PDA

View Full Version : Recipes/ovens likely to be removed

gdmcrjunkie
10-25-13, 09:48 PM
There has been a lull in my bakery lately, no goals and nothing I'm working on at the moment. I've seen mention of content being removed without notice, so I want to take precautions now that I have the chance. I need suggestions from those of you who are more familiar with the removal process - which recipes should I work on first? Which ovens are more likely to be removed?

Azriemw3
10-26-13, 01:55 AM
No oven from my catalogs been remove

TinksThots
10-26-13, 08:33 AM
Anything holiday-related, especially ones that haven't just always been there. Anything with a seasonal feel to it. That's what went last time. But a whole bunch of others did too that didn't make sense, so there's really no telling. Here's my thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59070-The-Content-Removal-Debacle-of-2013) on it, with links to last time. Your guess is as good as mine on what might go or when, since TL doesn't respect us enough to reply to me, but that was expected. So, in a nutshell... no clue. Sorry. *shrug*

nmishii
10-26-13, 09:13 AM
Yeah, last year they said they were going to remove holiday content. For the most part, they did. They also removed content that had nothing to do with holidays and left a couple of things in that was holiday related. They said they wouldn't remove recipes from constructables but removed candy canes. They said they wouldn't remove recipes that were mastered but did. So anything goes.

if something is holiday related to you, work on those. And any non holiday recipe released on the same day as holiday content, since they seem to remove by release rather than by what makes sense.

TinksThots
10-26-13, 10:45 AM
I'm working on what gets me gems fastest, which means starting with recipes closest to level 2 on constructables, going from newest to oldest, holiday-est to generic-est, then from closest to level 4 down to the level 3's, half my appliance slots on one machine, half on another, on two different cook times to save tapcooking overload on my finger, while also trying not to have to add counters any more often than I have to, so it's a very tricky balance, and all of it determined by what times I need them to have for my real-lifing. I'm probably not the best person to ask on this one really, because I also change my mind several times a day.

minidemon88
10-26-13, 11:47 AM
Honestly speaking, they will remove whatever recipe/appliance they like. Just look at what they did last year and you'll get some ideas. The best way is to master every seasonal appliance(valentine, Christmas, thanksgiving, Halloween and etc) and also all the seasonal recipe on the regular appliance. Plan your playing wisely before the dateline hit us once again this year. Sigh~ :(

gdmcrjunkie
10-26-13, 01:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your input! The holidays here are very different so it's hard for me to decide what's holiday content and what isn't, but it appears TL's selection process for what to remove is baffling either way :D I'll take a look at that link and hopefully choose the right recipes~

kvoeller
10-26-13, 02:10 PM
I wasn't around for removal last year, but I have been making a list of stuff to purchase/master that I think is likely to be removed. For Valentine's Day, I have mastered the cocoa cream muffins, valentines cookies, and heart coffee. I'm sure the heart tables and chairs will be gone as well. For St. Patrick's Day, definitely build as many of the lucky ovens as you want to have because I think that oven is for sure going to be a goner. The clover tables and chairs also came out around then so buy as many as you want to have. For Mother's Day, I'm guess the motherly oven will be removed as well, along with the mother's dinner floor decoration and Mother's Day flowers. I don't know this for sure, but I am guessing that anything that was released for android via a special edition will be removed from the regular iOS game in January as well. In addition to the Mother's Day edition and St. Patty's edition, the Summer edition and Fall Sweets editions have been released for android as well (and maybe some others, I'm not sure). You can do a forum search on those to view the items released in the updates and see if it's stuff you want to purchase before the end of the year or if you want, I can PM you a list of items I know came out with those editions. (But again, I'm not sure what will be removed...then again, no one is.) And of course, anything and everything Halloween related is very likely to be removed. I also am preparing for the removal of any appliance/decor that came with a set of goals this year. If you play restaurant story or fashion story as well, let me know if you want my list of stuff I think is going to be gone in those games :).

kvoeller
10-26-13, 02:15 PM
Oh and I forgot to add that here in the US we also have the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays coming up and that stuff will probably be removed too. Sorry to offend you if you are from the US, it just kind of seemed like from your last post that you might not be :).

nky1111
10-26-13, 03:56 PM
yeee the Christmas shopping is something!! the stuff stays for just a week or so.. b sure to have enough coins and gems)))

gdmcrjunkie
10-26-13, 04:34 PM
Oh and I forgot to add that here in the US we also have the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays coming up and that stuff will probably be removed too. Sorry to offend you if you are from the US, it just kind of seemed like from your last post that you might not be :).

