PDA

View Full Version : Can't find certain recipes..

goofy42
10-17-13, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry if this gets posted twice.... I just posted it, but I don't see it, so perhaps I didn't do it correctly.
I was wondering why two recipes: Mummy Pizza and Candy Corn Pizza are not in my 'cookbooks'... I have the appropriate appliances, and have had them for a few years already. I was able to 'cook' these items last year. I know they are available because I see them on my neighbors' counters. Please let me know how I can get these recipes again. Thanks.

[S8] Regina
10-17-13, 03:16 PM
The Mummy Pizza and Candy Corn Pizza were removed as they were in the game for a limited time. You may see it in your neighbors' Shop if they did not log into the game for a long time. When you do not log into the game, your food stays on the counters when others are viewing your Shop.

goofy42
10-17-13, 03:47 PM
The Mummy Pizza and Candy Corn Pizza were removed as they were in the game for a limited time. You may see it in your neighbors' Shop if they did not log into the game for a long time. When you do not log into the game, your food stays on the counters when others are viewing your Shop.

thanks for replying. I understand your reply, but I think my neighbors who have these foods said they still are able to cook them. In addition, I know that they have been playing continuously, as I have. it isn't a major problem, of course, but is it possible to re-offer these cute recipes, at least temporarily? thanks for your assistance.

nky1111
10-18-13, 06:01 AM
they have a special edition game, old halloween or thanksgiving maybe

LalaSmooth
10-18-13, 06:39 AM
I have a question- will these halloween recipes on the stove/oven/grill be removed at some point?

LalaSmooth
10-18-13, 06:40 AM
thanks for replying. I understand your reply, but I think my neighbors who have these foods said they still are able to cook them. In addition, I know that they have been playing continuously, as I have. it isn't a major problem, of course, but is it possible to re-offer these cute recipes, at least temporarily? thanks for your assistance.

They still might be playing on the halloween version last year.

jmterao
10-18-13, 01:51 PM
I'm sorry if this gets posted twice.... I just posted it, but I don't see it, so perhaps I didn't do it correctly.
I was wondering why two recipes: Mummy Pizza and Candy Corn Pizza are not in my 'cookbooks'... I have the appropriate appliances, and have had them for a few years already. I was able to 'cook' these items last year. I know they are available because I see them on my neighbors' counters. Please let me know how I can get these recipes again. Thanks.

Which device are you on? I am on iOS and I just made 19 appliances worth of candy corn pizza not 10 minutes ago.

goofy42
10-18-13, 03:46 PM
Which device are you on? I am on iOS and I just made 19 appliances worth of candy corn pizza not 10 minutes ago.

I am on iOS, and, as a matter of fact, I still do have last year's Halloween version on my device. I simply never deleted it. I can play using that version. However, those recipes are not available. According to the comment above, I should be able to 'cook' these recipes. Please clear up the confusion. On one hand, I read that those recipes are no longer available. Yet, now I discover that they are available on last year's Halloween version of the game. I have that version, so why don't I see those recipes on the appropriate appliances? Thanks very much for any info.

ginrae22
10-18-13, 04:17 PM

How is that possible? People are saying that even before downloading ios 7 they can't access their old versions. I still have mine but none of them work anymore they all say they aren't supported on my new version of ios...something smells rotten here.

jmterao
10-18-13, 05:23 PM
How is that possible? People are saying that even before downloading ios 7 they can't access their old versions. I still have mine but none of them work anymore they all say they aren't supported on my new version of ios...something smells rotten here.

Wow that's really strange. I have not updated, maybe that's it? Another strange thing is I don't have the mummy pizza, just candy corn.

I am playing in last years Halloween version. They shut it off then I found it working again last week.

Trying to figure out what TL is doing at any given time is impossible.

goofy42
10-19-13, 01:07 PM
Wow that's really strange. I have not updated, maybe that's it? Another strange thing is I don't have the mummy pizza, just candy corn.

I am playing in last years Halloween version. They shut it off then I found it working again last week.

Trying to figure out what TL is doing at any given time is impossible.

I think you hit the nail on the head, jmterao:-) This isn't the most important problem, of course, but it would be nice if there was a straightforward explanation for this.. It was the same for me...I was not able to access the older version for a while (recently). However, now I can use it. It also seems odd that the reason given for accessibility to these items is that players are using an older Halloween version of the game. On the one hand, we are told we cannot use the older version (last year's, for me), yet, on the other hand, the reason that some people can cook these items is that they are using the older version. I am confused:-)

TinksThots
10-25-13, 11:17 PM
The 2012 xmas versions of BS/RS will still run on my 2nd gen iPod touch, but not on my 1st gen iPad. I think it's something to do with the difference between iOS 4.2.1 or older, and 4.3 or higher. That's the only variable that seems to consistently makes sense.

Meanwhile, this year, android got 2012's Halloween content on RS, iOS didn't. So unless you have a device that can still run those old ones, or you transfer to android just long enough to go shopping, you just don't get any of it.