PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Replays Are Bugged

MediusSyberia
10-25-13, 04:01 AM
I got a PM earlier from someone asking if summoners were really a dominant strategy because they couldn't understand why a top player like Ragnarok would hack the game if he already had a dominant army and could win anyway. So I did a few tests to see if I could find anything and unfortunately I think Ragnarok may have been punished by mistake (see: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59050-Major-Hacks-Updates-Needed&p=764807&viewfull=1#post764807).

In that post he was reported for winning with only 38% damage and had an army including summoners.

A few hours ago I was attacked by "champs royal kingdom" without the quotes with a full army of summoners/mages. He won taking 30 crowns off me (please nerf those summoners already lol) and when I watched the replay he got about 77% on me. So far all good.

However to do some tests, a little while ago I went to watch the replay again to see what happened. When doing so a very strange thing happened. The battle ended with him only getting 20% damage on me and no troops left alive.

So I watched it again, this time he got 46% against me and the battle ended while several of his troops were alive.

And then I watched it several more times, fast forwarding at different points (sometimes I fast forwarded the whole battle, other times the first half or the second half, etc.) and each time I would get a range of final scores ranging from 77% to 46% to 20% to 3x%. Most of the time it ended with the score <50% and some of his army was still alive at that point. Basically it was very in-consistent what the final score would be (altho usually 4x%).

Considering Ragnarok was a high level player using an army that is clearly overpowered at the moment it would not make sense for him to start hacking. I think it's possible the person who reported him was watching a bugged replay like the one I've got. I could very easily post a screenshot of champs royal kingdom winning with only 20% (or 3x% or 46%) against me now.

So you may want to look into this otherwise other innocent people may end up getting reported over a replay bug.

MediusSyberia
10-25-13, 04:21 AM
Update:

I'm on Kingdom Clash 1.3.1 and due to today's update my old replays are gone. So since the update I only have 3 replays at the moment with summoners that I can re-watch to compare.

If you look at my account you may also want to check the other replay where champs royal kingdom lost vs me. When watching that replay in normal or fast speed, he loses the battle and the final score varies from 15% - 18% for me. So much closer % wise than the one he won but still inaccurate which could cause issues. It seems if I watch without fast forward I get 15%-16% and using fast forward gets me a final score of 17%-18%.

Also check my win recent win vs dolfshouse (just before champs royal attacked me twice). After watching that and playing it again multiple times (in a combo of slow, slow/fast or fast speed), I'm getting a range of final scores ranging from 23% - 35%.

Unfortunately, I don't currently have any watchable replays without summoners, so I can't test to see if this issue is happening with non-summoner armies as well.