PDA

View Full Version : Question on trying to sell between accounts

AlexanderRex
10-26-13, 02:18 PM
I was having more luck gathering maps for expansion on my phone game and was selling them with my iPad open and quick clicking when they showed up but recently they are being bought before they even show up in the store of my phone character. Are people able to program to auto purchase certain items? I've lost 10+ items at very low prices this way... Just don't understand how that happened 3 times in a row... Thanks for any info :)

igames4me
10-26-13, 02:26 PM
Maybe sync issues?
Or it may just be those items are high in demand

mamareader02
10-26-13, 02:37 PM
I've had the same problem trying to supply my larger iPad farm from my little phone farm,it's just bad luck,not a bug

mamareader02
10-26-13, 02:40 PM
And this is why people want to be able to safely sell items to a specific neighbor without "bandits" swooping in and grabbing the item

AlexanderRex
10-26-13, 02:41 PM
It would be great if we could share specific items securely.

kooky panda
10-26-13, 03:27 PM
Most of times I am pretty successful selling myself items . ( I have lost a few )What I do:

I force close out my main game.

I then go to my other game with the extra items.
I put the items in my market to sell (i use no more than 2 slots) Also make sure you uncheck the promote button.

I then quickly go to my main game and open it up go to my nbr list, find my game then buy the items.

I find by force closing out my main game first, when I reopen it I usually will be able to buy the items first.

I only do this once a day. If I go back in a few hours to try to sell again I seem to lose those.

AlexanderRex
10-27-13, 03:13 AM
Well....I tried your suggestion this morning and lost 6 maps - am so discouraged...people must be able to program auto buy ....items weren't promoted. No other items were for sale... The account has no other neighbors... And the listing never even came up for sale for me... I kept refreshing.... Whole process took less than one minute. :(. What a shame

wassupbaby
10-28-13, 01:59 AM
hahaha lol so glad i'm not the only one that *****s with FS2 =)) and yes i have the same issue.

patisu
10-28-13, 05:43 PM
I think it's a "timing" thing. I have been sniped several times. So far, I have had the best luck with this method. (iOS)
1. Close out and force close the app on game you want to use to BUY
2. On same device, open app, close "Messages" window & slide over to Newspaper but do NOT open yet.

3. On device you are SELLING on, load item(s) into Your Shop....
4. Once you hit SELL, immediately open Newspaper on receiving device, chose seller, and BUY.

I used to use Kooky's method but depending on where I am in the house, my phone gives me the forever spinning wheel...and sometimes it doesn't load at all!

patisu
10-29-13, 04:30 AM
Sorry! I left out one important detail! In step 4, once you hit SELL, you must close out of "seller's" app. Then jump to buyer and item should be there.

Rockinkitten
10-29-13, 06:15 AM
I did this too and it's upsetting but those buyers aren't bandits or snipers, they just see an item for sale and innocently buy it! One extra thing you can do is make your items as expensive as possible.

It would be great if we could have private sales, even if it was just one item a day. Or if we were able to choose the gift we want to send! Most gifts I get are wheat or coins, not overly useful!

mamareader02
10-29-13, 08:43 AM
I did this too and it's upsetting but those buyers aren't bandits or snipers, they just see an item for sale and innocently buy it! One extra thing you can do is make your items as expensive as possible.

It would be great if we could have private sales, even if it was just one item a day. Or if we were able to choose the gift we want to send! Most gifts I get are wheat or coins, not overly useful!
Sorry if you were offended by my "bandit"comment-was meant for Kooky who has called herself a bandit.we all know people aren't PURPOSELY "snatching" items,it just feels that way,of course they have no way of knowing they're interrupting a private sale,it's just very frustrating and we would like an option to privately sell.and pricing high does no good when you're selling build items,I don't think most of us even look at the price when we see those for sale,it's buy first,check coin damage later,lol!:)

Paquin0711
10-29-13, 01:43 PM
Ya, the social tab,,,,thats the culprit. Try to make sure that the game ur wanting to sell the parts from does NOT have a social rating. So no hearts. If it has hearts....its going to be seen easier in the social tab. And thats a good place for map hunters to filter thru.....so try to raise ur lvl in the fake account as well, cuz hunters will also scope out the low lvl accounts in the social tab, as they are usually the ones who will sell the premium parts, without realizing how important they really are.

Rockinkitten
10-30-13, 11:07 AM
pricing high does no good when you're selling build items,I don't think most of us even look at the price when we see those for sale,it's buy first,check coin damage later,lol!:)

That's very true! :D

I wasn't offended, I have invented a few new swear words myself when a private sale goes wrong. I've stopped trying it now.

ginrae22
10-30-13, 11:13 AM
If we were able to gift specific items that would solve the issue too. We wouldn't make a profit but we always like helping neighbors so it would be really helpful. Maybe one of these days it'll happen. But I'm totally lost on what steps you all were talking about, I'm, assuming you mean if you have two accounts what's the best way to sell things to your other account without people snapping them up first? I've only got the one so I won't worry about it.

mamareader02
10-30-13, 01:13 PM
That's very true! :D

I wasn't offended, I have invented a few new swear words myself when a private sale goes wrong. I've stopped trying it now.
Lol,I think we've all had a few words slip out,thank god my son is at school so he can't see mom have a fit!

mamareader02
10-30-13, 01:16 PM
If we were able to gift specific items that would solve the issue too. We wouldn't make a profit but we always like helping neighbors so it would be really helpful. Maybe one of these days it'll happen. But I'm totally lost on what steps you all were talking about, I'm, assuming you mean if you have two accounts what's the best way to sell things to your other account without people snapping them up first? I've only got the one so I won't worry about it.
That's exactly what we are harrumphing about!(and it's also about trying to help our fave neighbors,but thankfully,in my case,my neighbors are quick to snap up requested items)

patisu
10-31-13, 07:02 AM
Yes, didn't mean to offend! My son says "sniper" so much...that it just started to fit in to how I felt when "robbed" :) I am sure I benefitted from a few private sales too...esp. when it's a great price!

Rockinkitten
11-01-13, 01:25 AM
I want offended, just wanted to make it sound less bad (for myself too) when it happens. It is annoying, but when you think someone does it maliciously it's worse!

Rockinkitten
11-01-13, 01:25 AM
And I can only imagine how many times I've ruined someone's private sale!

jukester2
11-01-13, 06:13 AM
And I can only imagine how many times I've ruined someone's private sale!

:D

I was thinking the exact same thing as I read through this thread. I don't recall finding documents for lower prices than the max (or maybe $170), but I sure do grab them as soon as I see them!