PDA

View Full Version : Apple Tree/Lemon Tree

Mistymoo50
10-16-13, 11:32 AM
I found an orange tree in the castle. I have 113 gems and want to know if it is best to purchase the apple tree in the hope of getting the golden apple or would the lemon tree be a better buy? I don't have enough for both!

MiniLaura
10-16-13, 12:10 PM
I would go for the apple tree because the golden apple drops allow you to earn more gems through the Royal Exchange.
Also, I find that the lemon tree is a much more common drop than the other two fruit trees. I got four lemon trees from adventures, but only one orange and one apple.

Mistymoo50
10-16-13, 03:06 PM
Thanks for that, will get the apple tree, when next adventure completes - just in case!

jimboser
10-17-13, 06:44 AM
Another vote for the Apple tree, it will occasionally (rarely) drop a Golden Apple, which is needed every now and then. I received 4 lemon trees from adventures, and never once had an orange or apple tree from them.

m1stery
10-21-13, 05:42 AM
I would advise you to do adventures to get all gem trees. First adventure (one that requires Simple feast) has a chance of dropping Orange Tree, second adventure has a chance of dropping Lemon Tree, while third adventure might give you Apple tree!

jimboser
10-21-13, 06:42 AM
I would advise you to do adventures to get all gem trees. First adventure (one that requires Simple feast) has a chance of dropping Orange Tree, second adventure has a chance of dropping Lemon Tree, while third adventure might give you Apple tree!

All true, but with the random nature of the game, I really wouldn't count on this. 10+ months of adventuring daily has only gotten me lemon trees, no apple, no orange. If you are needing Apples and Oranges for the quests, buy with gems, and then hope you pick up a 2nd tree through adventures. There are plenty of 'Play Game X' challenges that will give you enough gems for trees and other things over time, just pick them up as you are able.

queentina3
10-22-13, 05:03 AM
All true, but with the random nature of the game, I really wouldn't count on this. 10+ months of adventuring daily has only gotten me lemon trees, no apple, no orange. If you are needing Apples and Oranges for the quests, buy with gems, and then hope you pick up a 2nd tree through adventures. There are plenty of 'Play Game X' challenges that will give you enough gems for trees and other things over time, just pick them up as you are able.

Same here and I thought it odd. The past few adventures I've been getting a lemon tree - 3 in a row but not a single Apple Tree. I did get extra Orange Trees last fall through adventures but lately they've only been giving me Lemon.

jessielynn6583
05-18-15, 02:02 PM
I don't have apple, lemon or orange tree. I was considering buying them since I need so many of each, for quests. How many chops does it take to clear them? How often do they replenish? Just asking because I don't want to use my gems if it clears in like 3 chops. Thank you

ShibuyaCloth
05-18-15, 02:06 PM
I don't have apple, lemon or orange tree. I was considering buying them since I need so many of each, for quests. How many chops does it take to clear them? How often do they replenish? Just asking because I don't want to use my gems if it clears in like 3 chops. Thank you

Fruit trees are permanent. They refresh in 2 hours. You get 1 fruit per harvest, 1/50 chance to get a golden apple from an apple tree.

woos68
05-18-15, 08:31 PM
So far, all I've had drop from my apple tree is red apples - need the golden one to move on with a quest - have the golden egg and golden nugget with spares in my inventory but the more you need something the longer and I mean longer for that item to appear xx

anurulz
05-18-15, 08:45 PM
I received the lemon and orange tree thru adventures but bought the apple tree..i wud suggest getting tht coz its a rarer drop from the adventures..

totalwasteoftime
05-18-15, 09:50 PM
I agree with buying the apple tree. If you end up with another from an adventure then great, but I now have two to three of each tree and collect from them regularly and am never maxed out on fruit. It takes ten fruit to make a pie/cobbler/pitcher of lemonade so as long as you keep baking I think they are well worth the investment!
(I feel that way about all my gem purchases... even though I max out on an item eventually they've all been things I really needed in order to advance in the game at that point and when I'm impatient I think it better to make a gem purchase than a gem skip because I can't produce the item I need!)

totalwasteoftime
05-18-15, 09:51 PM
And the golden apple can take forever to drop so might as well start harvesting a purchased tree than waiting for a tree to drop!

ShibuyaCloth
05-18-15, 10:26 PM
currently some players are testing the 1/50 drop rate for golden apples from the tree. It looks like it is the sweet spot. So in short, it takes in average 50 harvest from a tree to get a golden apple.