PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation button

Kandykizzez
10-31-13, 03:41 PM
I really would like to see a confirmation button on gem use. I bought some for bs and rs and a few misclicks and they were wasted. I am not anxious to buy more and through them away too

Thank you

homemadesoup
11-13-13, 04:49 PM
I lost 17 gems byaccidentally hitting that button to not cook 35 items which is stupid cuz u still have to serve them, so u need a second chance to say yes i want to waste 17 gems when it takes forever to get them

budseeds
02-24-14, 10:50 AM
I truly love this game, but several times I have accidentally tapped the gem to $$coins button and instantly 100 gems were converted to coins. I was pissed I worked hard or purchased my gems outright. Please add a " are you sure" or "yes" or "No" button option like you have when you purchase gems or sell appliances/furniture

Budseeds

Nutzlady
03-17-14, 12:48 AM
When the new day starts and the 24 gem mystery boxes pop up, it takes one misclick to purchase. I have accidentally bought 2 in the last week and now only have 4 gems left. Couldn't a confirm purchase happen? I won't purchase gems with cash when misclicks and no way to stop them so easily occur. I want to choose where my gems go. :-(

wladislaw34
03-17-14, 01:14 AM
When the new day starts and the 24 gem mystery boxes pop up, it takes one misclick to purchase. I have accidentally bought 2 in the last week and now only have 4 gems left. Couldn't a confirm purchase happen? I won't purchase gems with cash when misclicks and no way to stop them so easily occur. I want to choose where my gems go. :-(

Welcome to TL world of trick to make us spend gem's

JCanary
03-17-14, 06:18 PM
When you think the popups are finally gone and you are safe to start clicking... There comes another one... I have done that before, but not too many times. The worst was when I accidently clicked to skip a goal that I was going to be done with in about an hour. I do not foresee a confirmation button since people would probably spend less gems and accident and the would lose $.

BoredOOMM
03-18-14, 10:42 PM
Close and reopen the game and it will disappear.

fenrost
04-29-14, 04:25 PM
kooky panda,

For loss of gems, players can send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

so every time a single player accidentally press the button of using gem, due to bad user interface, they have to email support to reinstate the gems? this is extremely a poor and cumbersome process players have to go through.

kooky panda
04-29-14, 04:52 PM
kooky panda,

so every time a single player accidentally press the button of using gem, due to bad user interface, they have to email support to reinstate the gems? this is extremely a poor and cumbersome process players have to go through.
The forum cannot help when a member loses gems due to accidentally clicking or issues with the game.
By sending an email to support, an agent can physically check out their game to see what happened.

Discussing support issues (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum) is private between the player and TL.
For more information on the procedures for reporting gem losses, you can start a forum dispute (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)thread and discuss with a community manager.

Lets keep the posts on topic of wanting a confirmation button.

janddolphins
04-30-14, 07:28 AM
This is something I hope happens in an update as well. I am a newer player but just in the past week lost probably 50 gems between two games because I misclick and I have tremors which makes the misclicking happen more

swansoda
04-30-14, 07:35 AM
All the story games most definitely need confirmation buttons for all actions! It sucks accidentally clicking on something. I've tapped to complete a dish or order or whatever when I didn't want to! It sucks losing gems on accident when it's so hard to gain them and I will never pay real life money for them. That's a waste of my hard earned cash.

iamthejeannie2
04-30-14, 12:41 PM
Definitely would like to see a confirmation button. Most especially when purchasing an item with gems. I too have tremors and so do a lot of my nbrs... many of whom have MS. I think it is taking advantage. Lack of support is pertinent to this discussion since lack of a confirmation button causes misclicks and errors that result in a player having to contact support for a resolution. This would be more fair to both the players and support. Players don't feel as if they have been in a manner "ripped off" and support wouldn't be inundated with "irate customers", particularly when a solution is so obvious.

Not adding neighbors at this time. Thank you.

PoisonThorne
04-30-14, 01:06 PM
I also think a confirmation button would be fabulous! It's not like it would be hard to implement, they have a confirm button asking if you really want to purchase X amount of gems.

