PDA

View Full Version : Adamant and Dragon Scale

cry8888
10-22-13, 03:44 PM
So one of the requirements for night glimmer sword is an enchanted adamant bar which in turn requires one adamant and ten dragon scales...

I've had my dragon for a while and i have never received any dragon scales. Are there any alternatives in getting these scales or am I doomed to fail coz ten scales with zero dropping rate looks bad and i want to finish part 2 before part 3 comes out.

I have zero adamants too but I'm hoping I'd receive it from jeweler's trade...

PikaSquirrel
10-22-13, 04:21 PM
The Dragon Scales are random drops from your Dragon. Once you have matured your Dragon into an adult Dragon, it will start to drop items.

froltojo
10-22-13, 08:08 PM
Looks like it's going to be a long wait for dragon scales here too. My dragon has only dropped one so far. I've got no further eggs dropped from roost either. So just one dragon. It's sort of depressing visiting neighbours and seeing all their dragons and alicorns bouncing around. :-(

meme1098
10-23-13, 09:31 AM
I have only received 1 dragon scale too since mine matured. Don't remember when that was so have no clue how many times I've collected from it. But they better drop a little more often if anyone's gonna finish that part if the goal line before next Halloween.:(

brandonu
10-23-13, 12:19 PM
I only have a single dragon, but it has been mature for a while. I have 15 dragon scales.

Adamant can also come from deep mines and Sir Piggy.

bowlfullofcherries
10-23-13, 02:18 PM
I got adamant from the jewelers trade.

butterball8509
10-23-13, 05:43 PM
I only have a single dragon, but it has been mature for a while. I have 15 dragon scales.

Adamant can also come from deep mines and Sir Piggy.

Does anyone know if adamant can come from *any* level of a deep mine?

theladymorgana
10-23-13, 08:40 PM
I have had the dragon since one week since it came out and only gotten 8 scales, I haven't gotten one in months.

crystalrayn3
10-23-13, 08:46 PM
I have 14 scales. Hatched my Dragon 2-3 days after it was 1st released

dujor
10-23-13, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know if adamant can come from *any* level of a deep mine?

I have had 2 deep mines since they were released and have updated them both to level 4. So far I have only received 2 adamant.

butterball8509
10-24-13, 02:06 AM
I have had 2 deep mines since they were released and have updated them both to level 4. So far I have only received 2 adamant.

Thanks dujor.

FigmentValley
10-24-13, 05:40 AM
Adamant has come from my level 2 mine as well as the level 3 mine. As far as the dragon, he drops scales, on average, about once in 5 collections. It IS a long wait. This is much like the Mithril debacle with Sabina and the magic scissors. I have played since nearly the very beginning of the game, yet had only one shard, so I could not manufacture Mithril. It brought me to a dead stop in the game. A year had not given a single one of the 4 shards needed, but the mines finally did. They gave us the deep mines to answer that need - perhaps they will tweak the dragon. I wish you luck.....

meme1098
10-24-13, 06:06 AM
Have collected way more than 10 times from my dragon, probably closer to 20, and have only 1 dragon scale. Something's not right here!?!?

Queenzod
10-24-13, 07:25 AM
Have collected way more than 10 times from my dragon, probably closer to 20, and have only 1 dragon scale. Something's not right here!?!?

No, thats right. It isn't fun, but it's right. I got my dragon in the first few days, have collected from her millions of times (yes, I counted) ;) and I had 15 scales. It just takes a while. The one thing you can count on is that the game will eventually give you what you need. It sometimes is aggravating but don't let some stupid little binary code defeat you! You are a warrior and ruler of the glimmerwood! You are undefeatable! So, gird your loins and prepare to ask that dragon nicely if she'll give you some scales. They like it when you talk nicely to them. Oh, and some cookies. They like cookies.

:)

meme1098
10-24-13, 03:29 PM
no, thats right. It isn't fun, but it's right. I got my dragon in the first few days, have collected from her millions of times (yes, i counted) ;) and i had 15 scales. It just takes a while. The one thing you can count on is that the game will eventually give you what you need. It sometimes is aggravating but don't let some stupid little binary code defeat you! You are a warrior and ruler of the glimmerwood! You are undefeatable! So, gird your loins and prepare to ask that dragon nicely if she'll give you some scales. They like it when you talk nicely to them. Oh, and some cookies. They like cookies.

i am a warrior & ruler of the glimmerwood!:o
Thks Queenzod for the pep talk. Really needed that.:D

Queenzod
10-24-13, 03:57 PM
You are most welcome, you warrior queen (?), you. :). Maybe you're a warrior king, but whatever...

meme1098
10-24-13, 06:40 PM
Queen... Just back from granddaughters soft ball game or would have responded sooner.

rabsos
02-17-14, 01:27 AM
No, thats right. It isn't fun, but it's right. I got my dragon in the first few days, have collected from her millions of times (yes, I counted) ;) and I had 15 scales. It just takes a while. The one thing you can count on is that the game will eventually give you what you need. It sometimes is aggravating but don't let some stupid little binary code defeat you! You are a warrior and ruler of the glimmerwood! You are undefeatable! So, gird your loins and prepare to ask that dragon nicely if she'll give you some scales. They like it when you talk nicely to them. Oh, and some cookies. They like cookies.

