PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on getting rich?

nancydrew88
11-01-13, 01:03 PM
So I need to have 9,600 coins to build the studio, but I only have 1900+ right now. And usually, I won't get too far from 2,000 coins. Any tips on getting more coins?

ginrae22
11-01-13, 01:35 PM
stop trying to complete deliveries and make items and sell them. That's kind of the only way. I'm in the same boat. My next building costs $48,000 and I'm so far from that. Good luck!

nancydrew88
11-01-13, 01:44 PM
OMG - $48,000?? What building is that??

ginrae22
11-01-13, 01:48 PM
It's the juicer! They only get more ridiculously expensive from there so I have seen in other people's posts on here. Crazy right?!

oliviaowl
11-01-13, 02:26 PM
It's good advice to stop worrying about deliveries if you are trying to make money, just use your shop. I usually only focus on deliveries if I am looking for expansion tools and even then I discard the orders where the items they want are too valuable

ginrae22
11-01-13, 02:30 PM
Yeah I am or was doing the exact same thing. I am not doing any deliveries right now because I'm literally never getting any items. So I'm selling things making money and looking in the newspaper for items that I need for expansions etc. Although that isn't going so well at the moment either haha.

crystalrayn3
11-01-13, 07:14 PM
By focusing mainly on selling items in my Shop I was able to raise the 48,000 coins needed for the Juicer in aprox 5 days. I've been discarding the Deliveries requiring high priced items & only sending out bundles of common goods. So far its been a successful strategy for filling up my Coin bank but not one to follow if Expansions are your main goal.

nancydrew88
11-02-13, 05:18 AM
Thank you so much for your help ginrae22, oliviaowl & crystalrayn3! I was able to earn 9700+ coins in less than a day!!

The key is really to focus on selling rather than fulfilling deliveries. I also discarded deliveries like you advised crystalrayn3 (I used to just wait until I have all items for a delivery - or worse, buy them from the shop).

nicxole
11-02-13, 01:14 PM
Do you have any specific items you recommend selling? For awhile I would sell 10x sugar cane for 125 coins but the past 2 weeks it hasn't been selling well at all.

sweetypies97
11-02-13, 03:08 PM
I'm trying to save $120,000 for the forge :/

oliviaowl
11-02-13, 03:55 PM
I never really sell crops because they are easy for everyone to grow. I focus on foods like the baked potato and pies. Then I sell them a little cheaper than the top price so people buy them quicker. I also make sure to save up 10 of the most expensive item and sell them for their maximum price under the promotion so they are guaranteed to sell.

crystalrayn3
11-03-13, 05:22 PM
Glad to be of help nancydrew88 :-) Another thing I did was to increase the # of slots in my shop to 7. By keeping it fully stocked as often as possible it places my shop near the front of the shop row & my goods within quick reach of my neighbors' fingertips.

pipipooh1977
11-03-13, 07:54 PM
I never have great success selling in my shop! Sometimes the things I have selling in my shop will sit there for an hour or 2 b4 anyone will buy 1 item! Idk what I'm doing wrong....I have never made close to 9,700 in one day from my shop like nancydrew88... :(

....you can add me....pipipooh1977

Kami365
11-03-13, 08:17 PM
I'm Level 26 had only 3 slots,but I'm selling my Food very fast,.of course more slots have more chances to sell food quickly & getting faster rich in coins too.

sunkalito
11-04-13, 04:28 AM
By focusing mainly on selling items in my Shop I was able to raise the 48,000 coins needed for the Juicer in aprox 5 days. I've been discarding the Deliveries requiring high priced items & only sending out bundles of common goods. So far its been a successful strategy for filling up my Coin bank but not one to follow if Expansions are your main goal.
This is what i've been doing as well. I only go for the deliveries that require cheaper items, mainly for XP and the (very low) possibility of new items. Other than that... Hit the stores and sell sell sell!

pipipooh1977
11-04-13, 08:27 AM
Does it matter what level your at when it comes to how fast things sell in the shop? I have right now juice on sale and it's promoted too but it still hasn't sold in over an hour! I'm on level 28. My stuff always sell so slow, I have to do deliveries or I won't make any money fast! :(

ghjvcucjb
11-04-13, 10:13 PM
I use to sell everything instantly, but in the past week it can take hours and for the first time ever, Stormie's had to come buy something from me. I usually sell at or below market value for the majority of my items. Not sure what happened.

ghjvcucjb
11-04-13, 10:15 PM
Also, I have to do plane deliveries or I constantly max out on storage and my storage is over 300. Wish I could get more deeds to balance out all the maps and permits.