PDA

View Full Version : How'd you usually expand - with gems or coins?

luincristiel
10-26-13, 06:38 AM
Expanding is expensive - but then you can expand to the max size with 80 gems.
I just save up to that point (I don't intend to buy them with real money any time) and am wondering if I should do it....

So how'd you guys do it?

crystal6789
10-26-13, 02:05 PM
I have used both, but the 2 expansions with gems were on accident. :( I was glad I hadn't used real money for the gems or I would have been really upset. Don't get me wrong... It made me mad that there wasn't a confirm button for the gem expansion (but there is when you sell an item?!). I just would rather spend my gems on items to decorate. I've been baking like crazy to save up gems again -black Friday is coming! :)

MsBrookeNicole
10-26-13, 02:38 PM
Coins only. Almost at the 400K expansion and I am itching to get there so I can decorate. I stored all my cute stuff and put my bakery on efficiency mode until I get there and have more room before I go crazy.

I'm not entirely opposed to buying gems, but I refuse to spend my own money on gems until they do a confirm button- too many gem traps. I just recently wasted a gem on brownies. I was irritated enough, but it would have been worse if I had spent actual money.>_>

sls0991
10-26-13, 03:28 PM
"Expanding is expensive - but then you can expand to the max size with 80 gems." Who told you this? You are not allowed to skip expansions, even with gems. I've tried, believe me. To completely expand with only gems, it would cost you well over 600 gems. I have expanded with both gems and coins, but it's so freaking hard to earn coins in this game. I have so much food and even go days and weeks without cooking to sell out, but it just doesn't happen. I'm constantly under a million coins just from doing goals and I don't even go crazy with decorations either. It just sucks. I've accepted the fact that in order to expand more than once per freaking year, I'll have to use gems.

nky1111
10-26-13, 03:51 PM
why is it hard? 1M ~= 1 week, doing it the lazy way.
so until 30M or so there's no reason to use gems.
as for the higher expansions, if you use gems you're left with millions of coins THAT HAVE NO USE because theres no stuff to buy with that much coins. all the good stuff is gems. so... i'd stay at smaller size and use gems for better things.

twospoons
10-27-13, 03:24 AM
coins only, of course, but i've actually given up expanding anyway - so much more relaxing, i always have tons of coins for when i want to redecorate, and it always seems like anyone past a certain size splits their bakery into several areas, where i prefer a uniform theme for the whole thing. and yeah, if i have more than one large decoration out (like now, with all the halloween stuff & the pirate final prize because halloween is the only appropriate time for pirates) i can't have the full complement of tables, but again, who cares, because i always have tons of coins! go small!

LalaSmooth
10-28-13, 03:25 AM
I used gems on both my previous expansions

Azriemw3
10-28-13, 04:03 AM
Just use coins don't waste your coins for the new best thing in the future

tennysonrobin
10-28-13, 04:54 AM
I use coins only, gems are for buying good stuff, but the price is insane here in BS. in RS I'm saving for 4 expansions in a row (cost me 14 M in total) but in BS I'm saving for only next expansion which costs me 12 M already. The bad thing is that in BS they tend to give us nicer decorations so I'm afraid there will be no space for the upcoming quests. But there's no way I'm gonna use my little precious gems that I've been earning like crazy ;)

srg70
10-28-13, 07:55 PM
I only use coins. I'm saving for my 30mill expansion!

Mariomanhl
10-28-13, 10:45 PM
I would expand using my coins,
supposing that to me, that gems
are valuable.