Love this...now how do I get cookies from
My kitchen to my castle...hummmmm...???

Anyuszko
02-17-14, 01:39 AM
Last time I got 2 adamants frow jewelers trade. (among with silver and iron ores ofc)

celphyn
03-01-14, 02:42 PM
I'm stuck at Lady Greselda quest because I don't have a dragon !
I need dragon scales, so i can move on to the next step.
The dragon is too expensive. I don't have enough gems and I'm actually saving up for the fortune teller (I think im gonna give it up for the dragon)
It gonna take me a lonnnnnnng time to save up so much gems >.<
Usually, I don't use gems for quest. Unfortunetly, we have to use them to continue the story =[
Just hope it won't take me a year to get, first, some gems, then, a dragon and finally dragon scales !
And also hope to get a dragon from an adventure instead of overgrown bench !

meme1098
03-01-14, 02:57 PM
I'm stuck at Lady Greselda quest because I don't have a dragon !
I need dragon scales, so i can move on to the next step.
The dragon is too expensive. I don't have enough gems and I'm actually saving up for the fortune teller (I think im gonna give it up for the dragon)
It gonna take me a lonnnnnnng time to save up so much gems >.<
Usually, I don't use gems for quest. Unfortunetly, we have to use them to continue the story =[
Just hope it won't take me a year to get, first, some gems, then, a dragon and finally dragon scales !
And also hope to get a dragon from an adventure instead of overgrown bench !

The dragon egg comes from the Forgotten Roost. Have you checked your forge to see if you have the egg yet?

Once you get one, I think there's a quest to do. Check this thread out for more info: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54454-Dragon-egg

I have 1 now in the forge I need to craft but I'm waiting til I'm done with the new goals since I don't want to tie up my forge. Here's how it looks.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2z7e4nk.jpg

celphyn
03-01-14, 03:12 PM
Thanks Meme =]
I'm gonna look into it.

homegrown234
03-02-14, 05:21 AM
Looks like it's going to be a long wait for dragon scales here too. My dragon has only dropped one so far. I've got no further eggs dropped from roost either. So just one dragon. It's sort of depressing visiting neighbours and seeing all their dragons and alicorns bouncing around. :-(

Haha. I got 4 alicorns none paid for but I know the feeling.

ciarjen
03-02-14, 06:15 AM
Thanks Meme =]
I'm gonna look into it.

Once you have the egg you need to get the burning ember to hatch it (middle picture above). This comes from the Desert Sands Adventure and is a rare drop. I got my first one and have just recently hatched my first dragon and I waiting for enough scales to continue on the Greselda quest.

But I had a second egg and I bought the burning ember for 80 gems to incubate it. That's much cheaper than buying a dragon in the market and less stressful on my silver resources, which the adventure requirements need.

I've ruled out buying the Fortune Teller at the moment because it does not give great rewards for the gems. If you are saving up ,you may find that other things help you along in the game better. Wizard schools for example, mermaid pond, dragon, etc.

vickibabes
07-17-14, 11:21 PM
I have the dragon egg but can't hatch until I get the diamond which people in here have said can take up to 6 months to drop from their deep mine :( so how else do I obtain dragon scales?

I cannot afford to buy gems ... This game is really starting to annoy me due to the high cost of playing. If I bought gems each time I have these quests, CS would have cost me the equivalent of buying a brand new PS3!

claupu
07-18-14, 12:21 AM
I have the dragon egg but can't hatch until I get the diamond which people in here have said can take up to 6 months to drop from their deep mine :( so how else do I obtain dragon scales?

I cannot afford to buy gems ... This game is really starting to annoy me due to the high cost of playing. If I bought gems each time I have these quests, CS would have cost me the equivalent of buying a brand new PS3!

Hey vicki,

I don't think there are other ways to get dragon scales. But I also think 6 months is the rare exeption. I "only" waited 10 days or so to get my large diamant.

Good luck!

vickibabes
07-20-14, 07:56 AM
Thanks, I'm nearly at the point where I can level up to 5 on the deep mine but alongside other quests it's been 2 mths since I got the egg, and I had the burning ember on the first quest with the knights! I shall hope that by next weekend I've finally got that blasted diamond LOL xx

PurpleScorpion76
07-20-14, 08:38 AM
I have 1 1st level mine, have adamant from who knows where and no idea of its use still have no use for my 8 mithril yet that I've managed to collect. Am I ahead of the game but behind in some way?