PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Income Vs Market Value

Buggi79
10-18-13, 10:03 PM
So I wanted to do a direct comparison of delivery income to what the default "Market Value" was of the items in the delivery.

Below are the results. As you can see, the system is horribly out of balance.

Market Breakdown
Delivery of:

2 Scarves
1 Bread
2 Cocoa Beans
2 Peppers
1 Baked Potato

Delivery income: 142
Delivery XP : 138

Free Market default value:
2 Scarves 116
1 Bread 32
2 Cocoa Beans 8
2 Peppers 50
1 Baked Potato 98

Total default Market value: 304

Even if you substituted XP with coins you still wouldn't have the same value!

Why are they're no Developer reps on the forums to explain this? Why is the dev so opaque when it comes to their games? Why is this game so horribly out of balance? 8 gems for a shovel? I understand the need for income, but driving customers away with costs like this is counter-productive. You want as many eyes on your product as possible and stuff should be cheap enough to make people WANT to pay a little something. I'd rather have paid $4.99 for the full game and forget about this gem system.

That's the reason I stopped playing Jewel Mania and just bought "Bejeweled". I get far more enjoyment over a game I am not constantly asked to spend money on. As a game designer, I am consistently baffled by the design decisions that have gone into these story games.

sunkalito
10-19-13, 06:49 AM
And if you notice properly, sometimes you'll get deliveries that pay nearly half of other deliveries, with the same items! Very little income comes from the deliveries, but i do them because i want a chance at getting items - maps, building parts, tools, etc., that i cannot seem to get often enough. :( oh well. Makes the game a bit more slow-paced, I suppose.

queenaleecia
10-19-13, 09:12 AM
I was going to make a post like this today. It's totally ridiculous. Tl won't address it though. They couldn't care less what we think and they're just not a fair company. I don't even send deliveries because it takes too long to make the items and not get a decent return. I sell everything in my store. The buildings are super expensive. You'd never make enough to progress just sending deliveries.

FrozenTurtle
10-21-13, 10:09 AM
We're sorry if you're not earning enough from the Deliveries. Just to be clear, the Deliveries are meant to supplement any income made from your Shop. As you mention, the Deliveries will also yield super valuable drops! We actually just recently increased the drop rates of these premium parts, so hopefully you'll be getting more of them! :)

Hey olcastle, we just increased the frequency of premium parts from pets drastically yesterday, so you may not have seen the changes yet! You should start seeing some pretty great drops soon :)

raycholio
10-21-13, 10:31 AM
We're sorry if you're not earning enough from the Deliveries. Just to be clear, the Deliveries are meant to supplement any income made from your Shop. As you mention, the Deliveries will also yield super valuable drops! We actually just recently increased the drop rates of these premium parts, so hopefully you'll be getting more of them! :)

The quote you included only mentions increased drop rates of premium parts from pets. Has the drop rate also been increased for deliveries?

ginrae22
10-21-13, 11:04 AM
He said deliveries so hopefully that starts going into effect soon. I haven't noticed any improvement yet.

raycholio
10-21-13, 11:42 AM
He said deliveries so hopefully that starts going into effect soon. I haven't noticed any improvement yet.

No, he didn't. He said the drop rates were increased and then included a quote for reference which only specifically says the drop rates were increased for pets. So I just was wondering if all drop rates were increased or, as the quote says, only the drop rates for pets.

ghjvcucjb
10-21-13, 12:09 PM
I have seen an increase I drop rates for pick axes and permits. Thank you TL. Would love to see a few more deeds and screws if you're taking requests!

I think what TL is saying is that to earn money, stick with the store. If you want to earn some money AND get random drops and xp then do deliveries. If you want gems, some money and some random drops do train deliveries. I think the point of the game is to balance all aspects available and not focus on just one part of the game. Translated: money for buildings...store. Random drops, xp for expansions...plane deliveries. Gems and random drops for gem items and skips...train. JMHO

FrozenTurtle
10-21-13, 12:55 PM
Sorry for the confusion! We also increased the drop rates of other premium parts, especially the expansion parts from Deliveries. :)

ginrae22
10-21-13, 01:27 PM
Sorry for the confusion! We also increased the drop rates of other premium parts, especially the expansion parts from Deliveries. :)

This is what I thought you meant. Thank you for clarification.

sunkalito
10-21-13, 02:05 PM

Hmmm, I haven't really noticed this yet... :p I'll give it a few more days. It's ridiculous that I never get a bloody shovel!!

ginrae22
10-21-13, 02:07 PM
maybe there is hope! I just did my first delivery in hours and bam land deed! Okay mama needs some more land deeds haha. I feel like I'm rolling dice on a table. I mean basically...

mamareader02
10-21-13, 02:25 PM
I only do "cheap n easy" deliveries,so I can use my goods in my shop,I'm always shocked at how fast my subs and fried fish go,and I list those moneymakers at top price!

ginrae22
10-21-13, 02:33 PM
I can't wait until I can make that stuff lol. I'm poor haha just spend alll my money on the pizza oven! Starting all over again.

