PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/24/2013 Update - Glimmerbat Habitat

Aggwynn
10-24-13, 12:12 PM
Boo!

Today is a very exciting day for us!

For our update today, we will release the final part to the Glimmergate series that will wrap up the story (please update to version 1.1.6). We hope you enjoy the conclusion!
Don't worry, the fun won't end there. Without spoiling it for anyone, future updates post-Glimmergate will be about something else ;)

Also, Halloween is almost here and Castle Story is going to celebrate it by giving our players the chance to have a pet Glimmerbat in their Kingdom!

If you are level 10 and have the human forms of Old Thomas and Ivy, a quest called "Spooky Flight" can be found in your Quest Book. Tap on the quest in your Quest Book to start it!

Glimmergate and Aggwynn

madz1303
10-24-13, 12:51 PM
The Glimmerbat is a limited item. Once the quest expires, it will no longer be dropped from the Adventures.

Special note: After you defeat Greselda, to get the next set of goals, you will need to be on level 27 or higher.

The Glimmerbat Habitat actually works a little differently and will not come fully upgraded upon Gem Exchange. However when you do purchase the Habitat, you will be able to fully upgrade it by continuing the list of provided Goals at no cost of additional Gems. Hope this answers your question.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps3a805068.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zps3a805068.jpg.html)

Spooky Flight
Find out More at Old Thomas's House
(Visit Old Thomas House 3 times)

Childhood Dreams

Place the Glimmerbat Habitat
Upgrade Materials
30 stone/5 simple glue/60 wood

One Lucky Bat

Upgrade the Glimmerbat Habitat
Upgrade materials:
10 living wood/3 red dye/30 water/35 sap

On the Fence

Gather Spooky Deadwood
(ask Friends) Need 5
Upgrade Glimmerbat habitat
Upgrade Material
15 spooky deadwood/3 super glue/3 purple dye/50 stone

Spooky Glimmer Rocks
Adventure to the Ancient Vault 1
Upgrade materials:
15 Iron Ore
50 Wood
35 Coal
5 Spooky Glimmer Rocks (from adventure)

My little bat
Upgrade materials:
80 Strawberries
30 Water
1 Glimmerbat (from adventure)
25 Sap[/QUOTE]

Apolly, I name You!
Pet Apolly (Pet)
Clean his Home
Click.
Collect from the Glimmerbat Habitat, It drops fruits (apple, lemon, orange.)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10987&d=1382721837 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10987&d=1382721837)

Updated and got the spooky flight quest...yay! very cute glimmerbat...ty

charliemouse123
10-24-13, 01:16 PM
I can't upgrade my glimmerbat habitat. ��

aimeeq
10-24-13, 01:53 PM
Got my dead wood and upgraded then the game reset and I lost it all. But you have to adventure to the dark caves after that. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow since you can only get 20 requests/day

ghjvcucjb
10-24-13, 01:59 PM
I can't upgrade my glimmerbat habitat. ��

I couldn't either until I forced closed.

aimeeq
10-24-13, 02:00 PM
Actually, it registered the upgrade, just lost the deadwood

JayUK69
10-24-13, 02:14 PM
Mine glitched too. It upgraded, but now my quest line is still asking for 15 spooky dead wood still.

JayUK69
10-24-13, 02:23 PM
I bought the 5 glimmer rocks as I didn't want to keep doing dark cave adventure to get them to drop. I upgraded, but now is asking for a glimmer bat, you can't buy it anywhere apart from the upgrade box.

butterball8509
10-24-13, 02:40 PM
Actually, it registered the upgrade, just lost the deadwood

Mine has the request for the upgrade, but nothing at all about the spooky wood as you show here.

I am in the process of doing the upgrade and it requires:
10 living wood
30 water
35 sap
5 red dye

aimeeq
10-24-13, 02:42 PM
I reported the issue (not really a sync issue since it registered the upgrade) in Bugs. I have to wait for my knights to come back tomorrow anyway, so it's not really a big deal for me

maguar
10-24-13, 02:42 PM
Mine has the request for the upgrade, but nothing at all about the spooky wood as you show here.

I am in the process of doing the upgrade and it requires:
10 living wood
30 water
35 sap
5 red dye

You're on the first upgrade. When you've done it you'll get the goal to do the next upgrade which does require spooky wood

aimeeq
10-24-13, 02:43 PM
Butterball, you have to upgrade once before you get the dead wood goal

ghjvcucjb
10-24-13, 02:59 PM
I have 7 (?) acknowledgements that friends have responded to my requests for help but no progress showing for the dead wood. Goal still shows 0/15

sneezer_brown
10-24-13, 03:01 PM
I've got these pics of the goals

edit(KP) added to post 2

sneezer_brown
10-24-13, 03:05 PM
These are of the habitat

edit(KP) added to post 2

madz1303
10-24-13, 03:05 PM
I've got these pics of the goals

Thanks for posting the pics:)

maguar
10-24-13, 03:07 PM
I have 7 (?) acknowledgements that friends have responded to my requests for help but no progress showing for the dead wood. Goal still shows 0/15

I had the same thing. I force closed and restarted and could then see my progress.

ghjvcucjb
10-24-13, 03:33 PM
I had the same thing. I force closed and restarted and could then see my progress.

Thank you! That worked!

kooky panda
10-24-13, 03:45 PM
Mine glitched too. It upgraded, but now my quest line is still asking for 15 spooky dead wood still.
Mine did the same thing. I can upgrade to the next upgrade but I lost the Spooky Glimmer Rock Quest.
I will report this over.

butterball8509
10-24-13, 03:45 PM
You're on the first upgrade. When you've done it you'll get the goal to do the next upgrade which does require spooky wood

Ah, thanks all for the clarification. (And I realize I had a typo on the upgrade - it's three red dye, not five.)

PikaSquirrel
10-24-13, 03:48 PM
We're looking into this, thanks for letting us know.

maguar
10-24-13, 03:58 PM
I've just noticed that we've got greselda's castle as a goal building. Is this new with this update or did I just not notice it with the others?

GeorgeK
10-24-13, 04:19 PM
Maguar...it is new with this update. Along with the whole Glimmerbat thing, they also released the final stage of the Glimmergate goals, which apparently at some point, you will get Greseldas castle.

mamareader02
10-24-13, 04:22 PM
Hopefully her castle does something besides spit out coins

kooky panda
10-24-13, 04:40 PM
Hopefully her castle does something besides spit out coins
She is a Meanie !! Her castle will probably spit out lumps of Coal!!

jtm101
10-24-13, 04:52 PM
Can we get the goal steps in text form rather than pictures? Most of the pics on the first page are broken for me. I have no idea what comes after the first step, collecting from old thomas...

mamareader02
10-24-13, 04:55 PM

It better not,she gonna have to cough up some serious rent to stay in Daze a lot!

katbtodd
10-24-13, 05:55 PM
Lost,all my wood but my up,graded stayed ,,, and lost the quest for the vault castle adventure,,, to get,the rocks

katbtodd
10-24-13, 06:02 PM
Received all my spooky work and I up grade the glimmerbat habitat , and then it said I had to go for vault castle adventure... To get the rocks,,And now that gone,,, and and the spooky wood,ones back,, and it showing the upgrade, on glimmer bat habitat but no wood,,,

kooky panda
10-24-13, 06:04 PM
Received all my spooky work and I up grade the glimmerbat habitat , and then it said I had to go for vault castle adventure... To get the rocks,,And now that gone,,, and and the spooky wood,ones back,, and it showing the upgrade, on glimmer bat habitat but no wood,,,
This has been reported.
See this thread here. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?60320-Glimmer-bat-glitch&p=765577&viewfull=1#post765577)

Queenzod
10-24-13, 06:05 PM
I am just starting to blunder my way thru the new goals, and I already want to tell TL already how grateful I am for this fabulous update! You've really gone all out, and I, for one, really appreciate it. I mean really.

