PDA

View Full Version : Glimmerbat time limited?

dizzy7373
10-26-13, 10:09 AM
I have just finished the Adventure to get the spooky glimmer rocks, unfortunately I only got 1, so does this mean the adventure drops 1 rock per trip, so another 4 days of adventuring to get all the rocks.
I only have 6 days to complete the goals and reading through the upcoming quests, there is one more adventure after this to get the glimmer bat.
Do I need to spend gems to speed up these tasks as the time left is very close to how much time is allowed to complete it.
Also are the rocks and glimmer bat a definite drop on each adventure, or are they rare drops so it will take more than the 4 adventures to get 4 rocks?

Edit(KP)

The Glimmerbat is a limited item. Once the quest expires, it will no longer be dropped from the Adventures.

mikado86
10-26-13, 10:30 AM
Spooky Glimmer rocks drop rate is over 100%

http://s10.postimg.org/h63du4s2h/2013_10_25_10_38_55.png

Glimmerbat is not 100%

dizzy7373
10-26-13, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the pic, I just finished the adventure for the first time and only got 1 rock, I had presumed before doing the adventure that you would get all the rocks in 1 adventure as the text just says get it from adventure, rather than adventures.
Then I only got 1 and so got worried that it would only drop 1 each time.
Still going to be tight timewise though

BriarAvenue
10-26-13, 11:40 AM
I got 3 in my first collection too, now waiting for the 2nd collection. Will keep you posted.

BriarAvenue
10-26-13, 02:58 PM
Got remaining 2 in the second collection fyi

HighfieldGrandDuchess
10-27-13, 02:26 PM
Which adventure is needed for the glimmerbat? Is it the Ancient Vault or the Dark Caves?

plby
10-27-13, 02:40 PM
Spooky Glimmer rocks drop rate is over 100%

This far it looks like 100% to me. Two adventures, on rock each time... Just sent the knights out a third time, and hoping for three rocks from this one :)

plby
10-27-13, 02:40 PM
Which adventure is needed for the glimmerbat? Is it the Ancient Vault or the Dark Caves?

The ancient vault adventure

ghjvcucjb
10-27-13, 04:06 PM
Do we have to send out more than one vault adventure to get the bat. My knights just came back and no bat. The goal shows a check mark on "adventure to the ancient vault" but like I said, no bat.

Queenzod
10-27-13, 05:53 PM
Do we have to send out more than one vault adventure to get the bat. My knights just came back and no bat. The goal shows a check mark on "adventure to the ancient vault" but like I said, no bat.

Mine got the check mark as soon as I sent them out this morning, and I hopefully assume you get the bat. It doesn't say it might take several times, but I don't know yet. I'm just confirming your check mark. :)

kooky panda
10-27-13, 07:21 PM
I have been on two adventures and no bat yet:(

rosewaterlily
10-27-13, 08:23 PM
No bat from my first vault adventure at the castle, but I got one from my adventure in the barracks.

ghjvcucjb
10-27-13, 09:00 PM

Ohhh, ok. At least I'm in good company. Not sure why but when you and Maguar post that you're in the same boat as the rest of us, I feel comforted and less panicked!

dragoniakingdom
10-27-13, 09:13 PM
Just sent out my 3rd - no bat here either yet.

cad33
10-27-13, 09:53 PM
What happens if time runs out before you get the bat? Can you still get the bat w/o the quest rewards? Or does it become impossible to ever get the bat?

Castloninian
10-27-13, 10:51 PM
What happens if time runs out before you get the bat? Can you still get the bat w/o the quest rewards? Or does it become impossible to ever get the bat?
I would really like to know that too. So far only 2 rocks from 2 adventures. I don't mind if it takes time and if I don't get quest rewards but I don't want to miss out on the bat.

naiel_nn
10-27-13, 11:41 PM
I finished the 1st vault advanture and no bat!! I am doing it again through the Barracks and will see..

maguar
10-27-13, 11:46 PM
I've asked what happens when the time runs out. Will let you know what I hear.

Castloninian
10-27-13, 11:57 PM
Thank you!

sayapiko
10-28-13, 12:53 AM

Thanks a lot.
I also want to know whether I still can have a chance to get glimmerbat or not after quest times runs out.

queentina3
10-28-13, 04:50 AM

Same with me for my iPad game. My iPhone game got the bat on the first try. That game also has 2 alicorn's while my iPad only has 1. LOL

kooky panda
10-28-13, 05:03 AM
No bat from my first vault adventure at the castle, but I got one from my adventure in the barracks.
Oh good to know. My adventure from barracks is due back in a few hours. Fingers Crossed !!

katbtodd
10-28-13, 07:30 AM
I got all my rocks and have had for two days,,, I keep sending castle out..I'm not getting the bat,,, it's timed,,, we only have so much time,, I done everything,, just NO bat just waiting on the castle or the barracks to bring me my bat!!running out of time here,,,

jimboser
10-28-13, 08:30 AM
Still collecting rocks here too, 5 days left. Should have the last of my rocks tomorrow, and when I adventure again for the bat, by the time my knights return I will have 3 days left. Hopefully, the bat is easy to get and doesn't take too many tries?

