PDA

View Full Version : Playing on different devices

khajalid
10-20-13, 08:44 PM
hi,

Is there a way to manage same account from different android devices?

nmishii
10-20-13, 09:07 PM
No, that feature was recently released to iOS and you can do that from iOS devices. Hopefully one day they'll allow Android devices to do the same.

goofy42
10-21-13, 11:56 AM
I have a question..I hope I am posting this on the correct thread. I play RS on two devices. I have been reading that
it is now possible to access both 'restaurant' games on either device. Here is my problem: I started RS on my iPod a
few years ago, and I'm at level 99. Then, my husband got an iPad mini, so he gave me his iPad. I thought I could play
my game (at the same level...99) on that device. I found out that couldn't be done. So, I simply started a new
restaurant on his iPad (and now, I'm at level 99 in that game.) I have all the two Storm IDs (one for each device).
However, my iPod is registered in my name, but my husband's iPad (which I use now) is registered in his name. I am
hoping that I would still be able to access both games on both devices. Sorry for this long post, but can anyone tell
me if that would be possible? Thanks

kooky panda
10-21-13, 12:53 PM
I have a question..I hope I am posting this on the correct thread. I play RS on two devices. I have been reading that
it is now possible to access both 'restaurant' games on either device. Here is my problem: I started RS on my iPod a
few years ago, and I'm at level 99. Then, my husband got an iPad mini, so he gave me his iPad. I thought I could play
my game (at the same level...99) on that device. I found out that couldn't be done. So, I simply started a new
restaurant on his iPad (and now, I'm at level 99 in that game.) I have all the two Storm IDs (one for each device).
However, my iPod is registered in my name, but my husband's iPad (which I use now) is registered in his name. I am
hoping that I would still be able to access both games on both devices. Sorry for this long post, but can anyone tell
me if that would be possible? Thanks
You should be able to go to each RS game and set a password (if you do not already have one) for each storm ID.
Then you can log on and off each game on either device.

See Post 1 for more information

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-New-Login-feature-in-Restaurant-Story!-(login-applies-to-all-games)&p=759602&viewfull=1#post759602

goofy42
10-22-13, 10:35 AM
Okay..new day...new question:-) I play RS on my iPod and my husband's iPad. I cannot seem to log into my iPad account when I am using the iPod (and vice versa). I was wondering if it could be because my iPod is registered to me (in my name) and my husband's iPad is registered to him (in his name). Could this be the reason I cannot do it? In other words, do both devices have to be registered to the same person? I do have Storm IDs and passwords for each of my restaurants. Is that all the info I need to type in for this feature to work? Thanks for any information.

kooky panda
10-22-13, 10:50 AM
Okay..new day...new question:-) I play RS on my iPod and my husband's iPad. I cannot seem to log into my iPad account when I am using the iPod (and vice versa). I was wondering if it could be because my iPod is registered to me (in my name) and my husband's iPad is registered to him (in his name). Could this be the reason I cannot do it? In other words, do both devices have to be registered to the same person? I do have Storm IDs and passwords for each of my restaurants. Is that all the info I need to type in for this feature to work? Thanks for any information.
I think all you need is your storm ID and password. Did you try changing the password under the menu in the game.

goofy42
10-22-13, 11:17 AM
I think all you need is your storm ID and password. Did you try changing the password under the menu in the game.

I didn't try changing the password yet, because I wanted to make sure that I could access both games on both devices (though they are not both registered to me.) The passwords do pop up when I start the games ('welcome...pw'), so I am assuming they are correct. Here's another question: I know that my iPod is the most recent version, but I am using the original iPad, and I don't think that can be updated to the latest version. The games themselves are updated, but could the problem be that the iPad is not updated? Or should it work anyway? thank you so much.

kooky panda
10-22-13, 11:28 AM
I didn't try changing the password yet, because I wanted to make sure that I could access both games on both devices (though they are not both registered to me.) The passwords do pop up when I start the games ('welcome...pw'), so I am assuming they are correct. Here's another question: I know that my iPod is the most recent version, but I am using the original iPad, and I don't think that can be updated to the latest version. The games themselves are updated, but could the problem be that the iPad is not updated? Or should it work anyway? thank you so much.
I am pretty sure it will work. If there is an available update for ipad I would recommend updating it.

goofy42
10-22-13, 12:33 PM
I am pretty sure it will work. If there is an available update for ipad I would recommend updating it.
Thanks....I did check the Apple site yesterday and, if I remember correctly, they mentioned that the original iPad cannot be updated to the most recent version.
I guess that's why there is a newer version of the iPad.