No you're right, I'm not from the US :) It'd be great if you can send your list, it's just what I'm looking for! Bakery only, please.

twospoons
10-27-13, 03:28 AM
i think i read somewhere that ios already lost the podium cake, where android didn't, so i mastered that on the assumption that android would lose it.

do they remove recipes from special appliances? i thought they just took away the appliance itself, so you couldn't build more, but if you already had that appliance you could still make whatever was on it. i've only been working on main oven stuff, and just building and storing other appliances without baking from them!

nmishii
10-27-13, 09:40 AM
iOS lost the podium cake because it was part of a goal. At the time android didn't have goals, and got nothing. That was the first set of goals where they did something for android - they released the goal stuff to us as regular stuff, so we got to keep it.

teamlava had always said that the recipes on constructable appliances would not be removed. However, they went against their word last year and removed candy canes from a constructable. They never once responded to all the questions and comments from all the people asking about that action, and there were a lot. So it's most likely the recipes will remain, but like everything else, you never know. In the case of the candy canes, that was a recipe added a few weeks after the appliance was originally released the year earlier, and they haven't released new recipes on constructable since, so the recipes should remain. But again, teamlava likes to throw in surprises by going against their word or SOP, so who knows?

kvoeller
10-31-13, 09:17 PM
No you're right, I'm not from the US :) It'd be great if you can send your list, it's just what I'm looking for! Bakery only, please.

Sorry for the incredibly long delay I have been working a lot the past few days. Here is the list I've been working on of still from the holiday editions. I copied/pasted from a note on my iPhone so sorry for the messy format.

V day: rose ovens, heart tables and chairs, rose tables and chairs, rose counter, pink carpet tile, valentine counter, rose wallpaper, valentine menu, valentine shelf, rose cake, love heart tile, golden heart wallpaper, valentine display, love game, heart planter, kissing booth
St. Patricks day: clover tables and chairs, paddy print wall decor, lucky oven, St paddy puppy, clover counter, lucky wallpaper, Irish spring wallpaper
Mother's Day edition: motherly oven, Mother's Day dinner, Mother's Day flowers
Fourth of July: Americana table, Americana chair, independence print wallpaper, independence wreath, patriot puppy, 4th of July cheesecake (floor decor), liberty lady, rockets wallpaper, independence floor tile, Americana counter, Uncle Sam table, constitution table, constitution chair, Uncle Sam chair, independent print wall decor, wall rocket wall decor, celebration flag wall decor, circle stars floor tile, presidential tile, Uncle Sam counter, star spangled wallpaper, stars wallpaper
Bakery story summer picnic edition: summer table and chairs, bakery picnic, summer picnic, berry picnic, picnic blanket wallpaper, sun quilt tile, basket counter
Bakery Story fall treats edition: cookie tile, chocolate strawberry wallpaper, strawberry lamp, jellybean jar counter, girder counter (?), teapot loveseat, cupcake balloon, hot
chocolate fountain

gdmcrjunkie
11-01-13, 02:59 AM
Sorry for the incredibly long delay I have been working a lot the past few days. Here is the list I've been working on of still from the holiday editions. I copied/pasted from a note on my iPhone so sorry for the messy format.

I thought you might be busy, which is why I was waiting for the weekend to ask again :) Thank you!

myferngardens
11-01-13, 07:49 AM

V day: rose ovens, heart tables and chairs, rose tables and chairs, rose counter, pink carpet tile, valentine counter, rose wallpaper, valentine menu, valentine shelf, rose cake, love heart tile, golden heart wallpaper, valentine display, love game, heart planter, kissing booth
St. Patricks day: clover tables and chairs, paddy print wall decor, lucky oven, St paddy puppy, clover counter, lucky wallpaper, Irish spring wallpaper
Mother's Day edition: motherly oven, Mother's Day dinner, Mother's Day flowers
Fourth of July: Americana table, Americana chair, independence print wallpaper, independence wreath, patriot puppy, 4th of July cheesecake (floor decor), liberty lady, rockets wallpaper, independence floor tile, Americana counter, Uncle Sam table, constitution table, constitution chair, Uncle Sam chair, independent print wall decor, wall rocket wall decor, celebration flag wall decor, circle stars floor tile, presidential tile, Uncle Sam counter, star spangled wallpaper, stars wallpaper
Bakery story summer picnic edition: summer table and chairs, bakery picnic, summer picnic, berry picnic, picnic blanket wallpaper, sun quilt tile, basket counter
Bakery Story fall treats edition: cookie tile, chocolate strawberry wallpaper, strawberry lamp, jellybean jar counter, girder counter (?), teapot loveseat, cupcake balloon, hot
chocolate fountain