This goal had a very short window, and with a major quest line just having started, I'm sure a lot of folks were still catching up on that and were delayed (like me) getting the bat quest going.

What would have been nice was to set the limit just for the Habitat, and after that, eliminate the timing to complete the quest.

ginrae22
10-28-13, 09:47 AM
yeah this is way too quick for something that you have to keep repeating 1 day adventures for. I'm soooo far behind it's crazy and bumming.

jimboser
10-28-13, 11:38 AM
Should have mentioned, I still have neighbors requesting Spooky Deadwood. There's no way they will be able to complete this quest if they are still that early on in the process.

PikaSquirrel
10-28-13, 11:55 AM
The Glimmerbat is a limited item. Once the quest expires, it will no longer be dropped from the Adventures.

dw9893
10-28-13, 12:16 PM
My glimmerbat dropped.. an orange... yeah.. well at least its not just coins and exp =D

Castloninian
10-28-13, 12:33 PM
Oh grumble, I was hoping that would not be the case... I only get 1 rock at a time and goodness knows how long the bat will take. Reluctant to buy rocks with gems when I am not even sure I will get the bat in time anyway.

TastyCakeBakery
10-28-13, 12:38 PM
Has anyone found out how to get the glimmerbat? I have also done the adventures and no bat.

tigarlilyvol
10-28-13, 01:13 PM
I finally got my bat on 5th adventure. Now back to glimmer gate, sending knights out.

meme1098
10-28-13, 01:25 PM
Oh darn ...so if you've gone on 5,6 adventures (that's 5, 6 DAYS of work) and the goal expires, you just sol? That just doesn't seem fair at all if the goal is unattainable.

cad33
10-28-13, 01:37 PM

I appreciate the info
3 days got me 4 rocks. So I'm not even done with rocks. I will basically have 2-3 chances to get bats and that's it. :(

cad33
10-28-13, 01:38 PM
I should add, that I'm saving my gems up for the Barracks but due to various gem traps; just don't have the necessary gems to get Barracks and so I can't dual quest like some people can.

katbtodd
10-28-13, 01:50 PM
Oh darn ...so if you've gone on 5,6 adventures (that's 5, 6 DAYS of work) and the goal expires, you just sol? That just doesn't seem fair at all if the goal is unattainable.

No it doesn't,,, the goal should of been finishes out bat habitat the prize should of been the bat

maguar
10-28-13, 02:29 PM
Should have mentioned, I still have neighbors requesting Spooky Deadwood. There's no way they will be able to complete this quest if they are still that early on in the process.

It's possible that they were over enthusiastic and sent the request to all their neighbours. So if you got one 3 days late you know they sent it to at least 60 neighbours.

llamafarms
10-28-13, 02:35 PM
Third adventure, no bat. Not cool being limited when it's a random drop. :(

belbar22
10-28-13, 02:37 PM
I didn't get any rocks or bats from my adventures. Does it matter what adventure they go on?

maguar
10-28-13, 03:03 PM
The description of the rocks when they're in your inventory says from deep within the ancient vault so I'd stick to that adventure.

plby
10-28-13, 05:11 PM
This far it looks like 100% to me. Two adventures, on rock each time... Just sent the knights out a third time, and hoping for three rocks from this one :)

Got two, better than one at least. Sent the knights out from both the keep and the barracks this time, lets see if they can find both the last rock and the bat:) Suspect I'm gonna be pretty peeved if I don't get the bat before the goal expires...

dragoniakingdom
10-28-13, 07:39 PM
My third adventure has just returned & was excited to see the gift box........an anvil :(.

Just sent out adventure number 4,fast running out of time.

I hope it's not a Halloween where we only get the trick & not the treat!

Castloninian
10-28-13, 11:34 PM
Yay, 3rd adventure brought 3 rocks so now the hunt for the bat is on. Would the bat come in one of those gift boxes or does it come with the big wave of stuff?

dizzy7373
10-29-13, 12:00 AM
Got 1 spooky rock from 1st adventure, then 2 rocks in 2nd adventure, so I bought the other 2 to complete it.
Sent the next adventure out and no bat......
After seeing how many adventures it took me to get the alicorn wing, I just paid the 50 gems to buy the bat.
I do enjoy this game, but putting in a time limited quest with a random drop rate is not cool.
I have 300 gems left, I will see what happens over Christmas, if the same tactic comes in again, then as far as I am concerned then team lava have shown us the future of the game, and that is a step too far.

katbtodd
10-29-13, 01:12 AM
Got 1 spooky rock from 1st adventure, then 2 rocks in 2nd adventure, so I bought the other 2 to complete it.
Sent the next adventure out and no bat......
After seeing how many adventures it took me to get the alicorn wing, I just paid the 50 gems to buy the bat.
I do enjoy this game, but putting in a time limited quest with a random drop rate is not cool.
I have 300 gems left, I will see what happens over Christmas, if the same tactic comes in again, then as far as I am concerned then team lava have shown us the future of the game, and that is a step too far.
You still have 4 days to try,,,

katbtodd
10-29-13, 01:13 AM
5 adventures no bat yet yes people how does he come..in the little box or what????

katbtodd
10-29-13, 01:15 AM
My third adventure has just returned & was excited to see the gift box........an anvil :(.

