PDA

View Full Version : Missed Defensive Battle Shows Up Late Without Shield

sand
11-02-13, 12:38 AM
I had a strange experience yesterday. I kept careful track of the details, so I KNOW this is not normal.
1. I had been on the game continuously for nearly 2 hours and had done a few raids.
2. On the victory screen of my last raid, it showed my balances at 251,517 coins & 832,848 stones.
3. Upon returning home, I uprgraded a piece of wall, and was trying to rearrange the queue in the barracks when I got a "Loading..." screen, then the Attack Log popped up! It reported that I had been attacked "35 minutes ago"! Really? WHILE I was raiding?! Where was I when this happened?
4. Although the report shows that I had lost the battle, no shield ever appeared. I would have noticed if I went to attack and got the "Your shield will be removed with this attack" message. In fact, when my raiding began, over an hour BEFORE this reported defensive loss, I had broken a shield from the night before. No other shield-breaking message appeared while I was raiding. Yet, suddenly, here was this defensive loss that somehow happened half an hour before with no shield.
5. The balance of my coins and stones suddenly decreased to reflect the amounts lost in this "missed" battle. What only moments before was 251,517 coins was now 11,796. What was 832848 stones was now 661,491. The attacker reportedly took 67,439 coins & 158,663 stones. (I had spent 175K coins to upgrade a single piece of wall to L6, and must have spent a small amount of spellstone swapping troops around in the barracks.)

That this defensive battle somehow slipped through in the middle of my raids during a moment of inactivity while reloading the army is certainly possible (some doubt). However, the report of the battle and the deduction of resources came more than half an hour later; and since I was battling the whole time, no loser's shield ever materialized. Something is definitely wrong with that!

mybaby1977
11-02-13, 06:46 AM
That this defensive battle somehow slipped through in the middle of my raids during a moment of inactivity while reloading the army is certainly possible (some doubt). However, the report of the battle and the deduction of resources came more than half an hour later; and since I was battling the whole time, no loser's shield ever materialized. Something is definitely wrong with that!
This has happened to me twice, except my notification comes 2 hours late in which time span I already battled in 7-8 offensive raids. I would have preferred to have the shield instead.

I also have another strange "variation" of this issue if you can call it that. This morning, I was attacked at between 4:00am and 5:00am in my timezone, which was a time when I was very actively playing and donating. Not once was I offline, nor did I ever get told I was attacked in the log, nor did I switch to play another game. Then at 6:30am, my crowns on my main screen and my crowns in my "rank" screen showed two different totals. I exit the game and get back in to see a log that I was attacked around 4:00am. This is bad, I was attacked while I was very actively online. The attacker was Craftyagranna in case the mods want to see the fight, but I don't think that player did anything wrong. Just odd that I could be attacked while I was playing and helping my team.