REALLY. :)

mikado86
10-24-13, 06:08 PM
... after known quests

Spooky Glimmer Rocks
Upgrade materials:
15 Iron Ore
50 Wood
35 Coal

My little bat
Upgrade materials:
80 Strawberries
30 Water
25 Sap

edit(KP) added to post 2

kooky panda
10-24-13, 06:27 PM
Can we get the goal steps in text form rather than pictures? Most of the pics on the first page are broken for me. I have no idea what comes after the first step, collecting from old thomas...
Done :)

glimmergate
10-24-13, 06:42 PM
Lost,all my wood but my up,graded stayed ,,, and lost the quest for the vault castle adventure,,, to get,the rocks

We're still working on the disappearing dead wood issue... expect a fix soon. Thanks everyone for your patience!!

glimmergate
10-24-13, 07:07 PM
OK, "On The Fence" should no longer require having 15 dead wood. You still need it for the habitat upgrade (you can use the button in the Upgrade payment window to ask your friends), but players who already upgraded their habitat will not be blocked by needing extra wood.

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy the updates :)

GeorgeK
10-24-13, 07:08 PM
Well....mine seems to be fixed so far. The goal has cleared and I've got a new one.

Thanks Glimmergate!

kooky panda
10-24-13, 07:35 PM
Same here!!
Thanks!!

eastie41
10-24-13, 07:46 PM
Hi GlimmerGate,
I did two level upgrades to the habitat, and then the got the dead wood goal to request from neighbors. I'm collecting requests now.
But, my habitat has been re-set to level 1, so I lost materials and have to do the first two levels again.
I really like the new quest line and story characters. However, it is disappointing about loosing materials.

Thanks.

eastie41
10-24-13, 07:46 PM
OK, "On The Fence" should no longer require having 15 dead wood. You still need it for the habitat upgrade (you can use the button in the Upgrade payment window to ask your friends), but players who already upgraded their habitat will not be blocked by needing extra wood.

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy the updates :)
Hi GlimmerGate,
I did two level upgrades to the habitat, and then the got the dead wood goal to request from neighbors. I'm collecting requests now.
But, my habitat has been re-set to level 1, so I lost materials and have to do the first two levels again.
I really like the new quest line and story characters. However, it is disappointing about loosing materials.

Thanks.

glimmergate
10-24-13, 07:49 PM
Hi GlimmerGate,

Thanks.

Hey eastie, unfortunately that sounds like the result of a sync or connection error. There's not much I can do about it on my end, I'm afraid. You can try contacting support@teamlava.com about it, though. Sorry to hear that you lost materials :(

ghjvcucjb
10-24-13, 08:04 PM
How can you tell what level is the habitat? I did the upgrades up to the deadwood requests this morning. Then a little while ago the request disappeared out of my goal book and when I go to the habitat it shows I'm at level one but have most of the deadwood collected. Does this make sense? Usually when you click on a building it shows the name and level but mine doesn't. Just says current level 50/10 hrs. Guess I'm confused

creolepraline
10-24-13, 08:17 PM
It better not,she gonna have to cough up some serious rent to stay in Daze a lot!

You know Baron is still gonna concoct a way to take it from you. Charging you money to breathe his air or something.

Queenzod
10-24-13, 08:19 PM
How can you tell what level is the habitat? I did the upgrades up to the deadwood requests this morning. Then a little while ago the request disappeared out of my goal book and when I go to the habitat it shows I'm at level one but have most of the deadwood collected. Does this make sense? Usually when you click on a building it shows the name and level but mine doesn't. Just says current level 50/10 hrs. Guess I'm confused

Did you force quit? I had the same thing but a force quit fixed it.

ghjvcucjb
10-24-13, 08:29 PM
Did you force quit? I had the same thing but a force quit fixed it.

Forced quit/closed three times. Showing no level next to the name but does show I have 9/15 spooky dead wood

bowlfullofcherries
10-24-13, 09:57 PM
Are glimmer fragments new or did I miss them previously? They look like piles of glimmerdust except that they're red. Got some from the glimmergate for the first time just now. I'm only allowed forty total in my inventory.

Incidentally, I'm only allowed fifteen spooky dead wood (my ever lovely neighbors are ensuring I'm maxed out on that one. Thanks bunches, guys).

wealthyrich
10-24-13, 10:39 PM
So u have to do at least five adventures to get all five spooky glimmer rocks?

nadiayc
10-24-13, 10:54 PM
Hi...

These quests always require red petals, and I don't get them often because I started playing after the valentine's special.

Please advice how do I get red petals without having to spend gems. Thanks.

dragoniakingdom
10-24-13, 11:07 PM
Hi...

These quests always require red petals, and I don't get them often because I started playing after the valentine's special.

Please advice how do I get red petals without having to spend gems. Thanks.

Apart from the Valentine plants (which I note you won't have),red petals are also random drops from the following:

Ivy's Hut
Tall Grass
Old logs
Ferns
Plant in log

Hope this helps.

nadiayc
10-24-13, 11:16 PM
I bought 12 tall grass and none dropped red petals...
:(

looks like this is not going to be easy....

mikado86
10-24-13, 11:17 PM
Are glimmer fragments new or did I miss them previously? They look like piles of glimmerdust except that they're red. Got some from the glimmergate for the first time just now. I'm only allowed forty total in my inventory.

Incidentally, I'm only allowed fifteen spooky dead wood (my ever lovely neighbors are ensuring I'm maxed out on that one. Thanks bunches, guys).

They are new, drop from the new adventure, glimmergate, and greselda's caslte.

I have seen over 3 drop in a single adventure.

JayUK69
10-25-13, 01:22 AM
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13797015/img/Anonymous/bat.jpg

JayUK69
10-25-13, 01:51 AM

That's why I spent 40 gems buying them. I rarely use gems to skip or speed up, but i'm still waiting on the hilt of light from the glimmergate adventures and can only send knights out once a day as I didn't buy the barracks. You still have to send knights out on 2 ancient vaults adventure to complete eqch part of the quest, so best to buy 3 and hope you get 2 from the other adventures.

jtm101
10-25-13, 01:56 AM
I think these "Glimmer Rocks" will be quite tricky to get in time. I had an ancient vault adventure ready to collect from the day before and got no rocks all. I wonder if they will drop more with the new app update (1.1.6) which i didnt have installed at the time. Otherwise i dont see this being achievable in 8 days with 1 adventure a day...

P.s. thanks for adding the steps in text.

maguar
10-25-13, 02:07 AM
Maguar...it is new with this update. Along with the whole Glimmerbat thing, they also released the final stage of the Glimmergate goals, which apparently at some point, you will get Greseldas castle.

Thanks for confirming

So as wise rulers do we get to insist she stays in the basement until she's paid off her debt to the kingdom?

Bugoos
10-25-13, 09:02 AM
Hi, I play Castle Story on my iPhone 5. I have a couple of issues. First, I have been on Level 30 for a few weeks now - and the little star still doesn't have any blue color in it. How long does it take to move up from Level 30? This has not been an issue with previous levels. Secondly, my glimmerbat habitat does not have the option to upgrade. I saw in a previous thread that someone installed the update, but I don't have an update showing up. How can I fix this glitch? Thanks!

