PDA

View Full Version : Yet another problem

grover60
11-01-13, 06:56 AM
So I was just enjoying a couple of battles when I suddenly noticed an entry appear on my screen from an attack log which occurred 30 minutes previous. At no point had I put my pad down to allow an attack to happen, or had I been informed of an attack. So now I am left having been attacked and lost a significant amount of resources - not crowns, luckily - but a large number of spell stones, and I don 't have a shield to protect me from further attacks. I'm going to have to lose another huge amount of stuff before I can get a shield. Please sort this out!

What is wrong with this game so so much goes wrong, largely ruining the experience?

FrozenTurtle
11-01-13, 01:23 PM
If you are inactive for a long enough time, where you are presented with the "Loading" dialog upon return, it means you were considered offline and players had the opportunity to attack you. Simply having the game open does not mean you are active.

If you win the battle, you will not receive a shield. However, you still can lose resources. This could explain the result of this battle.

grover60
11-02-13, 09:45 AM
No, I wasn't inactive. I was playing constantly and besides, if that was the case and it wasn't a bug then why would the first time I see the log come up state the battle took place a whole 30 minutes ago? I was playing solidly for well over two hours and I'm informed that somewhere during this time, without me noticing, that someone had attacked my base and I hadn't been shielded. Then I continue to play, oblivious and eventually I'm informed that I was attacked.

I am also very well aware that if I win a battle I will not receive a shield, even if I lose resources. I am aware of the basic mechanics of the game, thanks.

mybaby1977
11-02-13, 09:54 AM
This is a problem I posted earlier in another thread. It has happened only once to me so far but I was never inactive either and my teammates who received my help at the tiime can attest to it. This morning, I was attacked at between 4:00am and 5:00am in my timezone (US Mountain), which was a time when I was very actively playing and donating. Not once was I offline, nor did I ever get told I was attacked in the log, nor did I switch to play another game. Then at 6:30am, my crowns on my main screen and my crowns in my "rank" screen showed two different totals. I force close the game and get back in to see a log that said I was attacked around 4:00am. This is bad, I was attacked while I was very actively online. The attacker was Craftyagranna in case the mods want to see the fight, but I don't think that player did anything wrong. Just odd that I could be attacked while I was playing and helping my team.

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 10:30 AM
This happened once again. I had problems with the Storm8 system maintenance so I know I reinstalled and got into Kingdom Clash at 5:30AM and played until 9:00. Just now I get a message stating I was attacked around 6AM - 4 hours ago!! I got no shield because I have been attacking since 5:30AM, lost maxxed out resources that were there just 2 minutes ago, and -26 crowns. I even confirmed that my portal was full a short time ago until this message (4-hours delayed message) appeared, now the portal is suddenly empty. This problem is just as bad as the issue with disconnects and losing 2x crowns.

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 10:36 AM
OK, now I just got attacked 12 minutes ago by Viktoria and I was ONLINE! At that time I wrote a message to my alliance chat about this issue! Now I lost another 31 crowns, a total of 57 crowns this morning all while I was online in the game.

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 10:43 AM
The game is clearly not reporting it's status to the game server. I'm so glad I never made any in game purchases when I wanted to a few weeks ago. I'm down at least 350 crowns to bugs and only bugs.

goddessnikole
11-03-13, 02:33 PM
If you are inactive for a long enough time, where you are presented with the "Loading" dialog upon return, it means you were considered offline and players had the opportunity to attack you. Simply having the game open does not mean you are active.

If you win the battle, you will not receive a shield. However, you still can lose resources. This could explain the result of this battle.

With all due respect Turtle, this has happened to me twice. I've provided screenshots as proof yet nothing is being done, much like the hacker reports that I had to resubmit. I'd prefer to get the standard "sorry there's nothing we can do" instead of the run around.

goddessnikole
11-03-13, 02:38 PM
With all due respect Turtle, this has happened to me twice. I've provided screenshots as proof yet nothing is being done, much like the hacker reports that I had to resubmit. I'd prefer to get the standard "sorry there's nothing we can do" instead of the run around.

