PDA

View Full Version : Unable to download Baron's challenge

Cesar49
10-12-13, 08:02 AM
Four times, so far, the Baron has appeared to ask me to play Dragon Story: Halloween and four times (three yesterday, once today so far) I have been unable to download it. The game's in the App Store, but when I tap 'install' nothing happens. I've got plenty of space on the iPad so it's not that, and my internet connection is fine. Each time so far the challenge has suddenly vanished, but when it reappeared today the time remaining had gone down from 8 days to 7! This is driving me mad - what gives?!

kooky panda
10-12-13, 08:53 AM
Four times, so far, the Baron has appeared to ask me to play Dragon Story: Halloween and four times (three yesterday, once today so far) I have been unable to download it. The game's in the App Store, but when I tap 'install' nothing happens. I've got plenty of space on the iPad so it's not that, and my internet connection is fine. Each time so far the challenge has suddenly vanished, but when it reappeared today the time remaining had gone down from 8 days to 7! This is driving me mad - what gives?!
When I have issues downloading an app from the app store, usually a hard reset of my device helps.
On your device hold down the power and home button at the same time until you see the apple sign.

If still issues with downloading, go under the settings on your device- safari- and clear out your cookies and data, then restart your device.

Cesar49
10-12-13, 09:15 AM
Thanks Kooky. I do force close pretty frequently, but I went into Settings and saw that there was a system update waiting to be downloaded. Once I'd done that the Dragon Story download worked. I guess the update 'cleaned' the system, so I sort of did what you suggested!