ElaineCarrel
04-30-14, 05:56 PM
I once lost 181 gems due 2 a "misclick"/twitch. Was I upset? Very much so, but it made me learn a lesson. That's 2 b extra careful when checking things that might cause the finish a dish or finish all dishes to appear especially if I'm having trouble w my tremors/twitches that day. I always take my time when I go into either game 4 the 1st time in a day cause I've learned that there's all types of pop ups which appear and when they do they might cause me 2 lose precious gems.
I think it's highly unlikely that TL will ever install a confirmation button even though they've been given numerous pleas 4 one.

seemore123
04-30-14, 09:38 PM
The "gem confirmation button" is one of the most often brought up topics on the forum. It would go a long way for TL to respond to it's customers on this issue. The lack of one discourages converting hard currency into game currency. Why would one be inclined to when a portion of their money will all too often be lost due to the lack thereof? Personally i would never buy gems i was not immediately prepared to spend. This prevents loss due to rapid clicking but also limits my ability to take advantages of sale periods etc. Lastly, ask yourself these questions.Why don't they? And do i want to do business with a company like that?

srh267
06-16-14, 11:47 PM
Being a 46yr old parent I cannot justify spending around ?7 on an animated truffle pig - so I thought i'd try to save up half the gems then treat myself to the rest.
FAT CHANCE !!
The most gems I can manage to save before I lose them all to a random gem trap is about 12 !!!

Team lava - please see this from another perspective.
As I, for one will never be spending any real money on this game as it is far too risky and tbh I can do without the stress.
Sarah

jhehlah
06-24-14, 02:57 AM
I truly love this game, but several times I have accidentally tapped the gem to $$coins button and instantly 100 gems were converted to coins. I was pissed I worked hard or purchased my gems outright. Please add a " are you sure" or "yes" or "No" button option like you have when you purchase gems or sell appliances/furniture

Budseeds
this is same happened on me just few minutes ago...my 100 gems gone for coins....its really really really annoying...esp when i knew that i don't have much left recipes to mastered...

bobbyrae
06-24-14, 05:27 AM
Be careful what you wish for. While I support a gem spend confirmation button I do not support a call for a general gem spend confirmation button. I would like to see a confirmation for speeding up food, that gem to coins pop up, boxes and even for floor and wall decor.

I would not want a confirmation button for wall paper and tiles that cost gems, though. That would definitely not be a good thing.

danitas_sexy
10-13-14, 04:15 PM
Is it possible to move the finish recipes option? Several times, while tapping to finish one recipe, the screen with the option to finish a current recipe or all recipes pops up and whiteout knowing it I tap it and bye bye gems!!! This is so frustrating. I spend money to have fun and I feel likey gems are stolen because that option is there!!!!

zippythecellist
12-05-14, 01:43 AM
So absurd that you guys don't have this just like any other freemium game...after all the pop ups stopped, I tried to go in my inventory and ended up purchasing some stupid box instead! This is EXACTLY why I no longer buy any gems, I refuse to buy them if I cannot even be sure I get to choose how to spend them.

detroithey6
12-05-14, 04:42 PM
Yes i agree with this i saved up some gems and only spent half of them around black friday and the other day restaurant story kept popping up notifications and i made a mistake and bought a box. it would be nice if the said are you sure you want to buy this box.

Francys08
12-05-14, 06:14 PM
yes is so true we need a confirm purchase button to protect our gems.

therainbowscafe
12-06-14, 06:04 AM
Completely agree!!! We need a confirmation button!!!

freesiawoods
12-06-14, 06:24 AM
Want this of course but not hopeful of getting it. Also imo the 'recover all dishes instantly' is the biggest gem trap of all and should should be removed instantly!

Sia666
01-21-15, 12:20 PM
It's always been bad, but lately it's gotten ridiculous. I've lost so many gems for stupid stuff that no one would actually do. Like, why would I ever buy coins when I have 11,000,000??? Come on. Or finish food when I have a restaurant full?? All of the lags, popups and glitches are horrible. There have even been times that it comes up and says I finished all my ovens and takes 50+ gems from me when I am nowhere near my devices to click them to do anything with the food. But, alas. The game freezes up, lags a bit, and all of the food is done and my gems are gone. :mad:

Good thing I haven't wasted any actual money on these gems that they just take back at will.

I've been loyal to this company for a long time and am about to stop playing altogether. I've contacted their support many times to no avail.

