PDA

View Full Version : Gift box

momarmy
10-18-13, 07:46 PM
Some items in my gift box are items used to build things. I guess I accepted them thinking I could use them. When I click to use them it says something like item can't be served. Is there anyway to get rid of those items?

[S8] Regina
10-18-13, 09:02 PM
You will be unable to delete these Parts in your Gifts. They can be used to build your Constructable items (marked with a hammer icon). If you place one of these Constructable item in your shop, you can tap on them to see which Parts you need to build it.

momarmy
10-18-13, 09:47 PM
Okay . . . I have a screw in my gift box and I click on it and it says screw is constructible part, can't be served!

[S8] Regina
10-18-13, 10:39 PM
You cannot use the Parts from your Gifts directly. You need a *Constructable* item (marked with a hammer icon). Once you have the item in your shop, tap on the item to see/use your Parts.

momarmy
10-19-13, 03:24 AM
I do have a constructable items . . . the stoves for the Halloween goals so I'm not sure what to do!

happyheartfla
10-20-13, 08:30 AM
Each item has different parts requirements. When you double tap on the parts box, it will show you what you need to build the appliance, and how many of each item you have. You can't do anything with the parts until all needed are collected. They sit inyour gifts box until you have enough. When you acquire enough of everything then your appliance will have a Build button, and will use parts from your gifts and also from your materials that were filled by neighbors. You can leave parts in your gift box indefinitely and they will just sit there until you need them.

momarmy
10-20-13, 08:46 AM
Okay . . . I'm working on the Confection Lab. I need 3 Green Nozzles and in my gift box there is 2. So I need to wait until there is 3 in my gift box and it will automatically be counted? I have 3 gears in my gift box and I only need 2. Why isn't it filled? I'm sorry if I am being a pest, I'm new and I don't understand! Everytime I click on one of the items in the gift box it says "gear is constructible part, can't be served"

happyheartfla
10-20-13, 09:18 AM
Right...you can't use the items in the gift box, other than the food. The game keeps track of the parts. You must collect All of the parts for your appliance before the game will use any of them. There's two ways to get the parts; as gifts and by Material Request from your neighbors. Many players like to stockpile parts (in the gift box) so that they have most, if not all, of what they need when they decide to build a new appliance. This is what I do. They just sit there until I need them. What I don't already have gets Requested from my neighbors. When I have all the needed parts the appliance will allow me to Build it, and will pull what it needs from the gift storage.

happyheartfla
10-20-13, 09:20 AM
I'm going to send you a neighbor request, so I can send you the nozzel. You'll need to accept the request first though.

momarmy
10-20-13, 10:26 AM
Thank you so much . . . I get it now! I appreciate all the help happyheartfla . . . ;)

happyheartfla
10-20-13, 10:40 AM
Yoou're welcome. I know these games are a little confusing when you first start.

Btw, are you an army mom?? My husband and I are retired Army!