PDA

View Full Version : Declining a gift

helenikesekene
10-21-13, 03:29 PM
If I decline a gift will the sender find out? Will he get a message that I declined?

maguar
10-21-13, 03:48 PM
There is nothing in the game that will tell the sender that you declined a gift. You could post on there wall if you really wanted to . . .

sharpguy32
10-21-13, 08:10 PM
Something else I wanted to toss out there, from my observation. I may be wrong, so correct me if I am, but don't think I am. If you don't click Accept/Decline on pending gifts, they still count as max gifts per day. So if you have 20 pending gifts, then you can not receive anymore. A while back, I thought I would be "slick" and wait and let all the pending gifts build up, then decide at the end of the day which ones were the best and that I wanted. But then noticed when wife sent me a gift, it would say that I received the Max already.

I think that's why when you click Decline, you will see a "Processing" message, but when you click Accept you don't see that message. I believe when you click Decline, it sends a message to the server to subtract one max gift from the counter. So if you're trying to build up a parts collection, its best to frequently login and decline the little brownies and cupcakes, so that you have room to receive more gifts.

If you're requesting parts that day, don't be too quick to accept maximum amount of gifts too quickly. When I get a parts request, I will visit that neighbor, tip them, click Gift and send them that part. Then go back to News (I do news last so I don't lose there name in the list) and click the Accept button. That way you get two parts that you really want. I notice a small handful of others do this as well. So if you accepted 20 stews and cupcakes early in the day, then you might be missing out on some goodies later on when you do a parts request ;) I usually wait until close to the reset time before sending mass gifts to everyone. That way I can keep sending you two parts throughout the day, even if you got on late at night.

So moral of story, Declining can be a useful strategy, sometimes...

jessicamle
10-29-13, 11:23 AM
Thank you so much sharpguy32, you answered all my questions about gifting. Happy playing !!