PDA

View Full Version : Several questions for the developers regarding drop rate of items.

isidore1378681
10-22-13, 10:12 PM
I along with many other players have obviously noticed that there is a very low drop rate for most of the items that allow us to expand and upgrade and really to play the game with any sort of satisfaction. I have also noticed that there is absolutely no response from the developers on this matter (except possibly to say that your barn can't be full when the game randomly gives the items).

This lack of response is really, really annoying. I very much enjoy this game and want to keep playing, but the total lack of response from the developers tells me they are not interested in feedback from their players, or in making the game more enjoyable for the players.

I guess what I want from the developers is an answer to these questions.

1. Explicitly state the drop rate from deliveries for:
- Shovels
- Pickaxes
- Saws
- Screws
- Paint
- Nails
- Wood Planks
- Bricks
- Hammers
- Expansion Permits
- Land Deeds
- Maps
- Anything I've missed that's required for expanding the game, upgrading, removing obstacles.

2. Tell us if you've set the drop rate so low for these items because you expect us to spend real money to get them. There's nothing wrong with this and you should not be ashamed to admit it. Storm8 is a business.

3. Explain the reasoning behind setting the real money price for these items at $.40 for a single item from the building and land clearing supplies and $.80 for each expansion item (I'm from the US so I don't know the prices from other countries). In most other games these kinds of items (especially for things that are set to drop so very rarely) would cost from 1-5 of the in-game currency that is collected by spending real money. You have yours set at 8 and 16.

4. Do you intend to increase the drop rate or decrease the real-money cost of these items at any point?

I really do want the answers to these questions, as I'm sure many of your players do, but honestly, I would just appreciate some sort of actual response from the developers about this thing that is a genuine annoyance, to the point where it is an actual bug - and not just the company line that somehow we must be just not getting them because our barns are full.

Thanks in advance.

oliviaowl
10-23-13, 03:09 PM
I agree (as most of us do) that the drop rates are too low. I think the maximum limit for tools and expansion items should be more than 175 when selling them in the market. I think this would make people more willing to sell them, instead of just hanging on to some extra ones they may have.

Paquin0711
10-25-13, 07:53 PM
The recent update says they increased the drop rate, but I have yet to see any difference. Im an extremely active player, and I do not believe that the drop rate was increased at all, even tho they claim it was raised.

sukie43
10-27-13, 10:50 AM
I have not seen any increase in the drop rate at all!

sweetcupcake555555
10-27-13, 03:11 PM
I have not seen any increase in the drop rate at all!

there is such an imbalance of items needed in this game.

for example i have 14 shovels right now (have hoarded them as too scared to sell them) , yet i havent seen paint nails screw or land deeds in weeks.
finally this morning i got the much anticipated land deed i needed and my barn was FULL so i missed out.

which leads me to say why are maps deeds etc stored in a barn. they should be stored seperately say in the house as they take up too much precious space in our barns specially if like me you have a huge excess of one type like i have 20 maps and 6 of the deeds/permits.

drop rates have noticably Not increased since update either. :(

drocket
11-15-13, 07:11 PM
i strongly agree with all the above comments about drop rates, I play daily for many hours, and due to the very low return of coins in relation to the buying rate more often than not you go backwards in the game, while you are trying to get these items. it also appears to be worse as you move up the levels. i am getting very close to giving game away as many others are not as frustrating to play. Particularly when you compare the earlier games from all the main game developers. Hopefully someone will listen. when tablets came out there were not as many players or for that matter different devices capable of playing the games. It does appear as if the greed level has increased with the no of players, rather than companies making a fair profit. Also when you compare $ costs in relation console games where you can actually play complete games, knowing the actual money you will be spending. It never goes into the thousands you can spend in these games, if you use your own cash every time you need items to keep playing.