I was thinking the same thing,,,, may be he will be release to us all Halloween morning

tigarlilyvol
10-29-13, 01:53 AM
Yay, 3rd adventure brought 3 rocks so now the hunt for the bat is on. Would the bat come in one of those gift boxes or does it come with the big wave of stuff?

Not in a box

katbtodd
10-29-13, 02:15 AM
Not in a box

Laughing a little of Dr. Seuss here

caius76
10-29-13, 06:16 AM
Also up to the point of waiting for the bat to drop. I hate to think about the amount of resources I'll have put into the goals and upgrading the structure so far, to be stuck with a building that gives 200 coins every 10 hours...

chickensitas
10-29-13, 06:50 AM
You still have 4 days to try,,,

And my gems dissapeared..........once again....this problem of the gems that just go......im thinking, and its sad to say, but this game is comming to its end for me, i cant still feelling so frustated each time i play....the point is to be an entretaintment......dont u think s0? By my friends it was a pleasure!!! So so sad......so sad....

katbtodd
10-29-13, 06:56 AM
And my gems dissapeared..........once again....this problem of the gems that just go......im thinking, and its sad to say, but this game is comming to its end for me, i cant still feelling so frustated each time i play....the point is to be an entretaintment......dont u think s0? By my friends it was a pleasure!!! So so sad......so sad....

Yes agree it should not be frustrating , but entertainment ,, are you on a iPhone or pad. , I have a pad and use a stylus. To help against gem traps,,, if they are just disappearing,,, complain to team lava and hopefully they can find out the problem

meme1098
10-29-13, 08:39 AM

Knights just got back, too, but nada, ... Again .... Lost track now how many trips they've made. They're probably just riding out & playing cards or dice in the dark recesses of the woods out of everyone's view. They're going in the dungeon of the castle soon if they don't bring that darn bat back next time.

Also, agree with dizzy about having a time limited goal with a -rare- random drop not being cool. Looks like a lot of us are gonna be having bat habitats sales.

katbtodd
10-29-13, 09:00 AM
Knights just got back, too, but nada, ... Again .... Lost track now how many trips they've made. They're probably just riding out & playing cards or dice in the dark recesses of the woods out of everyone's view. They're going in the dungeon of the castle soon if they don't bring that darn bat back next time.

Also, agree with dizzy about having a time limited goal with a -rare- random drop not being cool. Looks like a lot of us are gonna be having bat habitats sales.

Yes I thinking your right on the huge sale we have on bat habitats,,, it will be a Black Friday sale..,

jumperjing3
10-29-13, 09:18 AM

So basically what you are saying is that if we can't get the bat within the next 3 days we are stuck with a half built hideous looking habitat that serves no purpose except coins? How fair is that?

mikado86
10-29-13, 09:30 AM
So basically what you are saying is that if we can't get the bat within the next 3 days we are stuck with a half built hideous looking habitat that serves no purpose except coins? How fair is that?

You can always put it into the storage.

TinksThots
10-29-13, 10:11 AM
You can always put it into the storage.
That makes it even less fair - it won't even earn coins from there, after all this work.

JayUK69
10-29-13, 10:42 AM
I don't know whether it's a coincidence or not, but this has worked for me.

When waiting on specific drops from adventures, I always collect when first opening the game. My adventures are always ready to collect first thing in the morning, my game is always closed properly at night. Collect your adventure as soon as you open the game, it doesn't matter if it drops energy as the excess energy still registers above your 40 limit. I have managed to get most of the specific items on first or second collection. This works for me on both my iPad and iPhone versions of the game. May be worth a try if you're running out of time.

AuntyRose32
10-29-13, 10:57 AM
It's disappointing that there is a time limit to this goal because of the random drop rate of the items needed to complete it. I think there will be a lot of disappointed players, myself included. I'm starting to think I shouldn't have bothered with it and saved the resources I used on it for something I could actually achieve....sigh :/

Triple_K
10-29-13, 11:22 AM
Gosh I hope I get him soon, I would be pretty upset and disappointed if I don't get my bat :( If its time limited then we should've gotten the bat on the first adventure.
I'm also stuck on my other goal as I have no adamant *sigh*

Triple_K
10-29-13, 11:24 AM

When waiting on specific drops from adventures, I always collect when first opening the game. My adventures are always ready to collect first thing in the morning, my game is always closed properly at night. Collect your adventure as soon as you open the game, it doesn't matter if it drops energy as the excess energy still registers above your 40 limit. I have managed to get most of the specific items on first or second collection. This works for me on both my iPad and iPhone versions of the game. May be worth a try if you're running out of time.

