PDA

View Full Version : How much time do I have to scrape together the coins to buy a habitat for a ready egg

Gradma65
10-24-13, 11:30 PM
Hello,

I'm gradually learning to play this game and so appreciate your patience with what may appear to be stupid questions.

I have just bred my third dragon egg. This one requires a very expensive habitat so it's going to take me a few days to accumulate enough coins. I would yield to the temptation to speed it up by buying coins, only I forgot the password that I put on the in app purchase restriction so that my grand kids wouldn't run up a huge bill on me. Outsmarted myself. Can't get a new one without resetting the software and losing my game.

Does my egg "expire" if I don't hatch it after a certain length of time? How much time do I have?

It's a nice one and I don't know if I'll be able t duplicate it if I lose it.

Thanks for your help.

yayacupcake
10-24-13, 11:33 PM
Eggs can sit there indefinitely. No timer. And I believe if you uninstall the game that you won't lose your game. Believe they store your island on their servers, it's not stored locally.

cedkugedchgd
10-24-13, 11:48 PM
why dont you just create a new apple id or ask for the password? i think they'll send it to you by e mail.

sunkalito
10-24-13, 11:59 PM
You can reset the game and not lose it :) but make sure you write down your storm8 id (the one you're posting from) and its password if need be. There are ways to get your game back in the device if by some reasin the phone restarts and you lose your progress, because it's stored in team lava servers and not phone memory! We can even switch the game to play in other devices when we upgrade. That is why the game needs internet connection.

So the egg does not expire, no worries. Out of curiosity, what egg is it and which habitat does it need?

Gradma65
10-25-13, 09:12 PM
Well, that's a relief on all counts. Thanks for the info.
I bred a yellow with a blue and thought I might get a blue green or something, so I bought another blue habitat, which is sitting empty because to my astonished delight I got a rainbow.

creolepraline
10-25-13, 09:20 PM
You may even be able to have apple tell you the password if resetting the software will be a pest and mess with other things you have on your device. Never buy coins though, tip around and ask others to come visit and tip you if possible to help save up money. If it still takes too long, you can consider selling the egg and breeding for something better. At the moment a rainbow is only as good as its egg. It's turned out to be a space stealer and doesn't make much money.

Have fun!

awsumum
10-26-13, 12:00 AM
Well, that's a relief on all counts. Thanks for the info.
I bred a yellow with a blue and thought I might get a blue green or something, so I bought another blue habitat, which is sitting empty because to my astonished delight I got a rainbow.

Congratulations! Must have been a very nice surprise :)

Blue and yellow will (usually) result in a dragon with both blue and yellow gems (or in your case, a rainbow!)
If you want a blue/green dragon, you'll have to breed blue and green together, I'm sure there's a thread on it, but I don't know how to add it, sorry :(

TinksThots
10-26-13, 01:57 AM
Combinations (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AirojqZymHCpdDlXNjlQb0dSczJteTJaWWdlNy1VZ FE&gid=2)

[third party link removed]

=D

Gradma65
10-29-13, 07:27 PM
You may even be able to have apple tell you the password if resetting the software will be a pest and mess with other things you have on your device. Never buy coins though, tip around and ask others to come visit and tip you if possible to help save up money. If it still takes too long, you can consider selling the egg and breeding for something better. At the moment a rainbow is only as good as its egg. It's turned out to be a space stealer and doesn't make much money.

Have fun!

LOL if I really wanted to make money I wouldn't sit around playing with cartoon dragons - I would be out there in the real world earning some real stuff. I enjoy breeding, raising, and collecting pretty dragons, which I don't have to have extra rooms and cabinets to store and which don't need dusting!

The reds and greens seem to make the most money. My little Firestorm is a good earner. I guess that their job is to support the decorative ones!

LionsDragons
10-29-13, 07:52 PM
LOL if I really wanted to make money I wouldn't sit around playing with cartoon dragons - I would be out there in the real world earning some real stuff. I enjoy breeding, raising, and collecting pretty dragons, which I don't have to have extra rooms and cabinets to store and which don't need dusting!

The reds and greens seem to make the most money. My little Firestorm is a good earner. I guess that their job is to support the decorative ones!

Au contraire! If you don't make money you can't afford to buy the habitats you need to house those pretty dragons you want. :)

The trick, IMHO, is striking the right balance between crass cash concerns and decorativeness.and in three months you'll be laughing about those firestorms being good money makers. Besides, i happen to like how the firestorms look! I would trade a fruitful for one any day!