Queenzod
10-25-13, 09:27 AM
Aaarrrgggghhhhh! The glimmer golems don't give energy back when you **** them!

mikado86
10-25-13, 09:43 AM
Spooky Glimmer rocks drop rate is over 100%

kooky panda
10-25-13, 10:13 AM
Hi, I play Castle Story on my iPhone 5. I have a couple of issues. First, I have been on Level 30 for a few weeks now - and the little star still doesn't have any blue color in it. How long does it take to move up from Level 30? This has not been an issue with previous levels. Secondly, my glimmerbat habitat does not have the option to upgrade. I saw in a previous thread that someone installed the update, but I don't have an update showing up. How can I fix this glitch? Thanks!
Level 30 is the cap level for the game.
Try restarting your device to see if you can then upgrade the habitat.
(make sure you are on the regular Castle game and not the Valentine Version.)

ajax1964
10-25-13, 10:24 AM
Finally done! The queen's castle is pretty cool

edit(KP) added to post 2

Aggwynn
10-25-13, 10:27 AM
Once you have Greselda's Castle in your Kingdom, a certain someone can be found walking around in new clothes =)

mikado86
10-25-13, 10:53 AM
http://s10.postimg.org/h63du4s2h/2013_10_25_10_38_55.png

debsbaked
10-25-13, 11:04 AM
Aaarrrgggghhhhh! The glimmer golems don't give energy back when you **** them!

When will I get to **** a golem??

kolakid
10-25-13, 11:19 AM
Once you have Greselda's Castle in your Kingdom, a certain someone can be found walking around in new clothes =)

Have Goal/ Finished goal for dressing Greselda/ visite her Castle twice BUT NO Greselda not showing in my kingdom & goal has disappeared?!

Is this a Bug in my game or WHERE IS GRESELDA???!

meme1098
10-25-13, 11:24 AM
Have you crafted the night glimmer sword? Probably won't happen until that part of the goal line. I'm not there either. Still trying to get the hilt. From what I've read here it could take way more than just a few adventures.:mad:

meme1098
10-25-13, 11:24 AM
When will I get to **** a golem??

Sorry meant to reply to debsbaked's question

meme1098
10-25-13, 11:26 AM
Have Goal/ Finished goal for dressing Greselda/ visite her Castle twice BUT NO Greselda not showing in my kingdom & goal has disappeared?!

Is this a Bug in my game or WHERE IS GRESELDA???!

Maybe you need to force quit and reconnect to TL's server. Seems a lot of things need that with this quest line.

Aggwynn
10-25-13, 11:38 AM
Let us know if you see Greselda walking around!

She should look like this:

creolepraline
10-25-13, 11:52 AM
http://s10.postimg.org/h63du4s2h/2013_10_25_10_38_55.png

My gosh, all of those dragons!

1Murphy1
10-25-13, 12:17 PM
anyone figure what adventure to glimmergate is, in the Allergic to Light Quest?

Bugoos
10-25-13, 12:22 PM
Thank you! The glimmerbat habitat can now be upgraded! :) When are you going to add more levels? One critique about the game, there is no confirmation pop-up asking if you want to spend gems on something done by mistake - i.e. accidentally speeding up an item. The game should have a pop-up asking "Confirm if you want to speed up this item" yes/no. I've lost 50+ gems by accidentally hitting something. It's maddening to have gems deducted for something I didn't mean to do. Any thoughts? Thanks!

missbandette
10-25-13, 12:25 PM
Thanks for that info! I was wondering why none were showing so I went to look and I saw the requests were responded. Did a force close and it worked! Wish I woulda done that earlier! I'm so anxious to get glimmerbat!!! On my adventure for rocks now! 😍

kolakid
10-25-13, 12:30 PM
Let us know if you see Greselda walking around!

She should look like this:

STILL NO GRESELDA.... forced closed 3 times...restarted etc... but still No Greselda to be seen...

kolakid
10-25-13, 12:36 PM
Have Sped up her Castle to visit for a third time BUT still NO Greselda?!
WHERE IS SHE?!

Aggwynn
10-25-13, 12:48 PM
Have you updated to 1.1.6?

kolakid
10-25-13, 01:14 PM
Have you updated to 1.1.6?

yes i have

kolakid
10-25-13, 01:23 PM
:( sob...no Greselda!

ajax1964
10-25-13, 01:26 PM
Yep, Greselda has apparently left the building

eastie41
10-25-13, 01:37 PM
Hey eastie, unfortunately that sounds like the result of a sync or connection error. There's not much I can do about it on my end, I'm afraid. You can try contacting support@teamlava.com about it, though. Sorry to hear that you lost materials :(

Hi Glimmergate, thanks for your response. I'll hang in there, as I know that eventually all the bugs are found and fixed. Have a nice weekend.

/eastie41

debsbaked
10-25-13, 01:46 PM
Have you crafted the night glimmer sword? Probably won't happen until that part of the goal line. I'm not there either. Still trying to get the hilt. From what I've read here it could take way more than just a few adventures.:mad:

Thanks!! My Glimmergate Adventure didn't return with either glimmer sword or hilt. Today I sent them on the glimmerbat adventure. Ancient? So it will be a few days. Thanks for the reply!!!

glimmergate
10-25-13, 02:05 PM
Hey, kolakid, we're looking into why you can't see Greselda walking around your kingdom. If anyone else is seeing this issue, please let me know! Alternatively, if you DO see Greselda walking around, then also please post here so we can figure out if this is affecting all players, or only some players.

kolakid
10-25-13, 02:10 PM
Hey, kolakid, we're looking into why you can't see Greselda walking around your kingdom. If anyone else is seeing this issue, please let me know! Alternatively, if you DO see Greselda walking around, then also please post here so we can figure out if this is affecting all players, or only some players.

Thanks for letting me know:)

Aggwynn
10-25-13, 02:27 PM
Hey Guys,

please try deleting the game and then re-downloading it from the app store. Let us know if that works. She should be the lady dressed in a white sparkly dressed walking around on your game board.

And yes, like Glimmergate said, if you do see Lady Greselda walking around in your Kingdom, please let us know!

JayUK69
10-25-13, 02:44 PM
Deleted and reinstalled the game, also hard reset my iPad and still no Greselda showing up.

kolakid
10-25-13, 02:51 PM
Hey Guys,

please try deleting the game and then re-downloading it from the app store. Let us know if that works. She should be the lady dressed in a white sparkly dressed walking around on your game board.

And yes, like Glimmergate said, if you do see Lady Greselda walking around in your Kingdom, please let us know!

Deleted re-installed....STILL NO GRESELDA!:(

kolakid
10-25-13, 02:52 PM
also re-started iPad...still no show

missbandette
10-25-13, 03:33 PM
Thank you! The glimmerbat habitat can now be upgraded! :) When are you going to add more levels? One critique about the game, there is no confirmation pop-up asking if you want to spend gems on something done by mistake - i.e. accidentally speeding up an item. The game should have a pop-up asking "Confirm if you want to speed up this item" yes/no. I've lost 50+ gems by accidentally hitting something. It's maddening to have gems deducted for something I didn't mean to do. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I've accidentally spent gems too! Very aggravating especially since I only had a few left and I won't be able to purchase anymore for awhile. I also lost 8 wisp lanterns on accident on the forgotten roost expansion. I wouldn't mind if I wasn't so far away from 3200 royal points, but I'm only at 2520 royal points. Tried to contact support@teamlava but still no reply. 😢

vednir
10-25-13, 04:15 PM
Will spooky glimmer rocks only drop from the ancient vault adventure or can we send higher yield adventures to get them as well?

mikado86
10-25-13, 04:30 PM
Will spooky glimmer rocks only drop from the ancient vault adventure or can we send higher yield adventures to get them as well?

http://s16.postimg.org/mrtpindad/2013_10_24_12_38_33.png

That should explain it.

mikado86
10-25-13, 04:33 PM
Spooky Glimmer Rocks
Upgrade materials:
15 Iron Ore
50 Wood
35 Coal

My little bat
Upgrade materials:
80 Strawberries
30 Water
25 Sap

Apolly, I name You!
Pet Apolly (Pet)
Clean his Home
Click.
Collect from the Glimmerbat Habitat, It drops fruits (apple, lemon, orange.)

edit(KP) added to post 2

kolakid
10-25-13, 04:41 PM
hey guys,

And yes, like glimmergate said, if you do see lady greselda walking around in your kingdom, please let us know!

tried deleting & re-installing a few times now! Still no greselda to be seen!
Any news if this bug has been resolve ?!