kooky panda
10-21-13, 02:40 PM
I can't wait until I can make that stuff lol. I'm poor haha just spend alll my money on the pizza oven! Starting all over again.
I just exanded to the beehive (55,000 coins) I am also poor!!

ginrae22
10-21-13, 02:48 PM
I just exanded to the beehive (55,000 coins) I am also poor!!

woo for solidarity ! Thanks ; )

ginrae22
10-21-13, 03:24 PM
ugh i only need one more land deed to expand to the pond!! Sooooo close. But since the first land deed no items from deliveries at all. : (

Oh and people are buying like crazy from the newspaper! maybe it should be every 3 or 2 minutes haha. cus it's all bought within about 1 minute right now.

Buggi79
10-21-13, 06:59 PM
Increased drop rates? I just sent 10 deliveries and not one gave me anything other than coins and XP.

Furthermore, I have two available deliveries, each is 2 stew's (crafted with carrots, potatoes, and bacon).

One gives 148 Xp and 178 coins
The other gives 100 xp and 275 coins.

For the SAME item. And same number of those items.

queentina3
10-22-13, 06:12 AM
Increased drop rates? I just sent 10 deliveries and not one gave me anything other than coins and XP.

Furthermore, I have two available deliveries, each is 2 stew's (crafted with carrots, potatoes, and bacon).

One gives 148 Xp and 178 coins
The other gives 100 xp and 275 coins.

For the SAME item. And same number of those items.

Let me preface what I'm about to say as I'm not defending TL. LOL

Another game I play, which is basically a replica of FS2, has their market and delivery system set up almost the same exact way. I've been playing that game for well over a year now. What I do, and many others, is use the delivery system just to obtain necessary XP to get to the next level, or to complete the achievements (not the same as goals), otherwise they use the market to gain money. The difference between this game and that one is that items needed to expand or clear land can only be obtained through deliveries or animals that cost gems to purchase, whereas the other game you get these items through harvesting your crops or when taking items you made from your machines.

Farm Story 2 makes you dependent on sending deliveries in order to get these items, unless you're lucky and find them for sale in the paper (which we all know is VERY rare).

So, while I know it stinks that the delivery system is so out of balance, it isn't unheard of for it to be that way and I doubt they'll change it. :(

aimeeq
10-23-13, 09:36 AM
I am enjoying this game so much more now that I know that. I've made $10,000 already today since I'm not focusing on deliveries. I'm just doing them to get stuff for the mine. I figure expansion parts will take care of themselves by the time I get around to the beehive and have enough $ for it

crystalrayn3
10-23-13, 11:33 AM
I had my whole strategy incorrect then! I've been focusing on meeting item quotas for Deliveries instead of selling items in my Shop. Going to start doing the opposite now. Hope it works! I'm in dire need of the Juicer LOL

sanya87
10-23-13, 11:48 AM
Selling your stuff in the shop is the best way to make the money. That way i saved enough to buy all the machines that were unlocked when i reached certain level. I did struggle sometimes when i spend a lot to buy the parts and maps i needed but still i managed to have enough.

So if your priority is to earn as much coins as you can, sell the stuff and do the plane occasinally when it offers you at least some decent amount of money.

sweetypies97
10-23-13, 12:43 PM

Thank you SO much. I had noticed, but I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything in case it was a fluke. I'm enjoying the game so much more with the butterfly collection, the newspaper refresh rate and now the increased drop rate. It has really made a difference.

ginrae22
10-23-13, 01:41 PM
I don't think I've ever gotten a screw from deliveries and I'm soooo desperate for some! But I don't know how to get them I've been scouring the newspaper and neighbors an random peoples shops and they just aren't there. Some help please people ?!

avian946
10-23-13, 01:54 PM
I agree!! I decided about a week ago to stop filling deliveries, and only sell on the market. I've made about 60k! I never would have made that with deliveries! Only prob is that now I'm constantly going into community members stalls hoping they are selling expansion parts! I've found a couple! It also means I can save easily to buy the new buildings as soon as i level up.

sunkalito
10-23-13, 02:36 PM
I don't think I've ever gotten a screw from deliveries and I'm soooo desperate for some! But I don't know how to get them I've been scouring the newspaper and neighbors an random peoples shops and they just aren't there. Some help please people ?!

