PDA

View Full Version : Old Appliances Locked by Goals

Brittany2417
10-28-13, 02:36 PM
So here is a question. I use to play these games all the time, bakery story being my favorite. I recently got a new phone and didn't feel like going through the hassel of switching over my profiles so I just started fresh on Bakery Story. Now I noticed during my first play through there were always appliances that I could never get they just sat in the store locked by "goal". Now how is it fair to me as a user that I did not have the game during a certian time in the last couple of years so I complely miss out on an appliance and all the food with it? Can you not have it where we can atleast purchase these appliances with gems after its clear that we will never be able to even work the goals again? Or maybe give new players the option to complete old goals that are no longer avaible to people who had the chance to complete them? I find that it is completely unfair that they sit there but I will never be able to get that item because you never give me the chance to work the goals to get the item.

nmishii
10-28-13, 04:46 PM
Life isn't fair. If you didn't learn that before playing TeamLava games, you will when you play them.

TinksThots
10-28-13, 09:32 PM
I totally agree, it's very unfair for new players, there's way too much locked content, it's not worth starting the game anymore.

But... hassle? Not at all. Install Racing Live, spend a couple minutes getting it to level 2, another minute on the actual transfer process, and you're done. So sorry you didn't know that. :(

cathychow212
10-28-13, 11:27 PM
i can't agree more! sooo unfair! I want the soda oven, it just locked by goal. the goal that i can never finish. so sad... why not just let us continue to finish..

Brittany2417
10-29-13, 08:21 AM
I mean Team Lava has always been all about making money. Why not put a price on the item like they put a price on anything good in the game? I would not mind spending a little to get the appliance or spending some to unlock the goals to complete.... I think they need to rethink how they handle old goals.

Mochamomx2
10-29-13, 09:41 AM
When I first installed Bakery Story I was so excited because I had envisioned my store being a music cafe. I couldn't wait to unlock the musicians. But as time went on, they never unlocked. It was later that I discovered this forum and realized that I wouldn't get my dream store. I think it would be great for Team Lava to unlock previous items from time to time. I would much rather prefer it over some of the weekly updates. I'd happily pay gems for those items. It's saddening to be tortured so as I pass the items I'd rather have to get to items I have to buy just to complete goals then store them.

caroleliz1963
11-24-13, 10:51 AM
I agree I would really like the Tea Time Kettele and Oven, but these are locked. I've only been playing since August.

ElaineCarrel
12-05-13, 07:16 PM
I'm glad TL keeps these special devices "locked" by goals because I've been playing this game 4 over a yr and I've worked hard 2 earn the rights 2 these appliances. I believe or feel that if TL decides 2 "unlock" the devices then they should charge at least 25-30 gems per appliance. We weren't just given them-there were quite a few steps we had 2 accomplish b4 we could purchase them. I would luv 2 hear from other bakeries who have been around 4 awhile on their thoughts about this. I'm talking about the bakeries who've completed these challenges and received the rewards.
I sure don't believe that the rewards should ever b put up 4 purchase because that would "weaken" the whole challenge scenario. There r food rewards I would luv 2 have but since I never had a chance 2 either participate in or complete those goals they're not available 2 me.
This is just my opinion ��

nky1111
12-05-13, 07:28 PM
next season they should add these goals to the permanent set of goals and everybody will b happy

kooky panda
12-05-13, 07:43 PM
The only issue with making them permanent goals, is they will have to add them to everyone's game.
Players that have already done them will have to do them again or have the goal icon hang in their game forever.
Also a lot of times if you do not complete goals, it may keep you from getting new ones that come out later.

filochick1982
12-05-13, 08:02 PM
I've been playing since March 2012. I think old goal items that are locked should be made Available to be purchased with gems or a huge amount of coins - maybe 5 million each? Gems to unlock the goal and then more gems to purchase the item. The reason I say that is because even after completing the goal and unlocking the item, if you want more than one, you still need to pay either with gems or coins.

chewytwix
12-05-13, 08:11 PM
Okay, don't hate me guys.

I kind of like having the goals locked because it feels more exclusive for us older players, who were around then. I think TL should just remove the items from those who have it locked because it's constantly taunting them. A lot of bakeries are beginning to look the same, but these older items makes makes some bakeries more special. There will always be more beautiful items in the future.