PikaSquirrel
10-25-13, 04:53 PM
We're still looking into this.

glimmergate
10-25-13, 04:54 PM
tried deleting & re-installing a few times now! Still no greselda to be seen!
Any news if this bug has been resolve ?!

Still working on it, kolakid... Thanks for your patience. We're going to try and get it resolved today, but depending on the severity of the bug it might not be til monday. Rest assured it will get fixed!

mamareader02
10-25-13, 05:29 PM
Just reporting no Greselda in my queendom either(deleted and re installed)

kolakid
10-25-13, 05:31 PM
Still working on it, kolakid... Thanks for your patience. We're going to try and get it resolved today, but depending on the severity of the bug it might not be til monday. Rest assured it will get fixed!

Ok ...thanks once again for letting me know....will try to wait patiently

pattipenguin
10-25-13, 10:22 PM
I am happy to report that Greselda is strolling through my kingdom! Thank you!

Queenzod
10-25-13, 10:31 PM
Can you post a screenshot? I'm dying to see her!

fino212
10-25-13, 11:59 PM
This is why I'm glad I don't rush through the quests or get items too quickly because as frustrating as it can be waiting for rare items to drop and seeing others progressing quickly at least any problems and bugs are well sorted by the time I get to those parts of the quest. I would find it a lot more frustrating to lose items and quests like so many others have done who have gotten there before me. Patience really is a virtue :)

monty85
10-26-13, 02:10 AM
I had a quest a few days ago to build a carriage for greselda that needed 50 wool. I didn't have 50 wool and the next day the quest was gone. It wasn't time limited and I didn't complete it. Where did it go?
I have the Thurston bravery quest and the glimmer bat one still to complete either.
Why would a quest just vanish?

kolakid
10-26-13, 02:33 AM
still working on it, kolakid... Thanks for your patience. We're going to try and get it resolved today, but depending on the severity of the bug it might not be til monday. Rest assured it will get fixed!

thanks to all!

Greselda is now strolling through my kingdom! Yaaah! :)

Sandeuro
10-26-13, 04:55 AM

No Griselda here as well.

SpuriousNotion
10-26-13, 08:02 AM
Griselda is in my kingdom as well. When she walks towards me she looks normal. But when she walks away from me, she appears to be walking sideways! Its rather fascinating to watch! :)

vednir
10-26-13, 08:04 AM
That should explain it.

Actually it doesn't fully explain it. While that line is there for the first adventure to the ancient vault, upon sending it out your only reference then is in the glimmerbat habitat where spooky glimmer rocks are available "From Adventure". Assuming I don't get 3 more from the second ancient vault adventure I plan to do a through the glimmergate adventure tomorrow to get a blade of light and will see if I get glimmer rocks as well.

In other words, I'm inquiring whether the spooky glimmer rocks are treated the same as the alicorn horn/wing which can drop from any adventure or whether it's specific to the adventure such as the blade of light/dark components.

PikaSquirrel
10-26-13, 09:29 AM
No Griselda here as well.

You haven't completed the quest to unlock her yet :)
Everyone who has completed the quest should see Greselda walking around your kingdom now. Thanks!

missbandette
10-26-13, 10:30 AM
Actually it doesn't fully explain it. While that line is there for the first adventure to the ancient vault, upon sending it out your only reference then is in the glimmerbat habitat where spooky glimmer rocks are available "From Adventure". Assuming I don't get 3 more from the second ancient vault adventure I plan to do a through the glimmergate adventure tomorrow to get a blade of light and will see if I get glimmer rocks as well.

In other words, I'm inquiring whether the spooky glimmer rocks are treated the same as the alicorn horn/wing which can drop from any adventure or whether it's specific to the adventure such as the blade of light/dark components.

You have to adventure to the ancient vault or it won't be completed on your goal. It does say u need to adventure to the ancient vault, it has the picture next to it. I understand what your saying though. Can they be dropped from other adventures as well?

missbandette
10-26-13, 10:35 AM
Someone also said to buy the 3 glimmer rocks to complete the habitat upgrade. I waited until my knights came back to see how many I received, it was 2. I bought the other 3, thank you for that info!

SpuriousNotion
10-26-13, 03:01 PM
I need to give some kind of sedative to my bat, he's flying around like crazy! :)

crystalrayn3
10-26-13, 10:02 PM
I need to give some kind of sedative to my bat, he's flying around like crazy! :)
Makes me dizzy just watchin the critter. I wonder if he got into the Halloween candy early LOL

mrbinky
10-27-13, 01:54 AM
Have jsut come across this... Looking at all the things you need to do on the first page, there's no way i'm going to be able to get the stuff to complete this. Oh well...

redlorry
10-27-13, 05:46 AM
A neighbour of mine reports receiving a second light blade! Anyone else experience this? Is this a intended possibility or game error?

missbandette
10-27-13, 10:06 AM
Makes me dizzy just watchin the critter. I wonder if he got into the Halloween candy early LOL
Lol!!! He's soo cute!!! I wish he wld stop for a min so I can look at him!! 😋

mikado86
10-27-13, 10:40 AM
A neighbour of mine reports receiving a second light blade! Anyone else experience this? Is this a intended possibility or game error?

That is both possible, AND impossible

http://s9.postimg.org/a7vx41z4f/2013_10_27_10_37_49.png

Item cap is 1, so EVEN if a second one would drop, which is the part that CAN happen, you cant have more than one, what I did though, it was buy it from the magic forge for 50 gems after I had started to craft my Day Glimmer Sword, why? because I can.

datama
10-27-13, 08:44 PM
Has anyone had trouble getting the glimmerbat? I've sent my troops out on two adventures to find one. Is it a random drop or should I have found one by now? Thank you!

ghjvcucjb
10-27-13, 08:48 PM
Has anyone had trouble getting the glimmerbat? I've sent my troops out on two adventures to find one. Is it a random drop or should I have found one by now? Thank you!

I posted the same thing on another thread

raelfor
10-27-13, 10:31 PM
This is a question, having built everything and gathered everything not to mention $5million in coin am I to understand that castle story is finished??? I certainly hope not, I look forward to this game every day, I visit my friends every day. PLEASE GIVE US MORE,!!!!!!

kooky panda
10-28-13, 05:05 AM
This is a question, having built everything and gathered everything not to mention $5million in coin am I to understand that castle story is finished??? I certainly hope not, I look forward to this game every day, I visit my friends every day. PLEASE GIVE US MORE,!!!!!!
I think it will be while before castle is finished!
I am still trying to get my bat and finish this glimmergate goal!

vednir
10-28-13, 06:37 AM
FYI no spooky glimmer rocks dropped from the Through the Glimmergate adventure so I'm back to using ancient vaults.

Has TL stated whether the 5 day limit is simply for the goal or will the bat be made unavailable subsequently? Given the very short timeline this seems like the introduction to Castle Story of the usual limited time offers that they use for the rest of their games.