Hmm I never knew the energy is added, I thought I would loose them. Will definitely try this next time. I usually use up my energy then collect from my castle. Thanks for sharing the tip! :)

katbtodd
10-29-13, 11:35 AM
Hmm I never knew the energy is added, I thought I would loose them. Will definitely try this next time. I usually use up my energy then collect from my castle. Thanks for sharing the tip! :)

Going to have to try this too

jimboser
10-29-13, 01:08 PM

Anything I collect when I first open the game is invariably lost as soon as the game syncs with the servers. I no longer collect anything immediately after opening the game, instead waiting about 15 seconds for the game to do its thing, and I'm fine.

Your mileage may vary.

kooky panda
10-29-13, 02:49 PM
Anything I collect when I first open the game is invariably lost as soon as the game syncs with the servers. I no longer collect anything immediately after opening the game, instead waiting about 15 seconds for the game to do its thing, and I'm fine.

Your mileage may vary.

If you force close your game(or restart your device) first, then when you game loads up you should be able to try Jay's theory.
You will get an out of sync if you leave your game running, then come and start tapping before your game can "wake up" and sync up with the servers.

JayUK69
10-29-13, 03:00 PM
If you force close your game(or restart your device) first, then when you game loads up you should be able to try Jay's theory.
You will get an out of sync if you leave your game running, then come and start tapping before your game can "wake up" and sync up with the servers.

That's what I meant, I force close my game and any other apps running on my devices, so when opening in the morning it starts the game and no sync issues.

meme1098
10-29-13, 04:00 PM
I always force quit all my games at night when done. Then in the morning when I open a game, I always visit a nbr first & gift or tap a request. Then return to my kingdom, restaurant or boutique to collect coins, etc. do the same during the day as well.

journeysmom
10-29-13, 07:31 PM
I got the glimmer bat on my third ancient vault excursion. Got cought low on strawberries,so I am growing them now, and then my last part of the quest should be done.

I think the being able to temporarily add energy beyond forty was a relatively recent update (well, a couple months ago), because it was not always that way.

dragoniakingdom
10-29-13, 07:37 PM
Just tried this,afraid still no bat for me.

With hardly any time left & it has already delayed continuing the main adventure (finishing the glimmergate),my choice now is do I hope that the last 2 days produce a bat,forget about it & store the habitat or buy the bat.

It has taken the enjoyment out of the game by being so random on a limited time event.

BriarAvenue
10-29-13, 10:50 PM
I got mine in the 3rd adventure. I thought I didn't, but when I check my inventory, it's there.
So I went on with the upgrading, and then it shows in the habitat.
Also, when it's time to collect, the bat "disappears" again and shows once I collect.

journeysmom
10-29-13, 11:12 PM
The bat is a hyper active little thing.....anyone know what "you will find" when you clean his habitat?

katbtodd
10-30-13, 01:56 AM
That's what I meant, I force close my game and any other apps running on my devices, so when opening in the morning it starts the game and no sync issues.

Force closed every thing last night. Shut down the iPad, , last night. Woke up,,, started my iPad,,,, went into castle. ,, click the castle first,,,, got my bat,,,, and your right you do not lose energies we use too ,,, when I first started , been playing almost a year now thank you thank you thank you, good advice ,,,

maguar
10-30-13, 02:55 AM
The bat is a hyper active little thing.....anyone know what "you will find" when you clean his habitat?

You'll find fruit that he's missed. Mine seems to dislike oranges as they're the main ones I've found.

Castloninian
10-30-13, 03:01 AM
You'll find fruit that he's missed. Mine seems to dislike oranges as they're the main ones I've found.
While I'd love to have the bat, because I don't like things unfinished, I don't know if it is worth spending 50 gems on. I have all three fruit trees so don't really need more fruit... decisions, decisions. Still, another few days to try and get it via adventures.

JayUK69
10-30-13, 03:18 AM
Force closed every thing last night. Shut down the iPad, , last night. Woke up,,, started my iPad,,,, went into castle. ,, click the castle first,,,, got my bat,,,, and your right you do not lose energies we use too ,,, when I first started , been playing almost a year now thank you thank you thank you, good advice ,,,

So glad it worked for you. It may well be a coincidence, but it seems to work for me.

lmowa
10-30-13, 03:20 AM
I am on my fourth adventure to the vault, no glimmerbat! Can someone confirm that is how to get the bat?

JayUK69
10-30-13, 03:21 AM
I am on my fourth adventure to the vault, no glimmerbat! Can someone confirm that is how to get the bat?

You can either get it from the Adventure to the Vault quest, or when you have the 5 glimmer rocks, you can purchase the bat for 50 gems. These are the only two ways of obtaining it.

jimboser
10-30-13, 06:47 AM

I've got my 4th and 5th adventures going now, still no bat. Clock is running out on the random drops... :(

kahleesi61
10-30-13, 06:57 AM
I'm on my third adventure to vault and so far, no bat! Good to see I'm not alone. HAVE TO HAVE BAT! Will be very disappointing if we end up not getting it.

ginrae22
10-30-13, 10:01 AM
yeah I don't think I'm going to make it either. All of these timed things in ds and now this in castle...just let it be a normal 30 something day goal like everything else...I don't need the bat for what it's giving I just want it! REally badly.

froltojo
10-30-13, 06:40 PM

Interesting!! My knights are on their third try for the bat so tomorrow morning I'll try and remember to do the same. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

ratandrooster
10-30-13, 07:56 PM
4th adventure to be collected today, so far still no bat :(

Castloninian
10-30-13, 10:26 PM
Tried the close down method but still no bat. I am now however the proud owner of a pumpkin hutch. Well that softened the blow ;). I think I only have one more shot at this, if I don't get the bat tomorrow morning I'll have to buy it or leave it.

dragoniakingdom
10-31-13, 12:09 AM
Tried the close down method but still no bat. I am now however the proud owner of a pumpkin hutch. Well that softened the blow ;). I think I only have one more shot at this, if I don't get the bat tomorrow morning I'll have to buy it or leave it.

