PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] level 4 (mastery) gem problem

traellen
10-21-13, 01:26 PM
Operating system: iOS 7.0.2
Game version: 1.6.9

Since the Halloween goal started, I have not had the window pop up which awards the 2nd gem when level 4 of a recipe is completed. It appears that I am still getting the gem, but it is given while preparing the recipe and without any notification that it was given. I only noticed it recently, but I assume that the gem is still awarded in every case. I have not noticed if the first gem is affected this way as well. It stopped popping up when the Halloween recipes arrived and affects non-Halloween recipes as well.

greygull
10-21-13, 01:49 PM
Have you been tapping too quickly? I know I've personally done that (I did it the other day again, actually). If you're only missing the pop up, but you're still receiving the gem, try restarting your device, or deleting and reinstalling the game.

traellen
10-21-13, 03:40 PM
It is happening on both my devices, my ipad mini and my iphone 4. I'm not tapping too quickly. I am very careful actually because I've lost many gems from tapping too fast in the beginning. I can reinstall on both devices but it's unlikely that that's the issue.

traellen
10-21-13, 04:16 PM
I've reinstalled on both devices. Now I'm mastering something to see if it happens again. Given that it was on two different devices, chances are pretty high that it will. It began around the Oct 14 app update. There was another problem that came with that update which I will post separately.

nmishii
10-21-13, 06:54 PM
I don't always get the popup that I completed a level, but I do get the rewards. Its pretty random, and I don't tap too fast. As long as I get the gems, I'm fine. If I reported it they often won't do anything unless you provide screenshots (and often that doesn't mean they'll look into the issue in my lifetime), and no way am I going to take screenshots before I cook/serve in case I don't get a popup.

greygull
10-21-13, 07:22 PM
I mastered to level 4 today on my iPad - and I did receive the pop up. Are both device the same versions, and both games?

traellen
10-21-13, 08:10 PM
Yes they are both the same OS and game versions. The odd thing is, after I reinstalled, the first one gave me a pop up for level 2 but then after that I got no more. And I have always gotten a pop up, every time. It has never missed or been random. Now, other than the initial one, I am getting none at all. And the odd thing is, I'm not sure when I getting the gem. I look when I prepare the recipe, and the gems don't increase. I look when I serve it and I also get no gem, but sometime in between the who events, the gem number goes up. I am still testing it though, so I should get back to you tomorrow with more specific info. It also definitely began with the Halloween recipes. That's what triggered it.

traellen
10-21-13, 08:12 PM
What I mean is the Halloween recipes were the first ones to have this behaviour and then the others did after that.

traellen
10-21-13, 08:13 PM
I'm on an ipad mini and an iphone 4, if that possibly makes any difference.

traellen
10-21-13, 08:30 PM
I'm taking screen shots this time :-) because I'm not 100% sure I got the gem this last time. I definitely didn't get it during preparation or during serving.

traellen
10-22-13, 02:04 PM
I finally saw the bug in action. It didn't happen with the first recipe I mastered today, although I had only 1 or 2 servings left on the first one so perhaps it would have happened if I had had more to prepare. I have included a couple of screenshots to show what happened, which is pretty obvious once you see it.

I started with 125 gems. I selected French toast. It was already approximately half way through level 4 so there were only ~20 servings remaining when I started. I prepared and served 17 servings. First of all, the bar should have been much further along after this. Here is a screenshot showing where the bar was after the first 17 servings and note the number of gems is 125.

So, I started to prepare more servings, and as I was preparing them, the number of gems went up to 126 (no window popped up). You can see in the next screenshot that it is 126 even though the bar is not at the end yet:

What happened next was that as I was serving the French toast, the gem window popped up and the number of gems went up to 127. About a minute after that, it went back down to 126. I didn't screen shot it right away because I didn't expect it to revert back to 126.

So obviously there is something wrong here. The window doesn't always pop up, for one (even though it did this particular time), but also the gem number is either increasing at the wrong time, i.e. during preparation, or there is a horrendous amount of lag taking place. But my internet connection is good and I'm experiencing no issues like this when I play Bakery Story.

traellen
10-24-13, 08:54 AM
This is repeatable on two devices. Having been a software tester and programmer, this is indicative to me of a potentially serious issue. You have to master a Halloween recipe first if it isn't happening. The haloween recipes cause the gem to be awarded during preparation and without a window popping. This seems to affect the way the other recipes behave.

greygull
10-24-13, 04:37 PM
I'll flag this over

decostop
10-26-13, 06:38 AM
I'm having the same issue. But it's not happening with all recipes.....seems to be intermittent. At first I thought I was not getting the gem either, but then I started tapping slow and found the gem counter went up BEFORE the mastery slider completed itself. It is a new glitch....I've only noticed it the last month or so.

decostop
10-27-13, 12:07 PM
Just happened again for me on the stove for "airline lunch".

traellen
10-28-13, 10:14 AM
Agreed. It doesn't happen every time, but what I noticed was it happened for the second gem awarded that day and it was also very much tied to the Halloween recipes. Beyond that, they would have to pay me to investigate it properly :-)

[S8] Regina
10-28-13, 05:32 PM
I'm taking screen shots this time :-) because I'm not 100% sure I got the gem this last time. I definitely didn't get it during preparation or during serving.

Please send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance with this issue. An agent will respond as soon as they can. Thank you! :)