JayUK69
10-28-13, 07:18 AM
It was a good day today, not only did I get the hilt so my day glimmer sword is crafting, but also got another manticore egg drop from the roost and another golden apple, which rarely drops for me.

raghadd1
10-28-13, 09:15 AM

Glimmer golems

TastyCakeBakery
10-28-13, 10:19 AM
... after known quests

Spooky Glimmer Rocks
Upgrade materials:
15 Iron Ore
50 Wood
35 Coal

My little bat
Upgrade materials:
80 Strawberries
30 Water
25 Sap

edit(KP) added to post 2

I posted the same thing on another thread

I am also having the same issue. No glimmerbat after I completed the adventure. I have everything else and don't want to spend the gems to get it. Especially since I've never had a sale on the gems but a friend of mine has sales all the time. I love the game but have issues with the quirks.

meme1098
10-28-13, 01:19 PM
Am on my 3rd try in the ancient vaults for the glimmer at. Starting to get worried about the timeline on the goal. What happens with the glimmer bat if we have not received it in time before the goal expires? I better not have to buy it with gems if the goal expires. Maybe it needs an extension since the goal said 'adventure' to the ancient vaults not 'adventureS' with an 's'.

katbtodd
10-28-13, 01:48 PM
Am on my 3rd try in the ancient vaults for the glimmer at. Starting to get worried about the timeline on the goal. What happens with the bat if we have received it in time before the goal expires? I better not have to buy it with gems if the goal expires. Maybe it needs an extension since the goal said 'adventure' to the ancient vaults not 'adventureS' with an 's'.

Two morning for me no bat ,,, and I been using the barracks too so 3 misses ,. Tomorrow caslte and barracks again ,,,keep your fingers crossed ,,,

kooky panda
10-28-13, 02:01 PM
Am on my 3rd try in the ancient vaults for the glimmer at. Starting to get worried about the timeline on the goal. What happens with the glimmer bat if we have not received it in time before the goal expires? I better not have to buy it with gems if the goal expires. Maybe it needs an extension since the goal said 'adventure' to the ancient vaults not 'adventureS' with an 's'.

Sorry :(

The Glimmerbat is a limited item. Once the quest expires, it will no longer be dropped from the Adventures.

katbtodd
10-28-13, 02:10 PM
Can you see it..I'm pouting.:( guess it looks like I might have a glimmer bat habitat on sale,, real cheap, 4 days and counting down.

Cesar49
10-29-13, 12:45 AM
I haven't been on the forum for a while so was relieved, in a way, to find that others didn't get the bat on their first Ancient Vault adventure, and that I wasn't alone in having a bat-free zone! I'd got really excited as I pressed the Castle to inspect the goodies on my knights' return, only to get zilch! Wish, however, the quest line had shown the 'May take a few' tag that the blade and hilt of light quests have - at least I would have been prepared!! :rolleyes:

newzealander
10-29-13, 01:19 AM
I'm in the same "3 tries and no bat" camp. Maybe we can find a sympathetic zoo somewhere that needs 30 or 40 bat habitats really cheaply? Or maybe we can store them and sell them on as ancient bat ruins in advance of next Halloween??

katbtodd
10-29-13, 02:11 AM
We have to start a club,, ��bats

katbtodd
10-29-13, 02:11 AM
We have to start a club,, ��bats

No bats

JayUK69
10-29-13, 05:32 AM
Got the bat drop on my second quest on my iPhone game.

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/13809643/img/Anonymous/Potions.jpg

JayUK69
10-29-13, 06:56 AM
Castle completed at last :)

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13809760/img/Anonymous/G1.jpg

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/13809761/img/Anonymous/G2.jpg

nickiz09
10-29-13, 07:11 AM
How do I get the castle to unlock? Do I have to have the glimmer gate unlocked first? I'm still waiting on the scroll :(

JayUK69
10-29-13, 07:28 AM
How do I get the castle to unlock? Do I have to have the glimmer gate unlocked first? I'm still waiting on the scroll :(

Yes, it's towards the end of the recent updates. If you still need the scroll you have a long way to go yet, as you'll need to craft new swords which has parts drop from adventures, plus potions need to be made further on, and building materials to stock up on.

Majinga
10-29-13, 08:32 AM
Btw did a reboot before i collected and got the bat on my second attempt while not definitive method with all the reboots needed to advance qline seems reasonable

caiaxoxo
10-29-13, 01:41 PM
Can we buy the bat with gems? If we can't then I will definitely not have enough time to find him.

katbtodd
10-29-13, 01:58 PM
Can we buy the bat with gems? If we can't then I will definitely not have enough time to find him.

Yes on mine it's 50 gems after you get the rocks it will show

vednir
10-29-13, 02:57 PM
I wonder if TL will engage in the same dynamic pricing as they did for the barracks, magic school, etc. once the timer starts running out.

Also this won't be the last we'll see of these limited time offers. They've done it in most of their other games and it's to encourage you to spend money on gems. Dragon story is pathologic for this and most of their other games have similar pressured incentives to open your wallet.

Spend accordingly.

BungoCook
10-29-13, 03:48 PM
Got the wee bat chappie on my third adventure. I was using Barracks as well as castle to venture. Would like to congratulate TL on not creating another Alicorn fiasco, where so many adventures were needed. Had there been a time limit there the Alicorns would be as rare as hen's teeth.......oh wait they are, well real ones (not bought) are anyway.
He is a wee bit too fast a flutter animation for my liking but at least he takes a rest when he's ready for collection.

froltojo
10-29-13, 04:59 PM
Expecting my glimmerbat to drop from latest adventure to ancient vault....no such luck...but...woohoo...my long awaited Alicorn horn. Had totally given up hope for the Alicorn. Back to the ancient vault...perhaps tomorrow a bat will emerge.

priscillasp
10-29-13, 05:04 PM
I have been to the Ancient Vault three times & only have four glimmer rocks, much less the bat. Do I need to try another adventure? But it doesn't sound like that is working for others either. I'm going to be very unhappy if I have done everything the goal said to do & I don't get the bat.

froltojo
10-29-13, 05:08 PM
It took me four trips to the vault to get enough rocks. Now I've had two trips to vault for the bat but so far it's been an overgrown bench ( yay! ) and today the Alicorn horn. If it had been another bench I think I would have quit the game for good! So, I'm still playing and feeling a little bit more positive. Hang in there.

butterball8509
10-29-13, 06:19 PM
Got the wee bat chappie on my third adventure. I was using Barracks as well as castle to venture. Would like to congratulate TL on not creating another Alicorn fiasco, where so many adventures were needed. Had there been a time limit there the Alicorns would be as rare as hen's teeth.......oh wait they are, well real ones (not bought) are anyway.
He is a wee bit too fast a flutter animation for my liking but at least he takes a rest when he's ready for collection.

I also got mine on the third adventure. There's still hope for those trying! (I agree that he flutters a bit too fast - it's a bit dizzying!)

newzealander
10-29-13, 10:57 PM
Just sent off for my 5th adventure (using barracks and castle). 5th time lucky for the elusive bat. Personally I think that the knights have got fat and lazy after all that pasta with the Glimmergate adventures, and they ride off till they are out of sight, pitch camp for the night, and return the next day claiming to have been all the way to the Ancient Vault. I suspect they are going no further than just over the hill. I may have to send Thurston along to lead the adventure next time. That's a scary thought!

minndom
10-30-13, 12:14 AM
Has anybody been able to get a bat from the adventures?

EllieTheBeeEater
10-30-13, 12:27 AM
Hi Aggwynn
Can I just check - is the glimmerbat the only Halloween goal?
I'd assumed the Griselda stuff like the castle was all Halloween related too as it appeared in the Market at the same time, but reading this I guess it's actually to do with the glimmergate stuff (I'm nowhere near that at level 22).
Just wondered as I now have my glimmerbat (yay!:D) and was expecting another Halloween goal to appear.
But if the glimmerbat is the last thing then I'll get back to the other stuff I was doing (I'd left it all while I prioritised the glimmerbat due to time restraints) - could you confirm either way please?
Thanks in advance :)

EllieTheBeeEater
10-30-13, 12:28 AM
Yes minndom I got the bat from the ancient vault

freesiawoods
10-30-13, 12:34 AM
Need more time please!! Still only collecting glimmer rocks and I don't think I can get five by today!!

mikado86
10-30-13, 06:46 AM
Has anybody been able to get a bat from the adventures?