Girder counter was from that crazy labor day update we got the Wednesday AFTER labor day. It included the caution cone chairs and hard hat table. I know there was more, but can't remember. I think there was a floor tile, blue with a star...hmm.

kvoeller
11-01-13, 07:55 AM
Girder counter was from that crazy labor day update we got the Wednesday AFTER labor day. It included the caution cone chairs and hard hat table. I know there was more, but can't remember. I think there was a floor tile, blue with a star...hmm.

Thank you! I couldn't remember what update that was released with and I was too lazy to look it up.

myferngardens
11-01-13, 07:59 AM
Found it! Add the Labor day update to your list. :)
Hard Hat Table - 9,000 coinsTraffic Cone Chair - 3,000 coinsWall Rocket (wall decor) - 5,000 coinsUSA Donuts - 10 gemsUSA Dalmatian - 20,000 coins******d Stars (wallpaper) - 2 gemsLabor*Day Tile - 7,000 coinsGirder Counter - 8 gems

kvoeller
11-01-13, 08:05 AM
Found it! Add the Labor day update to your list. :)
Hard Hat Table - 9,000 coinsTraffic Cone Chair - 3,000 coinsWall Rocket (wall decor) - 5,000 coinsUSA Donuts - 10 gemsUSA Dalmatian - 20,000 coins******d Stars (wallpaper) - 2 gemsLabor*Day Tile - 7,000 coinsGirder Counter - 8 gems
You are awesome! Can you think of any other "holiday" content with the possibility to be removed? It's better to be safe than sorry.

bobbyrae
11-01-13, 09:17 AM
teamlava had always said that the recipes on constructable appliances would not be removed. However, they went against their word last year and removed candy canes from a constructable. They never once responded to all the questions and comments from all the people asking about that action, and there were a lot. So it's most likely the recipes will remain, but like everything else, you never know. In the case of the candy canes, that was a recipe added a few weeks after the appliance was originally released the year earlier, and they haven't released new recipes on constructable since, so the recipes should remain. But again, teamlava likes to throw in surprises by going against their word or SOP, so who knows?
That candy cane business was one of the messiest things ever. It was not handled properly at all. But then that is the way things are handled around here unfortunately.

The way i look at it is this: Try to master everything as quickly as possible. If you can't do that then at least try to get to level 2 on most of the recipes and then work on getting to level 4 after that. As nmishii says, teamlava likes to throw in surprises. Anything goes. So expect anything to happen.

kvoeller
11-01-13, 10:03 AM
That candy cane business was one of the messiest things ever. It was not handled properly at all. But then that is the way things are handled around here unfortunately.

The way i look at it is this: Try to master everything as quickly as possible. If you can't do that then at least try to get to level 2 on most of the recipes and then work on getting to level 4 after that. As nmishii says, teamlava likes to throw in surprises. Anything goes. So expect anything to happen.
The great candy cane fiasco was before my time but from the thread I read about it on here, it was quite ugly. I agree with you about trying to master anything you can. I'm glad I found the forum right after I started playing because those threads about holiday content removal were still pretty active so it helped prepare me. Just to be on the safe side I am also buying any decor I like (that I can afford) just in case it is removed. Anything goes with TL so who knows what they will take. This is my question for you long time players-- all of the holiday recipes were supposedly removed in Jan, but when I scroll to the end of my ovens I can still see the molten cake and recipes like that locked by goal. Are you still able to make them (provided that you did indeed unlock them)? Can anyone speculate on why they didn't disappear with all the holiday content? I've just been curious about it. I know I should stop trying to make sense of it, but it just seems weird to me that all other holiday recipes were removed but those remained.