I actually do have one more question (sorry). My hubby said that (if I want) he would buy me an iPad Mini. Now, if he does that, then I can register that in my name, and my iPod is already in my name. No problem there. Here is what I want to know....If I do get one, I know I would be able to transfer the game from my iPod (registered in my name) to the new iPad Mini (which would be in my name). I just want to know if, after all that, I would be able to use the 'play on different devices' feature, using the iPad Mini (mine and using the latest version) with the iPad (his, and not the latest version). I'm sorry if this is sounding nuts. I apologize. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to read all this and respond so quickly. Thanks...

goofy42
10-22-13, 01:08 PM
Quick one now...If I buy the iPad mini (which would be registered in my name), would I be able to transfer the game from the original iPad (which is in my husband's name) over to the iPad mini? And would all the data be transferred over? (I am at level 99 and I don't want to lose anything). I checked the Apple site and the original iPad cannot be upgraded to the latest version. Would that fact make the transfer impossible to do? Once again, thanks...

kooky panda
10-22-13, 01:10 PM
Quick one now...If I buy the iPad mini (which would be registered in my name), would I be able to transfer the game from the original iPad (which is in my husband's name) over to the iPad mini? And would all the data be transferred over? (I am at level 99 and I don't want to lose anything). I checked the Apple site and the original iPad cannot be upgraded to the latest version. Would that fact make the transfer impossible to do? Once again, thanks...

Yes. It really does not matter who actually owns a device. As long as it is your game and you have the storm ID and password, you should be able to pull all the games over to your new Ipad mini .

goofy42
10-22-13, 02:04 PM
Yes. It really does not matter who actually owns a device. As long as it is your game and you have the storm ID and password, you should be able to pull all the games over to your new Ipad mini .

Thanks so much...and it doesn't matter that the iPad is not the most updated version?

meme1098
10-22-13, 02:10 PM
Shouldn't matter, but just a suggestion. Try trading the old iPad in. I got a $200 gift card at Best Buy for mine and used it towards the ipad4. (Should come out money wise then about the same as buying an iPad mini.)
Also, a new iPad will be coming out soon so don't know if that matters to you or not.

goofy42
10-22-13, 02:22 PM
Shouldn't matter, but just a suggestion. Try trading the old iPad in. I got a $200 gift card at Best Buy for mine and used it towards the ipad4. (Should come out money wise then about the same as buying an iPad mini.)
Also, a new iPad will be coming out soon so don't know if that matters to you or not.
I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given to me. I know I've written many questions, and I just want you to know
how much I appreciate your assistance.

kooky panda
10-22-13, 02:42 PM
No problem at all. WAAAAAY back when I was going to do my first transfer I was a huge pest asking tons of questions!

viayoung5
10-23-13, 03:39 PM
Hi...along these lines... I am currently going through a somewhat similar situation...
Started my first Storm ID on my iPhone 5, then created a second Storm ID on my iPad Mini with the SAME password. (So, I thought!) With this recent update on iOS, I was excited to be able to play both restaurants on my iPad Mini (bigger screen which is more appealing) and when I switched accounts on my iPad, it was successful! However, I soon realized that when I tried to switch back to my second Storm ID, my password which was probably mistyped during the initial setup stages and therefore I can't retrieve that acct. TL has thankfully reached out to me but says that I need to open up a brand new Storm ID. How can I do this if both my iPhone and iPad are now playing the same game (because I can't switch to my other account!) ? Can anyone help or am I confusing you?

kooky panda
10-23-13, 04:38 PM
Hi...along these lines... I am currently going through a somewhat similar situation...
Started my first Storm ID on my iPhone 5, then created a second Storm ID on my iPad Mini with the SAME password. (So, I thought!) With this recent update on iOS, I was excited to be able to play both restaurants on my iPad Mini (bigger screen which is more appealing) and when I switched accounts on my iPad, it was successful! However, I soon realized that when I tried to switch back to my second Storm ID, my password which was probably mistyped during the initial setup stages and therefore I can't retrieve that acct. TL has thankfully reached out to me but says that I need to open up a brand new Storm ID. How can I do this if both my iPhone and iPad are now playing the same game (because I can't switch to my other account!) ? Can anyone help or am I confusing you?
Can you take the one account that has the valid password and log into it on the other device?
Then should have the storm ID with the unknown password on one device and the storm ID with the known password on a device.
(If I am understanding your situation correctly!)