Yes, Im sure theres plenty of people who has gotten it from an adventure, and YES, before someone elses ask, I got it from the adventure it explicitly ask you to go, I doubt you need me bragging about the #? of adventure I got it from.

Hi Aggwynn
I'd assumed the Griselda stuff like the castle was all Halloween related too as it appeared in the Market at the same time...

Im pretty sure its as you assume and its glimmergate part and not time limited Halloween, for starters, there was no time limit in her quests.

meme1098
10-30-13, 06:49 AM
So frustrated with this. Knights came back empty handed again this morning. Are we sure the bat comes from the ancient vault adventure??? And not the dark cave adventure where you might just find a bat???
Ah well, my knights are gonna be grounded for quite sometime if this continues. And will be putting up a glimmer bat habitat really, really cheap if anyone's interested. Ah...but why would you need one if you don't have a bat either. It will be totally useless in a few days.

jimboser
10-30-13, 06:52 AM
Need more time please!! Still only collecting glimmer rocks and I don't think I can get five by today!!

You are doomed. You will likely need several adventures to the Ancient Vault to get the bat.

:(

freesiawoods
10-30-13, 07:33 AM
Well I guess I got lucky, my knights brought back three rocks today. Just hope my luck holds out with the bat.

PikaSquirrel
10-30-13, 10:28 AM
The Glimmerbat is the only Halloween quest line :)

EllieTheBeeEater
10-30-13, 11:14 AM
Thanks for your replies mikado and pika :)

For anyone interested my adventures (all to the vault) went like this:
1st: 1 Spooky Glimmer Rock
2nd: 3 SGRs
3rd: 1 SGR
(Then I upgraded habitat and it said to send them adventuring again)
4th: glimmerbat

By reading some of these posts it seems I was unusually lucky, I'd assumed it was automatic that you definitely got the right drops each time.

Frosty_Wench
10-30-13, 11:29 AM
Thanks for your replies mikado and pika :)

For anyone interested my adventures (all to the vault) went like this:
1st: 1 Spooky Glimmer Rock
2nd: 3 SGRs
3rd: 1 SGR
(Then I upgraded habitat and it said to send them adventuring again)
4th: glimmerbat

By reading some of these posts it seems I was unusually lucky, I'd assumed it was automatic that you definitely got the right drops each time.

My experience was similar, except it took one more adventure:
1 SGR, 2 SGR, 2 SGR, Nothing, Glimmerbat

litab16
10-30-13, 12:21 PM
The Glimmerbat is the only Halloween quest line :)

My knights have been to the Ancient Vault at least six times and have yet to find a bat. I hope bats will still be possible after the 31st! I have good luck until trying to find a bat.

Lita

rosym47
10-30-13, 12:39 PM
first adventure - 2 rocks, second adventure - 2 rocks, third adventure - 1 rock, fourth adventure a bat. Guess I was lucky.

cad33
10-30-13, 01:11 PM
1 rock
2 rocks
1 rock
1 rock
nothing
pig

daisydukescastle
10-30-13, 01:49 PM
How do u get greselda castle I have just defeated her and have no more quest but have not been given her castle can anyone help me pls 

zoeywoey
10-30-13, 03:37 PM
My game has been updated but yet i can not finish the Glimmergate...the part is the evil queen Showdown..Im suppost to collect from the glimmergate but wont ever finish the task....if you can help please let me know...

mikado86
10-30-13, 05:13 PM
Im going to state extremly obvious questions here:

How do u get greselda castle I have just defeated her and have no more quest but have not been given her castle can anyone help me pls 

Are you lvl 27? as it was stated quite a few times in this thread?

My game has been updated but yet i can not finish the Glimmergate...the part is the evil queen Showdown..Im suppost to collect from the glimmergate but wont ever finish the task....if you can help please let me know...

Do you happen to NOT have another monster in your kingdom when you collect from the Glimmergate? as you might guess, Gresselda is a monster, and there can only be one monster in your kingdom at the same time

vitriolicheart
10-30-13, 05:38 PM
On my third quest for the glimmerbat :(

preinsko
10-30-13, 07:06 PM
I got all the glimmer rocks quickly. I assumed the bat would be the same; but no joy in Mudville I finally decided to buy it with gems and I am happy I did. I only hope it doesn't screw up the natural order of things.

axllives123
10-31-13, 01:02 AM
Please help! I have had glimmergate and required buildings and exPansion for weeks and no new goals at all! My glimmergate has had no goals of any kind. I even deleted and redownloaded my game and still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Love, axllives123

starlighter21
10-31-13, 01:10 AM
Have you expanded to the forgotten roost? That's was the last thing I needed to do before I got the quest!

newzealander
10-31-13, 02:16 AM
Really frustrated - still no bat, and this is my last lot of adventures. It feels pretty crappy to have worked so hard on this one and to run out of time. Especially since I caved, and bought the Barracks to have two lots of adventures going. I think I am on number 7 and 8. Pretty sucky.

zoo123g
10-31-13, 04:27 AM
Please help! I have had glimmergate and required buildings and exPansion for weeks and no new goals at all! My glimmergate has had no goals of any kind. I even deleted and redownloaded my game and still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Love, axllives123

you need to be at least level 27 to get the goal i think

minndom
10-31-13, 06:37 AM
I got 2 SGR the first time, then 1. After that I chickened out and bought the two remaining rocks. I got the bat on 2nd or 3rd adventure after the upgrade. Oh, she's hyper.

sara39000
10-31-13, 06:55 AM
Castle Story won't even open on my phone!!! It was fine yesterday but in the evening it did nothing, and still now.

I am going to completely miss this Glimmer fun that everyone else is having. Has anyone else had this problem?!

I think it has to do with the iOS7 update which sucks. :eek:

jimboser
10-31-13, 08:48 AM
Really frustrated - still no bat, and this is my last lot of adventures. It feels pretty crappy to have worked so hard on this one and to run out of time. Especially since I caved, and bought the Barracks to have two lots of adventures going. I think I am on number 7 and 8. Pretty sucky.

I collected from adventured 4 and 5 this AM, no bat. Adventures 6 and 7 in progress, I might be able to get an 8th in under the wire, depending on what time this quest expires...

This is horrible.

kooky panda
10-31-13, 08:50 AM
Castle Story won't even open on my phone!!! It was fine yesterday but in the evening it did nothing, and still now.

I am going to completely miss this Glimmer fun that everyone else is having. Has anyone else had this problem?!

Delete and redownload the regular Castle Game (not the valentine version) to see if that helps.

meme1098
10-31-13, 09:26 AM

I play on ipad4 with the IOS7 upgrade & not having any problems. Try deleting & reinstalling to see if that helps. BTW, I like IOS7 many tweaks that are way better than before. Just don't like the white background windows-look.

cad33
10-31-13, 10:53 AM
Woot. Bat!
Now back the our originally schedule questing in progress. Glimmergate runs. Really wish I had a Barracks to double my chances. This 1x per day thing is just ****ing me.

glimmergate
10-31-13, 11:07 AM

We're investigating this issue! Hang in there, we're trying to get this fixed ASAP.

elaur
10-31-13, 12:34 PM
I've gone on the adventure three times and still haven't gotten a bat. Why would a timed quest have a random drop??

TastyCakeBakery
10-31-13, 01:12 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting the encyclopedias? I have two libraries and have one leveled out and I'm gathering the items to upgrade the second one to the highest level. I have make at least 6 visits to them and not one encyclopedia. Any suggestions? I am also still waiting on the poison to be dropped so that I can finish making the enchanted iron bars. No luck so far, but the mani tore is dropping lots of fur.

jimboser
10-31-13, 01:46 PM
I collected from adventured 4 and 5 this AM, no bat. Adventures 6 and 7 in progress, I might be able to get an 8th in under the wire, depending on what time this quest expires...