I also did the force close method for both 4th & 5th adventures - no bat.

I caved in when adventure number 5 produced no bat & bought it.....not pleased,but my other quest (the glimmergate) was getting way behind as I only have the Castle to send out the knights.

I wish you good luck with this adventure & hope that it brings you the bat & that you don't have to do what I did.:(

I am now starting to dread what the Christmas event may be & really...really hope it's not another *random drop* event.

sabrinashal
10-31-13, 12:44 AM
hi

i have a Glimmerbat question

if i cant get the Glimmerbat on time can i still buy it for 50 gems?!

or when the time will ran out i can do even that?!

i think i can but just wanna be sure :P

maguar
10-31-13, 02:24 AM
hi

I think if you're up to the upgrade that requires it you should still be able to buy it.

katbtodd
10-31-13, 02:50 AM
I also did the force close method for both 4th & 5th adventures - no bat.

I caved in when adventure number 5 produced no bat & bought it.....not pleased,but my other quest (the glimmergate) was getting way behind as I only have the Castle to send out the knights.

I wish you good luck with this adventure & hope that it brings you the bat & that you don't have to do what I did.:(

I am now starting to dread what the Christmas event may be & really...really hope it's not another *random drop* event.

You can't send out barracks to glimmer gate adventure the option not there

katbtodd
10-31-13, 02:53 AM
Interesting!! My knights are on their third try for the bat so tomorrow morning I'll try and remember to do the same. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

Hope it worked.. Told my friend harmony it worked for her,,, I got the idea from jay uk

dragoniakingdom
10-31-13, 03:47 AM
You can't send out barracks to glimmer gate adventure the option not there

Sorry,did not make myself clear.
I don't have the Barracks,so had to use the Castle for the bat,meaning it was tied up & could not be used for the Glimmergate goal.

llamafarms
10-31-13, 06:42 AM
I gave up and used gems. :(

minndom
10-31-13, 06:50 AM
I managed to get it on my 2nd or 3rd attempt. -I spent gems on the rocks, though.

jimboser
10-31-13, 07:14 AM
I tried the trick of collecting from the castle after opening the game fresh. I turned my iPad off, back on, opened the game, collected from the Castle and the Barracks. I got a Dragon Statue (my 2nd) and a Scarecrow (my 7th). No Glimmerbat!

That was my 4th and 5th adventure. Two days left, starting my 6th and 7th adventures for this darned thing.

Random sucks.

katbtodd
10-31-13, 07:25 AM
Sorry,did not make myself clear.
I don't have the Barracks,so had to use the Castle for the bat,meaning it was tied up & could not be used for the Glimmergate goal.

Yes my glimmer gate adveture was but on hold too ,,, sent out yesterday got one shard,,, and on they go again today,, wonder how many ,, times it will take

meme1098
10-31-13, 09:31 AM
Wow...Thks TL...finally got the bat. Couldn't tell you how many times the lazy knights went out, 5 or 6.
Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else to get theirs & hoping TL does the right thing by making sure those still adventuring get theirs before time runs out.

PikaSquirrel
10-31-13, 11:43 AM
hi

Yup, you'll still be able to get it with Gems :)

elaur
10-31-13, 12:40 PM
It's ridiculous to have a timed adventure that is random. I guess it's a way to make more money. I started playing again just to find out that it's random AND timed. That's ridiculous.

elaur
10-31-13, 12:44 PM
This is usually a relaxing game not a stressed because I CAN'T get something within a certain time period.

jimboser
10-31-13, 01:49 PM
This is usually a relaxing game not a stressed because I CAN'T get something within a certain time period.

Indeed. Especially when folks are trying their hardest but the random drops aren't cooperating. I'm on my 6th and final adventure hoping the the bat, my countdown is now showing 23 hours remaining, and my knights return from their 6th adventure in just over 15 hours.

ginrae22
10-31-13, 02:19 PM
Yep. THey should extend the timer.

froltojo
10-31-13, 02:43 PM
I tried the trick of collecting from the castle after opening the game fresh. I turned my iPad off, back on, opened the game, collected from the Castle and the Barracks. I got a Dragon Statue (my 2nd) and a Scarecrow (my 7th). No Glimmerbat!

That was my 4th and 5th adventure. Two days left, starting my 6th and 7th adventures for this darned thing.

Random sucks.