Furthermore loading screen would require no activity. If talking in alliance chat while waiting for troops is inactivity then I guess that everyone should be booted every two minutes, unless buying gems to speed thru battles....

mybaby1977
11-03-13, 09:07 PM
Good points goddessnikole. There's also the question of why the game will allow us to play through 4 hours of offense before telling us that we lost the defensive 4 hours ago, at which time we were playing online. Maybe the game hopes that, after a few hours, we forget whether we were online or not. These related bugs are all part of a bigger issue that will never be fixed and I just installed another game to resolve this problem once and for all.

sand
11-06-13, 12:39 PM

PARDON ME, TURTLE, BUT YOU ARE NOT EVEN BEGINNING TO ADDRESS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM. You are offering a glib explanation about shields and inadvertently going game-idle, which is not the issue here. We are not somehow imagining that we are online and PLAYING. After all, it's impossible to do most game actions without a live internet connection. If I switch to a different app or leave my iPhone idle for a moment, it's no great surprise if I return to find a fresh entry in my ATTACK LOG. But that's NOT what's happening here, Turtle. We are getting STALE battle reports, and in cases where we lost, there has been no shield. Can you at least address the question of why it would take the system so long to inform a player that they had been attacked? The only way I should be told that I was attacked "35 minutes ago" is if I was away from the game for at least that long. If an attack occurred while I was glancing out the window or grabbing a cookie, I should get the report as soon as I resumed connected play; not more than half an hour later when I'm ready to spend resources that I suddenly don't have because "Ooops! You may not have realized it but oh, some time ago, I dunno, you were attacked and looted. Yah, we kinda forgot to tell you back then, but yeah, so all these spellstones and coins you have right here -- see? -- [ZAP!] you don't actually have now. Whoopsy."

I had a strange experience yesterday. I kept careful track of the details, so I KNOW this is not normal.
1. I had been on the game continuously for nearly 2 hours and had done a few raids.
2. On the victory screen of my last raid, it showed my balances at 251,517 coins & 832,848 stones.
3. Upon returning home, I uprgraded a piece of wall, and was trying to rearrange the queue in the barracks when I got a "Loading..." screen, then the Attack Log popped up! It reported that I had been attacked "35 minutes ago"! Really? WHILE I was raiding?! Where was I when this happened?
4. Although the report shows that I had lost the battle, no shield ever appeared. I would have noticed if I went to attack and got the "Your shield will be removed with this attack" message. In fact, when my raiding began, over an hour BEFORE this reported defensive loss, I had broken a shield from the night before. No other shield-breaking message appeared while I was raiding. Yet, suddenly, here was this defensive loss that somehow happened half an hour before with no shield.
5. The balance of my coins and stones suddenly decreased to reflect the amounts lost in this "missed" battle. What only moments before was 251,517 coins was now 11,796. What was 832848 stones was now 661,491. The attacker reportedly took 67,439 coins & 158,663 stones. (I had spent 175K coins to upgrade a single piece of wall to L6, and must have spent a small amount of spellstone swapping troops around in the barracks.)

That this defensive battle somehow slipped through in the middle of my raids during a moment of inactivity while reloading the army is certainly possible (some doubt). However, the report of the battle and the deduction of resources came more than half an hour later; and since I was battling the whole time, no loser's shield ever materialized. Something is definitely wrong with that!

FrozenTurtle
11-06-13, 06:02 PM
PARDON ME, TURTLE, BUT YOU ARE NOT EVEN BEGINNING TO ADDRESS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM. You are offering a glib explanation about shields and inadvertently going game-idle, which is not the issue here. We are not somehow imagining that we are online and PLAYING. After all, it's impossible to do most game actions without a live internet connection. If I switch to a different app or leave my iPhone idle for a moment, it's no great surprise if I return to find a fresh entry in my ATTACK LOG. But that's NOT what's happening here, Turtle. We are getting STALE battle reports, and in cases where we lost, there has been no shield. Can you at least address the question of why it would take the system so long to inform a player that they had been attacked? The only way I should be told that I was attacked "35 minutes ago" is if I was away from the game for at least that long. If an attack occurred while I was glancing out the window or grabbing a cookie, I should get the report as soon as I resumed connected play; not more than half an hour later when I'm ready to spend resources that I suddenly don't have because "Ooops! You may not have realized it but oh, some time ago, I dunno, you were attacked and looted. Yah, we kinda forgot to tell you back then, but yeah, so all these spellstones and coins you have right here -- see? -- [ZAP!] you don't actually have now. Whoopsy."

Thanks for the clarification. I've asked our engineers to take a look into the issue of being attacked while online. :)