This is horrible.

I was wrong, the time remaining is now showing as 23 hours. I'll only be able to get a 6th adventure in before the time expires. So, I've only got this one shot left to get the bat from an adventure. Grrr.

Castloninian
10-31-13, 01:47 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting the encyclopedias? I have two libraries and have one leveled out and I'm gathering the items to upgrade the second one to the highest level. I have make at least 6 visits to them and not one encyclopedia. Any suggestions? I am also still waiting on the poison to be dropped so that I can finish making the enchanted iron bars. No luck so far, but the mani tore is dropping lots of fur.

It took me weeks if not a month to get all the encyclopedias. I had 1 L5 and 2 L2 libraries. I didn't notice much difference in drop between the L2 and L5s. They just are really rare.

vitriolicheart
10-31-13, 02:31 PM
I am in the same position. I'm on my 6th and 7th adventure right now and still no bat. Frustrating.

JustKay
10-31-13, 03:17 PM
Glimmerbat, Glimmerbat, wherefore art thou?

Queenzod
10-31-13, 05:28 PM
I just got mine yesterday. If you look closely inside the purple crystals, there's a little pair of glowing eyes. So fab!

Good luck to all. If you don't get the bat within the allotted time frame, TL needs to supply you with a free bat. I'm pretty sure that would come close to breach of contract if they didn't pull through in the end. Nobody wants that.

freesiawoods
10-31-13, 08:50 PM
Woohoo!!! Got my bat just a minute ago...just in the nick of time. Only my second attempt, closed and restarted my game and couldn't believe my eyes!

Now on my first glimmergate adventure Have no idea why I'm so far behind when I play all the time.

Castloninian
10-31-13, 11:59 PM
I did not get the bat in time. Really disappointed because it's all I've been doing since it came out. I put so many much needed resources into a habitat that is useless :(. And as I've said before, buying a bat for 50 gems when all I get is fruit that I get from my trees anyway does not seem a good buy. But to have that empty habitat... I really thought TL would make sure everyone ended up with a bat on their last adventure. It took me 3 adventures to get the rocks and another 3 adventures for the elusive bat.

katbtodd
11-01-13, 03:32 AM
You would think you still could get the bat,,, after time is up ,,,as long as your castle went out before the quest is over

axllives123
11-01-13, 07:42 AM
Yes! I expanded to roost a long time ago, and I'm on level 30 :(

ashyleee
11-01-13, 09:13 AM
wait...my adventure just ended, and my goal had 3 hours left on it, but disappeared...what?!?

kimberly0822
11-01-13, 09:15 AM
5minutes ago my timer said I had 4 hours to finish the glimmer bat quest. My adventure was supposed to complete before then so I figured I was good. Just closed out the game and went back in only to find the goal is now gone! What the heck?? Anyone out there want to buy a brand new, never used bat habitat? :eek:

djd303
11-01-13, 10:18 AM
I went on multiple quests to get the glimmer bat but never received one. How are yall going to fix that?

tlewis2223
11-01-13, 11:55 AM
I completed my upgrade and the adventure to the vault (twice) and it never dropped my bat. I had everything done in plenty of time. Can you fix this for me please?

diane03
11-01-13, 01:26 PM
Can you please tell me, do I have to finish the Allergic to Light quest, before Greselda appears in my kingdom. Thanks

diane03
11-01-13, 01:47 PM
Sorry, just wanted to add this is my only quest left to finish.

mikado86
11-01-13, 02:25 PM
Can you please tell me, do I have to finish the Allergic to Light quest, before Greselda appears in my kingdom. Thanks

Yes. You get Greselda in your kingdom when you are done with all your quests of that chain.

diane03
11-01-13, 02:37 PM
Yes. You get Greselda in your kingdom when you are done with all your quests of that chain.

Thank you :)

kimberly0822
11-01-13, 04:26 PM
Thank you for the bug fix..just got the bat ;)

Dabag
11-08-13, 07:19 PM
Glimmergate Outline and Thread Links

PART 1 release http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59709-Castle-Story-10-10-2013-Update
1. Only In Fairy Tales
2. Role Playing Adventure
3. The Glimmergate
4. Lady Greselda
5. High Maintenance
6. Beyond the Glimmergate
7. Legendary Key Scroll
8. Enchanted Minerals
9. Key of Doors
10. Typical Baron

PART 2 release http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59982-Castle-Story-10-17-2013-Update
1. Acting Chops
2. Rotten Tomato
3. Monkey In The Middle
4. Summoning the Golems
5. Ruler Must Haves
6. Wicked Ride
7. Mirror Mirror
8. On The Wall
9. Ivy Saves The Day
10. Thurstons Bravery
11. Night Glimmer Sword
12. Rock Smash
13. Allergic to Light
14? CRAFT Day Glimmer Sword (only tlp mention no photo
15? Evil Queen Showdown (takes 99 hits) (only tlp mention no photo

PART 3 release http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?60315-Castle-Story-10-24-2013-Update
to avoid confusion GG pt.3 posted in 10.17.2013 update thread.
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59982-Castle-Story-10-17-2013-Update
1. Shut the Door
2. Sabina's Play Debut
3. The Grand Trolling
4. Emo - tional Griselda
5. No place to go
6. Fashion Police
7. Specific Taste

Dabag
11-08-13, 07:23 PM
I like lists and so do others. the Glimmergate Outline and Thread Links
helps me keep on track. hope it helps you too

FigmentValley
11-08-13, 09:08 PM
So... One quick question.... Griselda has closed the gate. I am building her house. But I only have 17 of 20 glimmer shards. I have collected from the gate three times now, since the gate was "closed", but have received NO shards. Only coins. I cannot go on an adventure through the glimmer gate anymore. Where do I get the last three glimmer shards?

FigmentValley
11-08-13, 09:10 PM
Oops. I am in error. It needs 25 shards - I have only 17. From whence do they come now?

Oliver118
11-13-13, 12:24 AM
Where's a picture of the Glimmerbat itself?

kooky panda
11-13-13, 06:03 AM
Where's a picture of the Glimmerbat itself?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps3a805068.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zps3a805068.jpg.html)

gdmcrjunkie
11-13-13, 08:24 AM

Ah, finally, the bat! I can't see it in my own kingdom since it's zipping around so fast :D Cute~

kooky panda
11-13-13, 11:46 AM
haha!! It took me a couple of shots to get him.

FlowerBurst
11-13-13, 01:06 PM
You haven't completed the quest to unlock her yet :)
Everyone who has completed the quest should see Greselda walking around your kingdom now. Thanks!

Exactly which quest needs to be completed before Griselda is visible? She has been communicating with me for quite some time. I am currently crafting the Day Glimmer Sword. Thank you!

meme1098
11-13-13, 01:48 PM
I think your getting close to the showdown. A few posts up is a list by Dabag. I'm on part 2, step 13 allergic to light. Doing those Glimmergate adventures all over again. Hope I'm luckier with the blade of light then I was with the hilt if darkness a few goal lines back. Had to do nearly 10 adventures to finish that part if the goal.

