PDA

View Full Version : Summoners As Ground Units???

MediusSyberia
10-24-13, 09:55 AM
Just realised that the wisps that fly over everything are marked as ground units.

This has 2 interesting consequences from what I can see.

1) Flamethrowers won't shoot at them even tho they are flying over everything

2) It is possible to become almost invincible on attacks by deploying a large bunch of summoners at the corner of the screen (away from the enemies base) with a few mages to heal them. Since summoners are marked as ground units they can be healed by mages. And since they just stand there at the very corner of the map while the wisps run ahead it means the summoners never die (as mages can heal them in safety far away from any army buildings) and the wisps just destroy entire bases with ease.

Is this intended? Perhaps summoners should be marked as air units (since the wisps fly everywhere) so mages stop healing them and so we can **** them lol.

crusader7
10-24-13, 01:41 PM
That not healing an air unit is a new thing with the latest update? because I'm pretty sure that an attacker taht used airplanes on my base were healed by mages. but now I can't check it as the replay is not available anymore. I'm asking as I don't have the healer yet.
My 2 cents though: if the wisps get under heavy fire, the mages will not have time to heal. I think the scenario is possible, but not 100% bulletproof

FrozenTurtle
10-24-13, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the input and you've definitely brought up some very good points! I've brought this to the attention of our Game Design Team. :)

**Moved to Suggestions & Feedback**

syllrag
10-25-13, 12:45 AM
Interesting strategy, gonna try if this works on top level players

jacobvanbourne
10-25-13, 01:07 AM
My summoners don't stay in the corner. They follow the wisps. From a distance for sure, but they do get within range of weapons. Also, my healer constantly leaves the summoners and goes to heal someone else, like archers. I've tried placing summoners with their healers on the far side of the base and it still happens.

MediusSyberia
10-25-13, 03:44 AM
My summoners don't stay in the corner. They follow the wisps. From a distance for sure, but they do get within range of weapons. Also, my healer constantly leaves the summoners and goes to heal someone else, like archers. I've tried placing summoners with their healers on the far side of the base and it still happens.

If you deploy them right the wisps will take out the flamethrowers and similar before they can **** the mages who are protecting the summoners :P

Also there's no need for archers. Then mages go between wisps/summoners.

sand
10-30-13, 11:23 AM
I'm hearing a lot about this, but I wonder whether "a large bunch of summoners with a few mages" is a realistic, cost-effective, or time-efficient battle unit. It would cost 60k stones just to train a small unit of 10 summoners & 2 mages at Level 1, which would use the space of 110 troops. Summoners take 8 minutes each to train, while mages take 20 minutes each. How many battles can you wage in an hour at this rate? If you have 4 barracks and army bases and can march with a larger group of 20 summoners and 4 mages, that's a terribly long wait to arm up without gems. Then you have to subtract the 120K-stone LEVEL ONE training cost from what you loot. Much, much more if you are using promoted summoners & mages. Worth it? I dunno.

skyfricx
11-04-13, 12:56 AM
I'm hearing a lot about this, but I wonder whether "a large bunch of summoners with a few mages" is a realistic, cost-effective, or time-efficient battle unit. It would cost 60k stones just to train a small unit of 10 summoners & 2 mages at Level 1, which would use the space of 110 troops. Summoners take 8 minutes each to train, while mages take 20 minutes each. How many battles can you wage in an hour at this rate? If you have 4 barracks and army bases and can march with a larger group of 20 summoners and 4 mages, that's a terribly long wait to arm up without gems. Then you have to subtract the 120K-stone LEVEL ONE training cost from what you loot. Much, much more if you are using promoted summoners & mages. Worth it? I dunno.

Cost effective doesnt mean it has to be cheap to gain back your investment.. If you are crown hunting especially if you are sitting in a bunch of spellstones.. You dont need to care for the expenses.. Its an unstoppable way of gaining crowns.. Much more now that they are hoarding the crowns..its very rare to see people that has a crown reward..

goddessnikole
11-04-13, 01:48 AM
It appears to me that the summoners have been nerfed.

sand
11-06-13, 01:19 PM
Cost effective doesnt mean it has to be cheap to gain back your investment.. If you are crown hunting especially if you are sitting in a bunch of spellstones.. You dont need to care for the expenses.. Its an unstoppable way of gaining crowns.. Much more now that they are hoarding the crowns..its very rare to see people that has a crown reward..

If crown rewards are as rare as many players report, then using promoted mages and summoners to hunt crowns is rendered an even MORE ridiculous waste of resources, housing space and TRAINING TIME because, again, so terribly little is gained. If you were hauling in large numbers of crowns with these victories, then I could see how these troops would be worth training. (And when I think of those players who are gem-speeding troops between battles -- eeek!)

sand
11-06-13, 01:32 PM
By the way, Skyfricx, cost effective DOES mean you gain back your investment. That is the essential meaning of cost-effectiveness -- resources gained being greater than resources spent, with time and effort being taken into consideration. If you are saying it doesn't NEED to be cost-effective to be worth it, that's a different matter. If you don't care about the expenses, then you're clearly not concerned with cost effectiveness.

That does indeed seem to be the mindset of players who attack me with huge, costly armies to deliver 100% damage and gain 1 crown plus barely enough resources to buy a piece of Level 3 wall, or train a single bear! LOL