PDA

View Full Version : Buying Gems - adjustment badly needed

Chianti
10-13-13, 09:51 PM
I have no shame in admitting I purchase gems to enhance my gameplay. However, I sincerely hope the producers of this game are reading, since I've reached a point where I simply cannot condone the purchase of anymore gems. The system you currently have in place, quite literally, dissuades players from purchasing in-game gems.

The problem is the exponential cost in purchasing and completing builds the higher you get. At my level, even if I were to spend $100, I would effectively be able to upgrade PERHAPS a building - or two. That's $100!

Clearly the time to upgrade a building and the cost to upgrade a building needs to increase as a player gains levels. HOWEVER, your business plan, in this case, is failing you. This is a new game, so I understand if you aren't all that concerned right now; I'd imagine you're making quite the ****ing when it comes to in-app purchases. However, as players progress and gain higher levels, you will start to see the amount of money you make from this game rapidly decline. Since you're in the business of making money via in-app purchases, I hope you take my suggestion to heart.

You absolutely MUST adjust the number of gems a person receives from an in-app purchase based on that players level. 12,000 gems is very reasonable for $100 to start. That being said, 12,000 gems means absolutely nothing to me right now. What incentive do I have to spend money knowing $100 (a lot of money) will be gone in literally 2 seconds. Simply make it so that as the players level increases, so does the number of gems they receive from a purchase.

This game is unlike any of your others, so the static X number of (gem,gold,etc.) for $50, $100, etc. will not work here. If you don't see it now, you will see it in the months to come, and at that point it may be too late.

I'm not about to be the one to come up with the formula, but a formula does need to be devised to determine how many gems a person receives for Y amount of $. At level 51, I'd be happy to spend $100 if it gave me closer to 30,000 gems (rough estimate). Anything less, like the 12,000 right now simply accomplishes nothing for me. A single upgrade and 1/3 of my gems are gone. That's for a single upgrade. Consider the number of buildings and WALLS that need upgrading as well.

Please take this into consideration. Thank you

Chianti
10-13-13, 09:58 PM
Just to clarify, at level 1, $100 would buy you 12,000 gems - I agree that is a very generous amount to start. However, as your level increases, so should the number of gems your receive for the same amount of money. So in my suggestions above, a level 50 players spending $100 would receive 30,000 gems (perhaps even more). It's not as if this is unfair. At level 50, 30,000 gems vs 12,000 gems will accomplish virtually the same amount of upgrades (relatively speaking). However, if nothing is done, you'll find that once players reach a certain threshold, and I'd imagine that threshold is roughly level 40, you won't see any in-app purchase at all.

geegee7117
10-20-13, 07:48 AM
I agree with you Chianti. I, too, have purchased many many gems for this game. This is a face paced game, and needs to be on a different level than their other apps. But then again, maybe the developers have made it that way to keep us coming back, which is getting really old, and making me not want to play any of their app games. The app competition is fierce, but if they keep going with the status quo, they will absolutely lose their loyal in-app purchase players, including me. Have you noticed they never have the gems purchase at a discount rate, like the other apps? It's a shame greed has taken over. Hopefully, we'll see positive action from the developers soon, if not, I'll have no choice but to delete all their apps because they simply don't care about loyal players.

Chianti
10-21-13, 09:39 AM
I agree with you Chianti. I, too, have purchased many many gems for this game. This is a face paced game, and needs to be on a different level than their other apps. But then again, maybe the developers have made it that way to keep us coming back, which is getting really old, and making me not want to play any of their app games. The app competition is fierce, but if they keep going with the status quo, they will absolutely lose their loyal in-app purchase players, including me. Have you noticed they never have the gems purchase at a discount rate, like the other apps? It's a shame greed has taken over. Hopefully, we'll see positive action from the developers soon, if not, I'll have no choice but to delete all their apps because they simply don't care about loyal players.

It's not just that, my friend. It's like I said in my original post. This game isn't like Dragon Story or Castle Story or whatever where buying "gold" is the same no matter what level you are. This game, the "gold" (gems) required to boost your productivity goes up exponentially. I have literally no reason to buy gold now, as much as I would like to, and that should scare storm8. Even if I were to spend $100, the max I could do is upgrade 2 buildings? maybe 3? Is that worth $100 to you?

They need to come up with a standard norm - like "okay, for $100 a user should be able to upgrade x, y, z" and then balance the amount of gems you get according to your level.

A level 20 user spending $100 (12,000 gem) should be able to upgrade the same amount of "whatever" compared to a level 60 user buying $100. That absolutely is not the case. I don't know what the formula should be, nor do I care to even attempt to figure one out, but at level 55 (me) I think 35,000 gem might be worth the $100.

Until they make this modification, I'm one of MANY that wont be spending money. It's not for a lack of wanting or protest - I have no problem spending money. It's the fact that spending $100 would get me squat at my level, and that isn't fair.

susbebe
10-23-13, 11:51 PM
I think it cut be nice if the some times was a sale on gems, like the is in team lava games. At the moment the gem is to expensive because you have to use so many.

MediusSyberia
10-24-13, 01:10 AM
I think it cut be nice if the some times was a sale on gems, like the is in team lava games. At the moment the gem is to expensive because you have to use so many.

This would be nice. Dragon Story does this quite a bit and most of the times I've bought some gold is during sales.

Chianti
10-27-13, 04:10 PM
The point is that spending 10 gold in dragon story at level 1 is the equivalent of spending 10 gold at level 140. Values are static.

In this game, as you progress in levels, things become exponentially more expensive. 12,000 gems at level 60 might is like a pat on the back. You can upgrade MAYBE 3 things. And it costs $100!

I may be preaching to myself at the moment, but sooner than later this change will happen naturally. Once people level up high enough, gem purchases will come to a screeching halt, at which point they will make the change naturally. I'm just looking ahead into the future so they can make the change now (to benefit all of us currently at higher levels).