Not happy at all.

lauraleighashby
01-21-15, 03:28 PM
I haven't been playing for long but have fallen into a few gem traps...only losing a few each time...but regardless, still was an obvious trap. I sort of get that TL or whomever sets this up so that people will lose gems and buy more (have to assume that's the plan). I bought a few when I first started, but after the trap experience, I won't pay for any more til there is a confirm button. When I am sure that I am spending on whatvI want, thenvI will purchase more. Til then, will make due with what I earn.

threepwood14
01-24-15, 07:25 PM
Gem traps are basically buttons that cost gems (that consist of "Speed up" buttons on timers, "Skip" buttons on quests or "Buy / Buy all" buttons on purchases) which give no confirmation check when pressed.
This means that it fails to ask "Are you sure?" when pressed on, in addition these buttons can appear when not expected and in some cases can be quite big like on "Skip" in some quests. They can also appear where other normal buttons exist like in the stores, so normal purchasing buttons where you spend coins are swapped with gem trap buttons in exactly the same place.

Now the problem is when you accidentally press these buttons and lose valuable gems when you didn't mean to. Normally this wouldn't be a problem however Team Lava apparently see it fit to enforce a "No Refunds" policy on most cases of accidental purchases, if not all cases.

It is not just Restaurant Story 2 where this "Gem Trap" button method has existed, some people say it's almost every Team Lava game. Whether it's intentional or not, something must be done to correct the issue.

All that we're asking is a function that says "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" with a button saying "Yes" and a button saying "No" if a button is pressed that means spending Gems.
That is not hard to implement, so why isn't it being done?

I think to be fair, Team Lava may not be aware of these Gem Traps, lets make this petition big enough to get their attention and see if they care about their customers.

mommydiner2
01-24-15, 10:23 PM
Gem traps are basically buttons that cost gems (that consist of "Speed up" buttons on timers, "Skip" buttons on quests or "Buy / Buy all" buttons on purchases) which give no confirmation check when pressed.
This means that it fails to ask "Are you sure?" when pressed on, in addition these buttons can appear when not expected and in some cases can be quite big like on "Skip" in some quests. They can also appear where other normal buttons exist like in the stores, so normal purchasing buttons where you spend coins are swapped with gem trap buttons in exactly the same place.

Now the problem is when you accidentally press these buttons and lose valuable gems when you didn't mean to. Normally this wouldn't be a problem however Team Lava apparently see it fit to enforce a "No Refunds" policy on most cases of accidental purchases, if not all cases.

It is not just Restaurant Story 2 where this "Gem Trap" button method has existed, some people say it's almost every Team Lava game. Whether it's intentional or not, something must be done to correct the issue.

All that we're asking is a function that says "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" with a button saying "Yes" and a button saying "No" if a button is pressed that means spending Gems.
That is not hard to implement, so why isn't it being done?

I think to be fair, Team Lava may not be aware of these Gem Traps, lets make this petition big enough to get their attention and see if they care about their customers.

This happened to me a couple times already on stupid tomatoes and eggs of all things!!!! I pressed too quickly, not happy but didn't bother to contact team lava because I know NOTHING will be done about it :(

bdocc
01-25-15, 09:10 AM
Well I'm sure your not the only one wanting gem traps being removed. i don't know why TL doesn't bother doing something about it. It's not any benefit to them.

kmsga
02-18-15, 08:37 PM
I have lost lots of gems for the reasons discussed above. Don't bother sending an email about accidentally clicking and loosing gems. I emailed a few days ago and they finally replied. They will not add the lost gems back.

bdhp
02-19-15, 12:05 AM
That happend with me 2 times than I requested my father than got them back.

jzstorm
03-17-15, 05:10 PM
This game constantly uses gems without confirming wether or not you want to use them. When tapping to serve your food it is way too easy to tap on finish cooking everything by mistake and half your gems are gone. Constmer support worthless as they just tell you we can't give you gems back. Horrible design flaw done on purpose so that you use gems because they think people would be stupid enough to buy them.

queentina3
03-17-15, 05:35 PM
You have to tap really slow as TL is never going to put a gem confirmation button into the games. It has been a complaint and request of all players since the dawn of time. It's horrible that it happens, but you'll have to accept it as it will never change. Sorry.

ccrispiher
03-18-15, 02:56 AM
Yes, it's so much easy to loss your gems.