Do you still need screws? I used to have loads of them, but then used them up and "only" have 5 now. Now i have like 15 hammers though. XD
I was lucky enough that i managed to find a ton of expansion items from some people for sale, some of them really cheap. But mostly i spent tons of cash buying what i needed when i managed to find it. :/

I'll chnge my strategy too!! Stupid me only ever sold stuff when i needed the room in the barn, and i hardly ever visited the newspaper. Omg. What had i been missing on? Surprised i managed enough money for the third food maker, or for the pizza oven and the other shops only through plain plane deliveries. Duh. XD

queentina3
10-23-13, 03:37 PM

I'm getting almost nothing from my deliveries. I've done tons and have received 3 items in the past 2 days, that is unreal. If the drop rate has increased, it hasn't shown up in my iPad game. I'm barely even seeing any butterflies and am still missing 1 from the top row and 1 from the bottom row. Some that are already filled have like 6 of that kind. I think I've found 4 butterflies in the past 2 days. :(

ginrae22
10-23-13, 04:44 PM
Do you still need screws? I used to have loads of them, but then used them up and "only" have 5 now. Now i have like 15 hammers though. XD
I was lucky enough that i managed to find a ton of expansion items from some people for sale, some of them really cheap. But mostly i spent tons of cash buying what i needed when i managed to find it. :/

I'll chnge my strategy too!! Stupid me only ever sold stuff when i needed the room in the barn, and i hardly ever visited the newspaper. Omg. What had i been missing on? Surprised i managed enough money for the third food maker, or for the pizza oven and the other shops only through plain plane deliveries. Duh. XD

Oh yes I for sure still need screws ! I'm in Limbo until I can get at least one . I've been searching and searching but no one seems to be selling any and who could blame them since parts are so rare ?!

ginrae22
10-23-13, 04:46 PM
I'm getting almost nothing from my deliveries. I've done tons and have received 3 items in the past 2 days, that is unreal. If the drop rate has increased, it hasn't shown up in my iPad game. I'm barely even seeing any butterflies and am still missing 1 from the top row and 1 from the bottom row. Some that are already filled have like 6 of that kind. I think I've found 4 butterflies in the past 2 days. :(

Me too most of the time I get nothing. Today I've gotten two land deeds and 1 can of paint . That's the best it's been for me in a while. I can't just sell stuff because I'm hoping that I'll get a screw in one of my deliveries but I for sure could use the money so I'm trying to constantly sell too. Ugh it's frustrating huh ? !!

ginrae22
10-23-13, 08:15 PM
I just got the update on my phone and so far I haven't noticed any changed in drops from my deliveries.

crystalrayn3
10-24-13, 11:24 AM
Hmmmmm I've been wondering... If we all switch over to focusing on selling items & putting Deliveries on the backburner, who's going to be left to buy our items?

mamareader02
10-24-13, 11:39 AM
Hmmmmm I've been wondering... If we all switch over to focusing on selling items & putting Deliveries on the backburner, who's going to be left to buy our items?

We still need to buy from shops in order to make some things,especially for those items that make a lotta cash,but take long time to harvest/collect materials.i will snap up any catfish,no matter the price,cause people buy my fried fish in less than 3 min after posting them

mamareader02
10-24-13, 11:41 AM
Also people doing full train deliveries are seriously scouting the paper ,I only do enough to earn 2 gems,then sell em my hard to make stuff,love my subs and any fish item,they bring mama the money!:)

crystalrayn3
10-24-13, 12:52 PM
Ah Ha! Ok, that makes much more sense. Thx :-) LOL

ginrae22
10-25-13, 03:40 PM
We still need to buy from shops in order to make some things,especially for those items that make a lotta cash,but take long time to harvest/collect materials.i will snap up any catfish,no matter the price,cause people buy my fried fish in less than 3 min after posting them

haha that is how i am with any supplies that come up in the newspaper. I'm seeing less and less land deeds though which makes me sad haha. Can't rely on deliveries alone to do that, especially since somehow all of my orders always need a ton of whatever i do not have at the moment. And it ends up being in every single order! These days I'm discarding the orders left and right and i mean all at the same time.

sweetypies97
10-28-13, 10:37 PM
I jinxed myself :(

I'm back to getting a rare drop from deliveries now.

ginrae22
10-30-13, 11:19 AM
I jinxed myself :(

I'm back to getting a rare drop from deliveries now.

Wait you are sad about getting rare items from deliveries?!

mamareader02
10-30-13, 01:11 PM
Wait you are sad about getting rare items from deliveries?!

I think she means it's rare for her to get a rare drop from deliveries,my luck personally changes from day to day

ginrae22
10-30-13, 02:14 PM
ooooo got it lol so rarely getting a drop. The word rare in there threw me off. Okay that makes more sense and trust me you aren't alone sweetypies97. I literally haven't gotten any items in two days.

Sefyre
10-30-13, 04:40 PM
LOL I am glad I saw this thread otherwise I would be doing it all wrong. :(

I got stuck without a hammer for THE longest time and couldn't repair my Marketplace and so I had to rely entirely on my Deliveries to get anything done and I guess because of that, I assumed that my Deliveries were supposed to be my 'main' money-earners.

Guess not!

ginrae22
10-30-13, 04:50 PM
I wish I knew exactly how the newspaper works. Now that I know it's not just promoted items it makes a lot more sense why nobody ever seems to have rare parts in their stores. My guess is after the newspaper refreshes, it is waiting for people to put new things up for sale. Sometimes it only takes a few seconds for new items to pop up and sometimes minutes so that's my best guess. For now I'm continuing to hunt for land deeds, screws and infamous shovels in the newspaper.