Nope! Didn't work for me on the fourth adventure to caves. So far I've got Alicron horn (yay) then overgrown bench, then nothing and this morning after doing the force close first....another overgrown bench! Woop dee doo! NO fun at all. And no sign of dragon scales from the dragon either. Very unhappy!

ratandrooster
10-31-13, 05:31 PM
I get so many benches and no alicorn parts and definitely no glimmerbat :( Anyhow I'll see if I can get the bat on my last collection in 12 hours' time and that'll be the last time for me this goal.

tollerach
10-31-13, 08:39 PM
Ive been working on this quest the entire week. I havent wasted any time between sending out adventures on both my castle and my barracks. I didnt have much luck with they rocks and i havent gotten the bat. Im not going to finish this quest due to the random nature of the adventure drops.

This doesnt make any sense. If you have bad luck with the drops you cant complete the quest. No way im spending gems to complete a quest that might not be possible to complete on time.

This needs to be fixed.

freesiawoods
10-31-13, 09:37 PM
Glad to have my bat but empathise with those who can't without spending gems. TL should at least warn people of this possible outcome before we all start building the habitat so we can decide to opt out or not. Just smells like a way to make us spend gems. I mean in real life, who would build a habitat, upgrade it at high cost and only then venture out to see if they can catch the critter that goes in it??

ashanthya
10-31-13, 09:39 PM
So, my last Ancient Vault adventure came back with NO BAT. My countdown says I have 15 hours to complete the goal. That is NOT enough time to go on another adventure since it takes 22 hours to complete an adventure! Does this mean I don't get the bat, because I didn't get the random drop in time? This is so unfair, I don't have words! This has made me very upset and very frustrated.

vednir
10-31-13, 10:43 PM
Look at the dragon story forum. Time limited quests are a weekly occurrence there. TL wants that sense of urgency so you pay them money.

treesway
10-31-13, 10:44 PM
So, my last Ancient Vault adventure came back with NO BAT. My countdown says I have 15 hours to complete the goal. That is NOT enough time to go on another adventure since it takes 22 hours to complete an adventure! Does this mean I don't get the bat, because I didn't get the random drop in time? This is so unfair, I don't have words! This has made me very upset and very frustrated.

I also am so very disappointed to have put this much effort into building & upgrading the habitat, sending the knights out and not being able to obtain the bat. My knights just returned without the bat and now there's not enough time left. Seriously? TL, you must be joking. Is it really just a ploy to make a few bucks?

TinksThots
10-31-13, 11:02 PM
Look at the dragon story forum. Time limited quests are a weekly occurrence there. TL wants that sense of urgency so you pay them money.
That's bank, baby. People will break down and buy that bat. Many, many people. It's cold, heartless, and insanely profitable. :|

koiju
10-31-13, 11:08 PM
Same prob here, no bat from 3 adventures I have the nights out now but they won't return before the timer expires, so a funky hab and no bat! If you 'skip' for gems do you get a bat? Or just finish the quest and still have an empty habitat?

ratandrooster
10-31-13, 11:26 PM
That's bank, baby. People will break down and buy that bat. Many, many people. It's cold, heartless, and insanely profitable. :|

i'm not so batty that i'll break down. lol

infinitelove19
10-31-13, 11:37 PM
I didn't get the bat in time with quests. Was thankful for a new "download this game & get gems" goal, so I was able to buy the bat without having to spend any real $$$

Having a heck of a time now finding enough red petals for the skunk solvent for Sabine, after using them all for the glimmerbat habitat. Just bought 18 tall grasses & only got ONE red petal. URGH!!! Want red flowers!!!!!!

Castloninian
11-01-13, 12:04 AM
No bat. I don't even care much about the bat but to think of all those hard needed resources put into a building that is now incomplete. It took gems, sweat and tears to get the red petals and I've pretty much wasted them. And to see how many more we'll need later on makes me very sad. Would be great to have an option to return the habitat and get all your resources back!

Castloninian
11-01-13, 12:19 AM
I did just get a goal for something like 'slots' which I haven't downloaded or played but it gave me 30 gems for it. Perhaps TL's peace offering??? Anyone else had that?

vitriolicheart
11-01-13, 01:53 AM
I did just get a goal for something like 'slots' which I haven't downloaded or played but it gave me 30 gems for it. Perhaps TL's peace offering??? Anyone else had that?

Oh I got it but I didn't get the offer of Gems. I never do.

katbtodd
11-01-13, 03:38 AM
I didn't get it

katbtodd
11-01-13, 03:49 AM
Please. Can some body answer this,, as long as your castle is out,, and due back a few hours after dead line,, is there a chance ,, to get,the bat,, so ,,repeat as long as your castle was sent out.. ,,please answer here some body. , that would give so many hope of a last chance ,,,

vitriolicheart
11-01-13, 05:08 AM
Please. Can some body answer this,, as long as your castle is out,, and due back a few hours after dead line,, is there a chance ,, to get,the bat,, so ,,repeat as long as your castle was sent out.. ,,please answer here some body. , that would give so many hope of a last chance ,,,

There is a chance. If you're like me though you won't get one at all.

elaur
11-01-13, 05:21 AM
The slots would be great but some of us already did that one a year ago.

