PDA

View Full Version : Question, if you decline gifts do they count?

Kandykizzez
10-21-13, 06:04 AM
If you get things like choco cake and decline it, does it still count towards your gift limit?

gdmcrjunkie
10-21-13, 07:37 AM
Nope, if you decline gifts they don't count in the 20 gift limit :) So you might want to check often and decline what you don't want since most people won't try to send a gift again if they get the max message~

Kandykizzez
10-21-13, 07:44 AM
Thank you very much

chewytwix
10-21-13, 08:02 AM
if you maxed out on requests, decline a few gifts and some of your requests should be filled. this has been so useful for me when im building new machines during goals. general rule of thumb: accept gifts at the end of the day, accept requests AFTER you gift everyone, especially during first week of goals.

Kandykizzez
10-21-13, 08:10 AM
Thank you for information.

gdmcrjunkie
10-21-13, 09:52 AM
if you maxed out on requests, decline a few gifts and some of your requests should be filled. this has been so useful for me when im building new machines during goals. general rule of thumb: accept gifts at the end of the day, accept requests AFTER you gift everyone, especially during first week of goals.

Oh? I thought the request and gift count were separate, interesting...

rach1876
10-21-13, 10:20 AM
I thought they were separate too. So if you send out material requests then turn around and accept your regular gifts does that max you out and that's why no one responds, or so it seems, to material requests?
Oh? I thought the request and gift count were separate, interesting...

Kandykizzez
10-22-13, 02:58 PM
Now i am confused again. Can we get a gm to reply please?

chillez
10-22-13, 04:06 PM
They are seperate. If you send out a request and decline some gifts then people see what part you want and send it. That's been my experience these past few years.

Sparkly888
10-23-13, 05:41 PM
It's my understanding that if I send out a Material Request and someone responds, the part goes directly to my Gift box.

kvoeller
10-23-13, 06:24 PM
Just be careful declining too many if you play on an iOS device because sometimes the game will eat the gift slot and you won't get others sent. I play on an ipad and one day I declined 8 parts for the movie ovens because I was done building them and I waited and waited for other neighbors to gift but all they were posting on my wall was "tips, gift maxed." Then I jumped on my iPhone bakery and tried to gift myself and got the "oh darn, we were unable to send gifts to your friends..." message. So my advice is to be careful declining too many because I would rather have a stupid food gift than only get 12 parts for the day :/. And before anyone even asks, yes I emailed support about this as well as deleted and reinstalled the app, etc, etc.

nmishii
10-30-13, 09:53 AM
Just be careful declining too many if you play on an iOS device because sometimes the game will eat the gift slot and you won't get others sent. I play on an ipad and one day I declined 8 parts for the movie ovens because I was done building them and I waited and waited for other neighbors to gift but all they were posting on my wall was "tips, gift maxed." Then I jumped on my iPhone bakery and tried to gift myself and got the "oh darn, we were unable to send gifts to your friends..." message. So my advice is to be careful declining too many because I would rather have a stupid food gift than only get 12 parts for the day :/. And before anyone even asks, yes I emailed support about this as well as deleted and reinstalled the app, etc, etc.

Sometimes the declined gifts are still counted. Its been reported many times in the forum. It can happen with one gift also. If you delete the gift, and that info doesn't get to the servers for whatever reason, the server doesn't know the gift was deleted, and still counts it.

Kandykizzez
10-30-13, 10:00 AM
Ok thanks, ihave posted to my wall and to others:

I came to visit. Active players please add me, Kandykizzez �� ��
���� PLEASE ONLY SEND TOOLS NO FOOD GIFTS. ����

So now i just delete those who keep sending food items

kvoeller
10-31-13, 10:18 PM
Sometimes the declined gifts are still counted. Its been reported many times in the forum. It can happen with one gift also. If you delete the gift, and that info doesn't get to the servers for whatever reason, the server doesn't know the gift was deleted, and still counts it.

Right. I've noticed it has been all over the forum and that's why I thought it was worth noting :).

kvoeller
11-01-13, 09:56 AM
@nmishii I have also noticed (and many others have too) that sometimes if I leave my gifts pending until later in the day to accept, one or two of the gifts seem to disappear off the bottom of my gift list and don't show up in my gifts and count towards my 20. What are your thoughts on that? I've seen soooo many threads about disappearing gifts but have yet to see it explained. No worries if you have no idea, I just thought I would ask since you have been around much longer than me ;).