TinksThots
12-05-13, 09:54 PM

I kind of like having the goals locked because it feels more exclusive for us older players, who were around then. I think TL should just remove the items from those who have it locked because it's constantly taunting them. A lot of bakeries are beginning to look the same, but these older items makes makes some bakeries more special. There will always be more beautiful items in the future.
I kinda agree with that, but have you seen the appliances tab in a newly-started game lately? I didn't count, but saying there are more locked than unlocked wouldn't be too far off, and I don't think it's fair to penalize players for not knowing the game existed in time. :/ For decor, absolutely, keep it exclusive, but stoves/recipes are the main source of gems for a lot of people, and there are a LOT of lost gems in those locked stoves. Yeah, there will be more to come, but when they come one at a time, they're precious, ya know? :-)

As far as removing them from view when they don't get unlocked, the game itself won't allow that. Not easily, anyway. Unless they wanna sit there and go through each individual game manually to see what's locked for that person and block view of it (not mentioning possibly having to reverse all that later if things change!), it's either remove it for everybody or just leave it sitting there. Otherwise, those who did unlock it would lose access, because the icon would be gone for them too. :-(

hiralhg
12-05-13, 11:18 PM
I totally agree with tinkthots.... I hate to see that i cant earn gems thru locked ovens as i earn them thru mastering recipies n not buy them.... Imagine how many gems lost !!!!

TinksThots
12-06-13, 01:51 AM
It wouldn't take that much programming on that clipboard to open up old goals to new players. Any goals to all players, really. Just a revamping of the options...

1:) Choose a goal set and launch it. Musical, halloween, tea time, 2012 xmas, whatever. Every step, timer and all, the same way everyone else got it. Once it's been launched though, that's it - complete the set in the given time frame, or don't get the prizes. No do-overs, no repeats, one shot, that's it. The difference is the voluntary start time - no more losing out when circumstances beyond your control keep you from playing during whatever time those goals are released, since now you're releasing them.

2:) Skip a goal set completely. Not for gems, just to un-clutter the clipboard. Again, no do-overs, no repeats, one shot, that's it. Skip a set, it never comes back. That makes it your choice to regret, not your "too bad, so sad" when that was the month you were hospitalized, or at camp, or whathaveyou.

TL can't know what everybody's up to, and everybody is never going to be available at the same time, so picking one time that works for everybody is impossible, especially considering 'everybody' is growing every day. A new game looks pretty bleak if you start it with the knowledge that you can never have most of that locked stuff. As the amount of locked content grows, something's got to change, or that's all the design tabs will eventually consist of... :/

bobbyrae
12-06-13, 06:34 AM
It wouldn't take that much programming on that clipboard to open up old goals to new players. Any goals to all players, really. Just a revamping of the options...

They already know how to do it since there are goals available to every new player, including the sweet co set of goals.

I can understand the desire for exclusivity. That is why there are Limited offers. I can understand removing old seasonal decor to make space for new seasonal decor. But to lock appliances will never make sense to me. I just deleted a neighbour because she kept sending me parts for an appliance i have no access to. I do not even know which of the locked appliances the parts would build either.

bobbyrae
12-06-13, 06:37 AM
Darn...hit send accidentally.

I felt bad for deleting her. She probably sees that I have decor and ovens from two years ago and assumes i had unlocked that appliance. But i had stopped playing and missed those goals. If it is that chewytwix's suggestion were to be accepted then the appliances should be removed from the game entirely for all players. Otherwise it will always create confusion when older players send or request parts for locked appliances.

TinksThots
12-06-13, 07:30 PM
That's why it makes no sense at all that there's no real info in the game. There's nothing in the gift box or the appliances tab to show what parts build what, or ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING ANYWHERE IN THE GAME to give anyone any kind of clue, other than trial-and-error and getting deleted and lectured. That's not a fun way to learn a new game, but that's the way every newbie gets introduced to it all, and that sucks.

rosewaterlily
12-06-13, 09:38 PM
I totally agree with tinkthots.... I hate to see that i cant earn gems thru locked ovens as i earn them thru mastering recipies n not buy them.... Imagine how many gems lost !!!!

That's exactly the point of the ovens being locked (and recipes being taken away from the oven and drink machine at the beginning of the year), so new players can't get a large number of gems for free. TL wants new players to BUY gems. If they kept every old recipe and appliance available to new players, too many would be available to earn for TL's desired economy. If I were them and trying to make money, I would make old goals unlocked for gems, to see how many people would go crazy at the lack of completeness in their games and spend gems to unlock old floor decor and recipes.

ohdiscordia
12-08-13, 01:27 AM
I stopped playing over a year ago, right before goals were released for Android. I started over a few months ago on my new device, with no idea about any new log in process, since I didn't think to check the forum first. The lack of ANY information/direction in the game is ridiculous, it's straight up laziness on TL's part. If you don't think to Google for help and find these very helpful forums, you're pretty much screwed. How would else would you know half the stuff in the catalog is gone forever? There is no reason old goal stuff should show up in brand new games, and I don't think its because they would have to take it away from all players. There are plenty of online games with limited edition items, and the players who have them, have them without them being in everyone elses game. If they aren't ever going to be made available to new games, they should be deleted. If that means you can't keep building them indefinitely after the goal period, so what? They are limited, after all.