NinjaMau
04-07-15, 11:45 AM
You have to tap really slow as TL is never going to put a gem confirmation button into the games. It has been a complaint and request of all players since the dawn of time. It's horrible that it happens, but you'll have to accept it as it will never change. Sorry.
I Agree:):):)

jenjibur
04-19-15, 09:10 PM
I would love to see a confirmation added when trading gems for coins. I have accidently traded gems because a finger touched the add coins area while I was double tapping a stove or tapping the design button. I just traded 100 gems this way. I was going to store some ovens & put different ones out. I hit the design button, but one of my other fingers also hit the add coins button. I tapped on the oven I wanted to put away, but that's when the trade gems for coins menu came up. So instead of selecting an oven, I traded 100 gems. This happens every so often & it's quite frustrating. I'm left-handed, so I imagine right-handed people probably don't have that happen since the coins are shown in the upper left corner. A confirmation of "Would you like to trade xx gems for xx coins?" would be great!

teammaggie
08-31-15, 07:57 PM
Enough is enough already. I'm so tired of dodging these pop-ups! Today I fell victim to it and bought something I did not want. I've heard so many people ask for a confirm purchase button which is easy to do but that's too much to ask I guess. I guess slapping your customers in their face is a better option. Sorry so frustrated! :mad:

lauraleighashby
09-01-15, 06:50 AM
It is too much to ask and they apparently do like the slapping bit. Again, this is the ONLY gaming company I have dealt with that does not use a confirm button. That says a lot.

spydre1
09-01-15, 12:49 PM
I brought the EXACT issue up to the support team - I had accidentally "misclicked" and purchased an extra catalog slot for 49 gems in Fashion Story (of course they "couldn't" - read wouldn't - refund the gems and take away the accidentally purchased inventory slot as "all purchases that use gems in game are final", but when I suggested that they add confirmation dialogue to the spending of gems, the response was they would "forward my suggestion" to the devs. Who, of course, don't pay attention to that. I mean, in the entire history of the game, how many people have had this problem (I'm assuming an large number) and I'm sure they've gotten the complaint across many of their games. I've even accidentally spent gems to finish a dragon hatching - used to be the interface was you would touch the egg, and the time was down in the bottom corner, and there was a specific button to "finish", and it confirmed (like it does when you interact with, say, an expansion in progress), but I clicked on the thing that was in the lower bottom corner, and all of the sudden I spent 12 gold to hatch the stupid egg. And I've done the gems/gold to coins thing, too.
I've been playing these games since 2013, but I don't know how long they've been around. The only reason I can't see for them to fix the problem is because that causes some players to buy the gems to replace the ones that were lost (or in the case of Fashion Story, make sure they have enough gems to buy more catalog slots to equal another outfit - which since each slot is $10 in coins, gives them $30 if three catalog slots need to be purchased, and the person didn't have enough gems to purchase one - they go buy the gems to get enough to get the slots. So maybe they like it this way - a sneaky way to make money.

Panoy18
09-15-15, 01:36 PM
That would be really grrat to have that usefull pop up before to confirm using gems.

R5FanForever1
09-15-15, 04:43 PM
This just happened to me recently... A pop-up appeared really quickly and tapped it by my mistake and ended up opening the Poppy Crate by accident. I guess I need to be careful next time. We need a gem confirmation button.

poisonedwaters
10-21-15, 09:54 AM
Be careful what you wish for. While I support a gem spend confirmation button I do not support a call for a general gem spend confirmation button. I would like to see a confirmation for speeding up food, that gem to coins pop up, boxes and even for floor and wall decor.

I would not want a confirmation button for wall paper and tiles that cost gems, though. That would definitely not be a good thing.

I agree

tularemary
10-25-15, 07:12 PM
This will NEVER be "fixed" since it is their main moneymaker...

It helps a lot to move your tapping area well away from the center of the screen, even though inconvenient sometimes. Since I started avoiding the screen center as much as possible, I haven't been ripped off even once, in months. Oh boy, hope i havent jinxed myself by saying that!

Cats4Ever59
05-24-16, 11:27 PM
kooky panda,

Thank you! I'm having a similar issue with dragon story and the finish button. There should be at least a "confirm finish" button!!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost at least 25 gold, probably more to this issue!!!!!
Discussing support issue (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)

Panoy18
05-29-16, 06:40 PM
would be nice to a confirm button. its super annoying to lost a large amount of gems.

xrebecca
12-26-17, 03:26 PM
I was redecorating and ended up accidentally spending 100 gems to buy coins, and apparently I'm not able to get them back.
Please consider adding a popup that requires you to confirm your purchase when buying coins, crates and extra ovens. This has happened to me more than once and to a lot of other players..

Ilovetodesign
12-28-17, 06:46 PM
It happened to me too recently. I was trying to ask for parts an oven.
It did have an optoon to Finish for Gems, & it took them & finished building.