PDA

View Full Version : Selling Wallpapers

Ryverleigh
10-19-13, 05:10 PM
I know that we are unable to sell wallpapers however this is causing a problem for me now due to the Goal requirements for "The Perfect Look". When I received the previous goal for buying the modern tables and modern chairs I had gold left over and began perusing through the wallpapers. I came across the purple Light Bar wallpapers and thought they were a great look for the price so I did my whole restaurant in them. Once I finished and saved my design the new goal came up and of course Murphy's law dictates that I need to "buy" 8 of the light bar wallpapers. Well since I already have 22 of them, this creates a problem. I tried just placing new paper on the walls and reapplying the light bar but it doesn't count as buying. I can't buy 8 more because I have no more wall spaces to place them on. And no, I don't want to wait to expand 8 more (if that's even possible, I don't know how many more expansions or spaces that is). All other games I've played like this have had an option to sell the wall papers and if we are unable to sell them in RS I only see it as fair that once we have already purchased them they should count as part of any goal that requires them. Otherwise I'll have a rather puny goal that stays uncompleted for quite a long time if I have to wait to expand which will be extremely frustrating. Could a moderator tell me how Team Lave plans on fixing this? Anyone else had a problem like this? Thanks guys.

kvoeller
10-19-13, 09:25 PM
Generally when a goal requires you to buy wallpaper, you can buy any wallpaper to complete the goal. I remember that goal set and I wasn't fond of that particular wallpaper so I bought a different one. It generally works for floor tiles as well (any floor tile will complete the goal). What I do is try to purchase one floor tile or wallpaper and then exit design mode and see if it counted towards the goal before buying more. On some of the newer timed goals, like the movie goals in bakery story and the Halloween goals, you have to buy the suggested floor tiles but can buy whatever wallpaper you choose. Just try buying something different and see if that works. Hope all goes well for you :). Let us know how it works out.

[S8] Regina
10-20-13, 06:51 PM
Generally when a goal requires you to buy wallpaper, you can buy any wallpaper to complete the goal. I remember that goal set and I wasn't fond of that particular wallpaper so I bought a different one. It generally works for floor tiles as well (any floor tile will complete the goal). What I do is try to purchase one floor tile or wallpaper and then exit design mode and see if it counted towards the goal before buying more. On some of the newer timed goals, like the movie goals in bakery story and the Halloween goals, you have to buy the suggested floor tiles but can buy whatever wallpaper you choose. Just try buying something different and see if that works. Hope all goes well for you :). Let us know how it works out.

That's right :) You can also buy other "new" wallpapers or floortiles to fulfill the goal. They have to be "new" and cannot be old ones taken out of inventory.