FlowerBurst
11-13-13, 01:53 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out. ��

sluppies
11-14-13, 12:12 AM
I've been sending my knights to the glimmer gate every day in search if that blade of light. Up to now a great big nothing! This is not a game of wits anymore it's just getting lucky with a random drop. I'm getting close to giving up as it's no fun when some one else is dictating the game plan

NinasIPhone4
11-19-13, 07:37 AM
Hi is there an error in castle story? I am very annoyed because I've spent a day making the emotion potion for Griselda and I bought 4 more theaters so that I would have 5 to visit to carry on with the quest and just when I finished tapping them plus ****ing a glimmer troll that got in the way, Castle story started buffering and then I had to **** the troll once again and tap the last theater again and then I gave the potion to Griselda (The grand Trolling quest) and after that Castle Story began to buffer again and when I tryed to give the potion to Griselda after that I couldn't because the potion has somehow disappeared and I can't make new ones in the potion shop anymore (and I shouldn't have to) so what has happened??!! This is soo annoying and I really hope you can fix this!! I have an iPhone 5s and I have tryed to restart my phone several times and Idon?t know what force close means (please explain it, I'm from Sweden). But I have double clicked the home button and when all of my open apps appears I slide them up to close them (as you do with iOS 7 oparative system). Then I open my Castle Story app but it still says that I don't have any ption to give Griselda. It says watch Geriselda drink the potion 0/1 and all of the three potions I made to make the emotion potion are gone and not in my inventry and I can't make new ones either.
Looking forward to your quick reply.

meme1098
11-19-13, 01:45 PM
Hi is there an error in castle story? I am very annoyed because I've spent a day making the emotion potion for Griselda and I bought 4 more theaters so that I would have 5 to visit to carry on with the quest and just when I finished tapping them plus ****ing a glimmer troll that got in the way, Castle story started buffering and then I had to **** the troll once again and tap the last theater again and then I gave the potion to Griselda (The grand Trolling quest) and after that Castle Story began to buffer again and when I tryed to give the potion to Griselda after that I couldn't because the potion has somehow disappeared and I can't make new ones in the potion shop anymore (and I shouldn't have to) so what has happened??!! This is soo annoying and I really hope you can fix this!! I have an iPhone 5s and I have tryed to restart my phone several times and Idon?t know what force close means (please explain it, I'm from Sweden). But I have double clicked the home button and when all of my open apps appears I slide them up to close them (as you do with iOS 7 oparative system). Then I open my Castle Story app but it still says that I don't have any ption to give Griselda. It says watch Geriselda drink the potion 0/1 and all of the three potions I made to make the emotion potion are gone and not in my inventry and I can't make new ones either.

When you double tap the 'home' button and swipe the apps up out of sight, that is force closing. Might want to send an email to support about your problem.

PikaSquirrel
11-19-13, 04:36 PM

Replied to your other post too, you should be able to complete this quest now. Please force close your game and check your account.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue with the Emotion Potion, please let us know. Thank you!

NinasIPhone4
11-21-13, 02:16 AM
Thank you so much. Everything was back to normal yesterday :D Happy!

denizey
12-25-13, 01:30 PM
Replied to your other post too, you should be able to complete this quest now. Please force close your game and check your account.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue with the Emotion Potion, please let us know. Thank you!

I'm having the exact same problem as Ninasiphone4. Could you please reset my account too thanks.

MiniLaura
12-25-13, 02:58 PM
I'm having the exact same problem as Ninasiphone4. Could you please reset my account too thanks.

This error was supposedly fixed for everyone. Please try force-closing your game and restarting your device. If that doesn't help, delete the game from your device and reinstall it. (Your game data is stored on TL's servers so you will not lose any of your game progress.)

Please let us know if this does not solve your problem. (Meanwhile, I will flag your problem over to TL. However, the TL staff are on vacation and will not be able to respond to you very quickly.)

denizey
12-26-13, 03:57 AM
This error was supposedly fixed for everyone. Please try force-closing your game and restarting your device. If that doesn't help, delete the game from your device and reinstall it. (Your game data is stored on TL's servers so you will not lose any of your game progress.)

Please let us know if this does not solve your problem. (Meanwhile, I will flag your problem over to TL. However, the TL staff are on vacation and will not be able to respond to you very quickly.)
Thanks MiniLaura. Unfortunately neither of those suggestions worked. When are the TL staff back on board?

MiniLaura
12-26-13, 08:34 AM
Thanks MiniLaura. Unfortunately neither of those suggestions worked. When are the TL staff back on board?
Well, boo! I was hoping that would fix it for you.

I'm not sure when the staff will be back. A few of them might be back today or tomorrow.

PikaSquirrel
12-26-13, 11:59 AM

Please force close your game, you should be able to complete the quest now.

For anyone else who experience a sync error, lose the Emotion Potion, and is stuck on this quest, you are now able to craft the Emotion Potion during this quest to complete it. You will no longer be stuck and need to wait for support to help you with the issue. Thanks!

denizey
12-26-13, 12:44 PM
Please force close your game, you should be able to complete the quest now.

For anyone else who experience a sync error, lose the Emotion Potion, and is stuck on this quest, you are now able to craft the Emotion Potion during this quest to complete it. You will no longer be stuck and need to wait for support to help you with the issue. Thanks!

Thank you, I just went back into the game and it works, hooray!

Thanks for your efforts too MiniLaura :)

Now could you extend the Reindeer Stable goal? Pretty please? ;)

ktappe
12-30-13, 11:58 AM
So...where are the glimmer golems? I finally crafted the Night Glimmer Sword but despite a lot of visits to the Glimmer Gate, no golems. Do you have to do something special to make them appear?

KadeeDid
12-30-13, 12:02 PM
So...where are the glimmer golems? I finally crafted the Night Glimmer Sword but despite a lot of visits to the Glimmer Gate, no golems. Do you have to do something special to make them appear?

I got the glimmer golem as soon as I completed the sword. I dud click on glimmer gate and then a few nearby items. Now they are coming frequently. Pretty much each time I click the glimmer gate although sometimes I have to do a few other things and then come back.

kooky panda
12-30-13, 12:09 PM
Make sure you do not have any other monsters in you kingdom. Make sure you **** any of these off so the golems will appear.

ktappe
12-31-13, 10:33 AM
Make sure you do not have any other monsters in you kingdom. Make sure you **** any of these off so the golems will appear.

Bingo, that was the problem. A skunkupine had appeared on the very edge of my kingdom & I didn't see it. Thanks!!

dubbleyooteeyef
02-07-14, 05:12 PM
I have no idea where I am up to in these Greselda threads / quests.
Is there a post that clearly lays out each spiderwebbed dank forest pathway to find out what is left to do, or if I have irrecoverably missed something?

Shes not on my board and I dont have her house.
I have the Blade of Darkness and now trying for Light.
Where am I?

maguar
02-07-14, 08:10 PM
I have no idea where I am up to in these Greselda threads / quests.
Is there a post that clearly lays out each spiderwebbed dank forest pathway to find out what is left to do, or if I have irrecoverably missed something?

Shes not on my board and I dont have her house.
I have the Blade of Darkness and now trying for Light.
Where am I?

Try checking out this post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=790480&viewfull=1#post790480) in Dabag's goal thread. Don't worry it's not a thread where you can irrecoverably miss something. Just keep trying for the blade of light (may take awhile).

dubbleyooteeyef
02-08-14, 07:03 PM
Thanks Maguar
Looks like im in part 2.

This says next week is fun for those with Greselda - Im assuming I dont "have her" until I place her castle in part 3?
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65081-Castle-Story-02-06-2014-Update-Valentine-s-Day

maguar
02-08-14, 11:53 PM
Not sure dubbleyooteeyef. They could count it as she's unlocked and moving around (most likely) or that you're doing her quests. Either way it'll be fun to find out (though there is a bit of an ick factor with the baron and greselda sitting in a tree :eek:)

Solstice14
10-09-15, 10:04 AM
I already have a glimmee bat pen. Can I skip the glimmer bat instructions and be able to continue with story?

kooky panda
10-09-15, 10:10 AM
I already have a glimmee bat pen. Can I skip the glimmer bat instructions and be able to continue with story?
This is a re-released goal, so yes you can skip it and not miss out on any future goals.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85347-Spooky-Flight-update-10-8-15-Re-Released