PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

3Dolphin2013
10-12-13, 06:14 AM
Hey all,

I'm currently level 20 and I have 79 gems.
I was wondering if the glimmerdust trove (40 gems) actually gives you glimmerdust?
Or is that a stupid question?
I need a lot (working on Magic Ink & Pages and a Translator's Tome etc) so that's why I want to know :)

JayUK69
10-12-13, 06:18 AM
Yes, they give glimmerdust on each collection. Usually between 1 and 3 glimmerdust each time.

3Dolphin2013
10-12-13, 06:45 AM
Is it useful to have with the information I posted above or should I buy something else (or save for more)?

Revi4
10-12-13, 07:17 AM
If I remember correctly you get glimmerdust trove from a certain quest eventually, so keeping that in mind I don't know if I would spend 40 gems on something that you can get for free down the road.
Personally I think I would stick with the mushrooms as glimmerdust source for now.
There's not much to do with glimmerdust later in the game, but it's your call.

froltojo
10-12-13, 08:50 PM
I did buy a glimmerdust trove as I was always so short of glimmerdust but since then have had four drop from quests. Loads of lemon trees too but NO ALICORN HORN! :-)

DrP4ever
10-13-13, 02:29 AM
Don't buy the trove, you will earn one eventually! Collect from red mushroom rings and you will get glimmer dust. Sir piggleworth gives it out sometimes too. Save your gems, they're too precious to spend on this. In good time you'll have enough for your quests.

jtm101
10-13-13, 06:47 AM
I'll disagree and say buy the trove. You will earn one from a quest but it is still good to have 2 troves. Now that we have a new trade (level 25+) that uses glimmerdust i always collect from my troves. I have 4 in my main kingdom and 2 in my 2nd and 3rd kingdoms. Before this new trade i wouldve said dont bother, but you will need lots of glimmerdust throughout the game.

I assume you already have 1 each of the fruit trees, and maybe a sheep.

If you can save up, (ie not fall for gem traps), the wizard school is well worth the 200 gems.

MBRBTBRB
10-13-13, 02:33 PM
As well as the quest, troves can also drop from adventures. That's how I got my second trove.

p.s. In future please use more specific topic titles. e.g. Instead of "quick question" it would be better to put "should I buy glimmerdust trove for 40 gems?"

BriarAvenue
10-13-13, 07:51 PM
Got 3, never brought any. Actually have to store one.
Found the mushroom rings (red n pink) dropped sufficient glimmer dust supply.

BriarAvenue
10-13-13, 07:52 PM
Instead of trove, better to get 90 gems to buy an apple tree.