PDA

View Full Version : Out of Curiosity...

nomicrophone
10-16-13, 01:00 PM
So what items and props are you using to decorate or cook for Halloween in your bakery that weren't really meant for Halloween

Mine are:
*The Italian arc wood panel windows (they give they haunted house kinda look)
*Peach Pirate pie (because it has a skull on it)
*most of the pirate stuff they gave us that can pull off that creepy look (skull/pirate tables, the nautical helm, etc)
*Chocolate raisins (to represent candy)
*Hot apple cider (for fall)

And speaking of using props for other holidays those boardwalk Pier railings with the attached lights, I'm so using those for Christmas :)

graciessweets
10-16-13, 05:11 PM
I went with a colorful candy approach and used some of the following:
Pumpkin carriage (red autumn box)
Cotton candy display
Candy barrels
Sugar dresses
Giant gummy bear
Cake pop boquet
Sugar couch
Cupcake server
Flooring: gray, white boardwalk tiles, pink carpet, and the new swirl tile
Tables: skull, black licorice, patio
Along with baking from the candy ovens :-)
I have all this mixed in with all the new items (tables, goal items, tile, etc)

NoWayCupcake
10-16-13, 05:13 PM
Good idea for a thread! I'm surprised more players haven't responded. The main reason I play this game is for the design aspect. You have great ideas! I'll add you and check out your bakery.

I have a bunch! Though I won't be able to say which update they're from... I'm level 99 so I might have things other players haven't been around to unlock/earn yet :/

*The Candy Barrels are perfect! They remind me of giving out candy to trick or treaters!
*Taffy Stools from the boardwalk update. They're orange and candy of course!
*Green Picnic Bench goes great with the pumpkin tables in case anyone didn't want to spend gems. (Like me.)
*The Spring Table looks just like chocolate and matches the Witches Chair perfectly!
*Black Licorice Tables are my absolute favorite. They're black, candy, and match my vampire chairs and different Halloween floor tiles.
*Jolly Roger Tables like you said! Some of the pirate stuff works.
*Sun Quilt floor tile looks like candy corn! Credit to another thread and player that I got that tip from.
*SweetCo Sprinkles floor tile looks like trick or treaters left a candy trail haha.
*Caribbean Cobble floor tile is just right for my graveyard section.
*Boardwalk floor tile looks just like dirt as some other players have discovered! Matches those Mummy tables and Rising hand chairs in my graveyard!
*Orange Tree and Green Vase work great in my graveyard.
*Cupcake Tree from the SweetCo update. Very similar to the new Twisted Cupcake Tree but they both work great for Halloween.
*Pier Railing wall decor looks spooky against dark wallpaper. I love those lights.
*Diamond Print wall decor looks spooky too and matches the new black and white items.

I think that's it for now. Though I'm constantly changing my bakery design around haha. I tried to give everything their specific name so players can find them in their design tab!

Happy Halloween everyone! :]

xoxjenn
10-16-13, 05:46 PM
Candy Barrel, White Fence, & Clover Tile because it makes a cheap grass like floor, lol.

nomicrophone
10-16-13, 06:54 PM
Oh yeah! I use the candy barrel too for like "trick or treating" as well as the dragon baker that's blowing out fire just because lol, and the floor tiles I used the Caribbean stone one because it looks kinda haunted housey... :)

Looking for more responses!!! ;)

sls0991
10-16-13, 11:49 PM
This gave me some good ideas, thank you!

nomicrophone
10-17-13, 01:11 AM
This gave me some good ideas, thank you!

Yay! Glad to see this post is helpful! =D

savage_mel
10-17-13, 08:32 AM
I'm also using a lot of things already mentioned. Caribbean stone, sun quilt tile, Jolly Roger tables, black licorice tables, candy barrel, and I'm baking candy corn muffins!

nomicrophone
10-17-13, 09:52 AM
I'm also using a lot of things already mentioned. Caribbean stone, sun quilt tile, Jolly Roger tables, black licorice tables, candy barrel, and I'm baking candy corn muffins!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that! The candy corn muffins from the candy oven, yep I'm doing those too ;)

savage_mel
10-17-13, 10:08 AM
Oh! And the gumdrop chairs go great with the pumpkin tables too. (For another gem-less option)