PDA

View Full Version : 4 Versions of Farm Story

Kapua79
07-18-10, 02:41 AM
Hey Guys,
Do you folks know what the difference is between the 4 iphone apps: Farm Story Summer, Farm Story Snap, Farm Story Flowers, and Farm Story? I'm confused...

TongaTom
07-18-10, 03:03 AM
First came Farm Story, followed by Farm Story Flowers and Farm Story Snap. The most recent release is Farm Story Summer.

Basically, each one is an update to the previous version. So you just need Farm Story Summer.

Gruncle
07-19-10, 06:19 PM
Though Farm Story Summer is said to be the most recent version, it appears not to provide gifting to Neighbors. That function seems to be available only in the Original version.

Gruncle
07-19-10, 06:21 PM
Also, it appears that to buy flowers as crops, you need to use Farm Story Flowers.

Hawk 8
07-19-10, 06:21 PM
Though Farm Story Summer is said to be the most recent version, it appears not to provide gifting to Neighbors. That function seems to be available only in the Original version.

You are right, Farm Story began sending their updates in new versions that you downloaded and then deleted the old, but with the new update they updated the original version and now you can delete the others. I dont know why they did it this way, but we are back to the original with the original version having all features to date.

Gruncle
07-19-10, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Hawk 8! I thought I was going a little crazy, since the different versions appeared to be changing their capabilities.

I just checked and Farm Story [Original] now includes the Take Photo function, flowers, and rotate function that used to be available only in other versions. So it looks like Original is the version to use now.

Unregistered
10-02-10, 07:12 AM
I guess I originally downloaded Farm story summer, and kept reading about gifting and stuff but weren't able to use that function, then I downloaded City Story, and in one of the pop up promotions I saw farm story again, so I downloaded it and voil?, i got gifting and much more... can I safely delete my old farm story summer without loosing my progress in the game giving that now I'm only using farm story original?
Thanks!

deadpix
10-02-10, 09:25 PM
I guess I originally downloaded Farm story summer, and kept reading about gifting and stuff but weren't able to use that function, then I downloaded City Story, and in one of the pop up promotions I saw farm story again, so I downloaded it and voil?, i got gifting and much more... can I safely delete my old farm story summer without loosing my progress in the game giving that now I'm only using farm story original?
Thanks!

Yes you can. Your game is saved on their server, not your device, so you can delete the other versions without fear.

Unregistered
10-03-10, 05:21 AM
Yes you can. Your game is saved on their server, not your device, so you can delete the other versions without fear.

Thanks you!