PDA

View Full Version : non food gifts

lucy0601
10-11-13, 03:37 PM
how do I use non food gifts?

I received decoration gifts, how can I use them?

Or can I delete the gifts I have received?

many thanks!

angelmama24
10-11-13, 06:43 PM
Hon, your "non-food gifts" are NOT decorations: they are PARTS for a constructible appliance. My advice: when you see parts in your gift list, decide if you might use them some day soon; if so, accept them; if not, decline. Simple as that. As for once they are in your inventory, sorry, but you are stuck with these parts, so choose wisely. ;)

sharpguy32
10-12-13, 03:35 PM
You can only use parts when when you buy a constructable appliance (the ones with a little hammer icon at the bottom, in market Appliances tab). When you buy a constructable appliance, you can not use it right away. It appears as a box you put on your floor (and you can't store this box either, only sell, so be aware of that. It also counts an appliance while in this state too and once its built).

Once you have the box on the floor, double tap it to open the Manage window. You'll see a list of the parts it requires to finish it. If you have enough, it will have a button that says "Build It". If not, then it shows how many parts you have and how many needed. Beside each part, will also be a "Ask Friends" button. You can click that and ask your neighbors to send parts (parts request).

You can only receive 20 gifts per day, but the Ask Friends (parts request) is separate and has a different counter (also 20 per day). So technically you can receive 40 gifts per day. When you do a part request, next time your neighbor logs in, they can hit the Accept button to send it to you (and its free for them, it doesn't take any gifts away from them).

So if you have 20 or less neighbors, accept everything from them. If you get to the point of having 100 neighbors, me personally, I decline all food and only accept parts. Those take more time to get. The food you get is gone in about 15 mins to 1 hour at most (and you got a few coins). Time is money ;) But when you first start out, take everything!

Can't delete gifts either, but its kind of good that you can't because when you need them in future, you'd kick yourself for deleting them.

sharpguy32
10-12-13, 03:43 PM
P.S. Also theres sites floating around that have appliance/parts list, so could also know up front if its something you want too. Just google "Parts List Bakery Story" or "constructible appliances bakery story", should yield of wealth of info. Its helped me out a lot. I find it better to research on a PC and not the phone/device. Hard to read on them things, lol.

TinksThots
10-13-13, 01:45 AM
That's right up here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?17858-Bakery-Story-Recipe-Inventory-and-Chart!!), in the sticky threads. Lots more helpful links there too. ;-)