As far as offering them for insane amounts of gems, aren't we robbed of gems enough as it is?

TinksThots
12-08-13, 01:48 PM
...There is no reason old goal stuff should show up in brand new games, and I don't think its because they would have to take it away from all players. ...

...If they aren't ever going to be made available to new games, they should be deleted. If that means you can't keep building them indefinitely after the goal period, so what? They are limited, after all.
It's in the programming - They'd either have to through each game individually and remove what will never be able to be unlocked, or remove those items entirely. Meaning that even if you did unlock it, yours would be gone too.

ohdiscordia
12-08-13, 07:25 PM
It's in the programming - They'd either have to through each game individually and remove what will never be able to be unlocked, or remove those items entirely. Meaning that even if you did unlock it, yours would be gone too.

I see what you're saying and have said re: programming, but like I said, I just think that its sloppy. Also, I don't think it would be the worst thing to clear old goal recipes and appliances. It'd clean up the menus, which are already crowded and tough to navigate through, and probably wouldn't hurt overall performance. I'm not saying they should just erase them, but they could give you all say, a month to master the last of the recipes and clean em out for new goals and stuff!

kaykee69
11-16-14, 12:01 PM
I'm glad TL keeps these special devices "locked" by goals because I've been playing this game 4 over a yr and I've worked hard 2 earn the rights 2 these appliances. I believe or feel that if TL decides 2 "unlock" the devices then they should charge at least 25-30 gems per appliance. We weren't just given them-there were quite a few steps we had 2 accomplish b4 we could purchase them. I would luv 2 hear from other bakeries who have been around 4 awhile on their thoughts about this. I'm talking about the bakeries who've completed these challenges and received the rewards.
I sure don't believe that the rewards should ever b put up 4 purchase because that would "weaken" the whole challenge scenario. There r food rewards I would luv 2 have but since I never had a chance 2 either participate in or complete those goals they're not available 2 me.
This is just my opinion 😳

You wanted to hear from an old timer, so here I am. I have played BS since 2 months of the the game start. There have been times due to family members illness or life situations that I have had to step away from the game. Whether for lack of wifi, work, life being more important, I have missed out on some appliances that I would love to enjoy with everyone else. I am not only willing to pay with gems, but have actually spent a good bit of money already. I would like these appliances unlocked or at least pay with gems to complete the steps to unlock them so all can play. There are only 3 of my original friends in my list that started with me at the time and have faced same situations and would like them unlocked...paid or not...gems or coins. Unlock the appliances please team lava!
Thanks,
ID: kaykee69

ElaineCarrel
11-16-14, 06:33 PM

I don't feel that anymore needs to b said where old challenges R concerned. TL is releasing a few of the old challenge ovens for those who asked for them I think it's only fair to the older players that the actual challenges aren't relealsed

Y someone dug up a old thread from December 2013 im not sure. It is what it is..

KadeeDid
11-16-14, 07:21 PM
The only issue with making them permanent goals, is they will have to add them to everyone's game.
Players that have already done them will have to do them again or have the goal icon hang in their game forever.
Also a lot of times if you do not complete goals, it may keep you from getting new ones that come out later.

Can't they program it to only give the goals to those who have not completed them? Or give an option to delete the goal from your goal list?

stine0720
02-14-23, 11:52 AM
i can't agree more! sooo unfair! I want the soda oven, it just locked by goal. the goal that i can never finish. so sad... why not just let us continue to finish..

Im not sure why I am spending so much time and effort or money to get a new oven, when once I do you only get 1 food item. They show the others items as we know, but why can't I earn them at least?

AnnirasSweets
02-14-23, 12:46 PM
Im not sure why I am spending so much time and effort or money to get a new oven, when once I do you only get 1 food item. They show the others items as we know, but why can't I earn them at least?

If you want to know what recipes will be open to you when you purchase an appliance, I recommend checking the CookBook & Recipe Guide (link in my signature). It shows every appliance and recipe in the game as well as which recipes will be locked due to past goals. This way you'll know if you feel it to be worth you efforts before you spend your coins and waste efforts building the appliance which I find to be helpful!

And, don't forget that there's the new Echo version of the appliances which offer access to the past goal content. Yes, they're much pricier than standard appliances but for players want certain recipes very badly, at least there is now an option of choosing.