I can't believe this is the way castle story is going.

katbtodd
11-01-13, 05:52 AM
The slots would be great but some of us already did that one a year ago.

I can't believe this is the way castle story is going.

I didn't get slot either... But your right,, we got it about a year ago,,,

Castloninian
11-01-13, 06:08 AM
I didn't get slot either... But your right,, we got it about a year ago,,,
Ah ok, it did seem a bit strange because I didn't download or play anything this time but I am not complaining. Not that I think I will use those gems towards the bat though.

Perry9877
11-01-13, 06:27 AM
I am totally gutted by this quest! Although why I thought I had an ice cube's chance in Hades just boggles the mind. I still have not gotten the proper parts for an Alicorn or even something as trivial as a Pumpkin Patch. Having sent platoons from Castle and Barracks, I had hope. My knights return to the Barracks an hour before deadline, but I almost want to just turn off my device and forget about it. About all of the Storm8 games, really. There are real world stressors enough like a second round of radiation coming up and hubby's been laid off. I thought I had Halloween ( my fave holiday ) quest fun coming along, but this is like a huge sign from Storm8 saying "yeah, there are 1,000 people lined up behind you dying to spend money, so piss off and move along." *sigh*

jimboser
11-01-13, 06:46 AM
New thread started for this as a possible bug: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?60692-Glimmerbat-from-Ancient-Vault-Glitch&p=770952#post770952

Post your 'Me Too' over there please.

Lizzivirus
11-01-13, 10:28 AM
I wonder when is the actual cut-off time for glimmerbat? I sent my knights to the ancient vault last evening noting that I have 1 day left. I am appalled when I just noted that the quest has expired 4 hr before the stipulated time. My knights will only return in about 3 hours later. I stayed up all evening to wait for this. Please let us know if the quest has truly expired at this point in time.

meme1098
11-01-13, 11:02 AM
Wow...first make it virtually impossible to complete the goal with a time limited random drop & then nerf the clock to dump the goal hours earlier then it's actual deadline. Way to alienate all your players, TL. I'm still dumbfounded by this move, and wonder who's idiotic idea it was to put a time limit on a goal with such a horrible random drop.:confused:

glimmergate
11-01-13, 01:30 PM
Hey everyone, there was a bug that caused the Limited Time quests to expire 3 hours before intended.

Because of this, we've extended the expiration time until midnight tonight. The bug is still in effect, so the quest expiration time says it ends at 3AM, but the quests will disappear at midnight.

UnknownRacer
11-01-13, 04:33 PM
I'm just going to do what was suggested put it in storage and forget about it....the game- that is.

This is screwed up....I will rate the game before I go away though... ;)

Lizzivirus
11-01-13, 05:27 PM
Just woke up after hours of waiting. Thanks for resolving the glitch! My troops came back with the little one this morning after the expiry of quest! ��That's the worst Halloween joke I ever had.

morgaine2005
11-01-13, 06:28 PM
I have to add my voice to the general disappointment with the way this quest line played out. I sent my knights out at least 3-4 time and didn't get the bat. I ended up paying 50 gems to get him this morning (when I had less than 10 hours on the quest); then, when I realized that there was STILL MORE to it, I shelled out another 20 gems to speed up the time to collect from the bat. So that's 70 gems down the tube.

Look, TL, I get it. You need us to spend gems if you're going to be able to turn a profit, feed your families, and put gas in your Ferraris. But would it be too much to ask for you to be upfront about the gem cost next time? Charge the gems for the habitat, then improve the drop rate for the bat and glimmer rocks on the quests? Letting players get to the penultimate step in a time-limited quest, then effectively telling them that they won't be able to complete the quest unless they pay gems does not win you loyal, repeat customers.

It gets you deleted apps and one-star ratings in the app store.

grammies01
11-01-13, 07:37 PM
Okay.. so I spent the bucks for some gems to get the glimmerbat and the gems have not shown up.. it says they need to be downloaded?? how do you "download" them after purchase??
thanks

cloudsail
11-01-13, 08:45 PM
I have to add my voice to the general disappointment with the way this quest line played out. I sent my knights out at least 3-4 time and didn't get the bat. I ended up paying 50 gems to get him this morning (when I had less than 10 hours on the quest); then, when I realized that there was STILL MORE to it, I shelled out another 20 gems to speed up the time to collect from the bat. So that's 70 gems down the tube.

Look, TL, I get it. You need us to spend gems if you're going to be able to turn a profit, feed your families, and put gas in your Ferraris. But would it be too much to ask for you to be upfront about the gem cost next time? Charge the gems for the habitat, then improve the drop rate for the bat and glimmer rocks on the quests? Letting players get to the penultimate step in a time-limited quest, then effectively telling them that they won't be able to complete the quest unless they pay gems does not win you loyal, repeat customers.

It gets you deleted apps and one-star ratings in the app store.

You can buy the bat with gems after the quest expires, and there's really no need to speed up the collection to complete that last bit, it doesn't get you anything other than some coins and exp.

sunnybabi1986
11-01-13, 09:34 PM
You can buy the bat with gems after the quest expires, and there's really no need to speed up the collection to complete that last bit, it doesn't get you anything other than some coins and exp.

