instead of 1 day. Some things shouldn't take that long to complete.:p. Hint, hint

redlorry
11-07-13, 12:43 AM
finally I have the blade. The sword is now crafting. I deleted, reinstalled and collected first thing. Infact game building were still loading! Coincidence I'm sure.

bowlfullofcherries
11-07-13, 05:16 AM
My knights received an ultimatum this morning upon sending them out on the glimmer gate adventure. Come back with the hilt of darkness or else it's the dungeon for you. We'll see tomorrow if that created enough incentive to complete the mission.;)

LOL! I'm a little frustrated with my knights as well. And for the first time in a long time I'm actually low on glimmerdust. And hearty feasts! Btw, keep making and collecting those as the light sword requires the same adventure... and the same pieces... except, you know... they're 'light'.

meme1098
11-07-13, 12:16 PM
I noticed that there must be another part to the goal with hilt & blades if light too. If I could only get the hilt if darkness, I'd be a happy camper. I hope the 'light' ones aren't as hard to get or I probably won't be getting to Greselda until next year Valentines or so.
BTW, the knights came back empty-handed again this morning. Maybe Thurston needs to get off his derri?re and accompany them. He just walks around the place trying to look busy when he's actually not doing a darn thing.

meme1098
11-07-13, 12:18 PM
So the punctuation mark over the word derriere did not post but a question mark took its place. Hmmm

meme1098
11-08-13, 05:45 AM
Finally, got the hilt and am crafting the adamant bar for the hilt if darkness. I totally lost track how many adventures it took, just happy the knights finally finished that part of the quest.

Epona1
11-09-13, 01:02 AM
I am STILL waiting for a hilt of darkness. I have lost count PC how many adventures but it is many more than a few!

MeisterLampee
11-19-13, 10:47 AM
I still did not receive a hilt of light after my 10 journey. The sword I received on my fist journey? It is starting go get annoying!

tracmac
12-07-13, 02:52 PM
Well, I've stopped looking for the hilt (new quests have put this on hold), but at the moment my "few" has turned into 46. 1 a day since the quest came out. A few is 3, not 46.:mad:

ktappe
12-12-13, 03:57 PM
I'm with tracmac...I've been sending a quest a day since the "Hilt of Darkness" goal came out and still nothing. I could buy it for 150 gems but the autoscroll of the game burned me a few times and stole quite a few gems accelerating some process I had no need of accelerating. So I've not enough gems to buy it and have been slowly baking pies and cobblers and making lemonade to regain a gem a day. Now they want 30 gems for the Winter White Tree and I'm torn whether I should keep trying to get 150 for the Hilt or give up and get the Tree. I'm open to thoughts on why I can't get the Hilt and which of the two goals I should spend my few gems on.

belbar22
12-12-13, 04:06 PM
I'm with tracmac...I've been sending a quest a day since the "Hilt of Darkness" goal came out and still nothing. I could buy it for 150 gems but the autoscroll of the game burned me a few times and stole quite a few gems accelerating some process I had no need of accelerating. So I've not enough gems to buy it and have been slowly baking pies and cobblers and making lemonade to regain a gem a day. Now they want 30 gems for the Winter White Tree and I'm torn whether I should keep trying to get 150 for the Hilt or give up and get the Tree. I'm open to thoughts on why I can't get the Hilt and which of the two goals I should spend my few gems on.
Go look on today's update thread. The trees are a total waste of money. Save your gems.

serinalisa
12-15-13, 03:10 PM
I'm on quest #15... no hilt. I might just suck it up and buy the darn thing!

iLLUMI2012
03-11-14, 08:37 PM
Today I got a second Blade Of Light but I'm waiting on the Hilt Of Light.
It's very frustrating when you think you just got the missing item for the goal only to realise that it's one you already have.
Glimmer dust takes time to gather. The goal is taking forever. I've not yet seen this so called Greselda.

kudukuda
03-12-14, 01:02 AM
I am on quest #3 for hilt of light. Looking back on this thread, it seems it may take a while. So i should probably prepare more feasts....

mafruha
03-12-14, 04:01 AM
I don't know what kind of setting TL set,
But it's really a waste to get 3 hilts in 3 days.
Getting the same quest item several times never happened before.

Same here. But i tried n tried.. Atlast i succeded after many quest. Hope u ll get soon ur blade of light..still i m trying to get pointed horn of alicorn.still trying (more than 1yr)..

ktappe
03-26-14, 08:04 AM
Ok, it's almost April and I still haven't gotten the Hilt of Light after (almost) daily questing since December. Is my game broken? If not, can someone at least tell me what type of quest might yield the Hilt of Light so I can concentrate on that type of quest instead of mixing it up as I've been doing?

meme1098
03-26-14, 08:27 AM
I think you're supposed to do the glimmer gate adventure, right?

ciarjen
03-26-14, 08:54 AM
I think you're supposed to do the glimmer gate adventure, right?

It has to be the Glimmergate Adventure, the one with the 25 glimmerdust requirement. It took me ages to get both parts. Nearly every day my knights brought back a blade but not a hilt. Eventually it dropped and I was able to get on with the quest.

Clubbratty
07-08-15, 10:32 PM
I've been trying for a few months now for light hilt. Could my extra dark hilt be preventing it? The other parts all came within 3 or less glimmergate adventures. All other goals achieved so I feel stuck

robotparade
07-11-15, 01:58 PM
I do have a dragon but Could also use more burning embers for 3 dragon eggs in my inventory!

Wow, four dragon eggs in total?!? I got one and have never gotten another egg since!

simonfevre
10-19-15, 12:37 PM
What adventure do I need to go on to try and get the Hilt of Darkness please?

SpiritWind00
10-19-15, 01:35 PM
What adventure do I need to go on to try and get the Hilt of Darkness please?
In the castle you go on the one called Adventure to the glimmergate. It will only be available when you get to this goal. You may need to go on lots of these adventrures as the drops are random. Good luck!

Extract from Goal Guide:
10. Thurstons Bravery .Rewards 2,900 coin 9xp
. ADVENTURE to the Glimmer gate (knights are waiting by the Court! (skip 50g)
. HAVE the Blade of Darkness (skip 150g)
. HAVE the Hilt of Darkness (skip 150g)
Note: may take a few Adventures to obtain the Blade & Hilt
ADVENTURE * Into the Glimmergate * 1 Day> 1 Hearty Feast. 2 Wisp Lanterns. 25 Glimmerdust.

simonfevre
10-19-15, 11:55 PM
In the castle you go on the one called Adventure to the glimmergate. It will only be available when you get to this goal. You may need to go on lots of these adventrures as the drops are random. Good luck!

Extract from Goal Guide:
10. Thurstons Bravery .Rewards 2,900 coin 9xp
. ADVENTURE to the Glimmer gate (knights are waiting by the Court! (skip 50g)
. HAVE the Blade of Darkness (skip 150g)
. HAVE the Hilt of Darkness (skip 150g)
Note: may take a few Adventures to obtain the Blade & Hilt
ADVENTURE * Into the Glimmergate * 1 Day> 1 Hearty Feast. 2 Wisp Lanterns. 25 Glimmerdust.
Thanks. I thought I needed the hilt BEFORE I went on this adventure.
So, off to CS to try my luck!