Is this confirmed? Can we actually purchase the Glimmerbat to complete the habitat after the timer is up? Still haven't collected the bat and I'm out of time, but I will have enough gens to purchase the bat in a few days....am I still in the clear for purchasing said cute lil bat?

cloudsail
11-01-13, 10:50 PM
Is this confirmed? Can we actually purchase the Glimmerbat to complete the habitat after the timer is up? Still haven't collected the bat and I'm out of time, but I will have enough gens to purchase the bat in a few days....am I still in the clear for purchasing said cute lil bat?

Yes, a staff member said so earlier either in this thread or the update thread, I'm too lazy to look for it.

And I would replace the word "cute" with "hyperactive". I think they need to slow down the flying speed of that thing, he makes me dizzy.

luna1001
11-01-13, 10:51 PM
Not fair, because when it did expire for the first time, I had already collected from castle, got not spooky glimmer rocks, sent the knights out again. This time extension is ridiculous. Do a decent 24 hour extension and I guess there will be happy players.

Hey everyone, there was a bug that caused the Limited Time quests to expire 3 hours before intended.

Because of this, we've extended the expiration time until midnight tonight. The bug is still in effect, so the quest expiration time says it ends at 3AM, but the quests will disappear at midnight.

Castloninian
11-01-13, 11:48 PM

Woohoo, I got the bat this morning and have heard of someone else who did too. Think there are quite a few more happy people today. Thank you.

rene2222
11-02-13, 03:17 AM
Hi...i only have 7 hours to get the bat from my adventure. How could i meet the quest in getting the bat when it take 1 day for the knight to come back! This is ridiculous...

elaur
11-02-13, 07:07 AM
Woohoo, I got the bat this morning and have heard of someone else who did too. Think there are quite a few more happy people today. Thank you.

Yes but just because it worked out for some of us doesn't mean it's still not totally whack.

vitriolicheart
11-02-13, 09:21 AM
Yes but just because it worked out for some of us doesn't mean it's still not totally whack.

Agreed. I did get mine this morning thanks to the extension but it's not a good idea for a random drop on a time limited adventure.

ratandrooster
11-02-13, 10:43 PM
no bat for me. i think it's ok though, it'd be boring if everyone has the same thing in their kingdoms. i sent the knights out about 5-6 times and no bat. i got the glimmer rocks easily so i thought the bat would come easy too. my kingdom is Versailles, some of you might be my neighbour :) i still love this game, the only one that doesn't bore me.

FatherDino
11-25-13, 07:25 AM
Well, what a waste of time that turned out to be. I was unable to collect all of the Glimmer Rocks due to an illness where I was hospitialized and I didn't want to use my iPad in the hospital and have it grow legs when I was out for tests. So when I got home, I have tried about 10 trips out with my adventurers and got nada. So I wasted all the time, effort and materials to get a pile of rubbish that sits there and earns me hardly anything for the effort and time I put into it. So I guess that line of tasks for me is out the door. I can't get Oranges, Apples or Lemons without it (Sir Pigglesworth gives them randomly but also gives every other item), so I have hit a dead end as far as a lot of tasks are concerned. It seems so unfair that the item just disappears and can't be found anyplace. When the items are such a major piece for a series of future tasks, there should be alternative ways of getting them. That and the limited ability of earning gems and KEEPING them have really got me questioning my decision to get this involved in the game.

ghjvcucjb
11-25-13, 02:57 PM
no bat for me. i think it's ok though, it'd be boring if everyone has the same thing in their kingdoms. i sent the knights out about 5-6 times and no bat. i got the glimmer rocks easily so i thought the bat would come easy too. my kingdom is Versailles, some of you might be my neighbour :) i still love this game, the only one that doesn't bore me.

Sorry you didn't get the bat. If its any consolation, I and several of my neighbors don't even collect from it any more because of it's neurotic flying is just too much. So although it was loads of fun to accomplish, it just sits unused. Will probably end up putting it in storage soon.

ghjvcucjb
11-25-13, 03:02 PM
Well, what a waste of time that turned out to be. I was unable to collect all of the Glimmer Rocks due to an illness where I was hospitialized and I didn't want to use my iPad in the hospital and have it grow legs when I was out for tests. So when I got home, I have tried about 10 trips out with my adventurers and got nada. So I wasted all the time, effort and materials to get a pile of rubbish that sits there and earns me hardly anything for the effort and time I put into it. So I guess that line of tasks for me is out the door. I can't get Oranges, Apples or Lemons without it (Sir Pigglesworth gives them randomly but also gives every other item), so I have hit a dead end as far as a lot of tasks are concerned. It seems so unfair that the item just disappears and can't be found anyplace. When the items are such a major piece for a series of future tasks, there should be alternative ways of getting them. That and the limited ability of earning gems and KEEPING them have really got me questioning my decision to get this involved in the game.
Sorry to hear about your hospital stay. Hope you are recovering well. Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but i dont think the Glimmer bat really affect any other task whether you get it or not. So don't worry that you've hit a dead end for future goals and tasks. ITA the gem traps are really irritating.